HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal needs a top 6 sniper with size(or at the very least grit), few untouchables.

Old
11-17-2013, 05:34 PM
TT1

vCash: 500
Montreal needs a top 6 sniper with size(or at the very least grit), few untouchables.

the untouchables are pacioretty/subban/price/gallagher/galchenyuk. everyone else from our prospect pool and roster are available (even eller)
a trade for eller is very unlikely tho seeing as we're very high on him, ideally were looking for something around plekanec+ (a player thats been discussed alot for plek is someone like stewart for example, but at this point i dont think i would do that trade.. unless we get another good piece back)

on another note, we also need a solid 2way 3rd line right winger(who can also hit preferably). someone that has the potential to move up our line up would be nice
a few players that come to mind are hansen, brouwer, kulemin etc

Last edited by TT1: 11-17-2013 at 06:38 PM.
TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:37 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
DD and Boullion are also on our untouchable list.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!

You won't be getting a player like that without giving up value. If you want a player like that, it will take at least Galchenyuk or Gallagher as the start. I can say I want Chris Stewart, but if I say that Bennett, Neal, Kunitz, Crosby, Malkin and Letang aren't available, then I won't get him.

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

lol them and every other team

try the draft

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Every team want a player like that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:41 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
You won't be getting a player like that without giving up value. If you want a player like that, it will take at least Galchenyuk or Gallagher as the start. I can say I want Chris Stewart, but if I say that Bennett, Neal, Kunitz, Crosby, Malkin and Letang aren't available, then I won't get him.
which is why eller is there. no point in giving up wingers like pacioretty/gallagher when were looking for the same type of players, right? 8D

also galchenyuk is our future 1C, we want realistic proposals ^^, and stewart+ can be easily had for plekanec. we've had this discussion plenty of times with blues fans

Old
11-17-2013, 05:42 PM
FazChenyuk

pacioretty and a pick for kane please.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Vanek in free agency would be my dream for this club.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Revelate

Drew Stafford.

Revelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:45 PM
HabsHockey

Just offer Vanek a whole bunch of money.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:48 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Stewart would NEVER...NEVER command any of Galchenyuk or Gallagher. There value alone is much higher than Stewart's. At this rate I could see Stewart going for a late first at the draft.

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:48 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Hartnell?

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:50 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Hartnell?
relatively young players that we can add to our core obviously, we wont be cup contenders anytime soon

Old
11-17-2013, 05:50 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Stewart would NEVER...NEVER command any of Galchenyuk or Gallagher. There value alone is much higher than Stewart's. At this rate I could see Stewart going for a late first at the draft.
Not to burst your bubble here but as habs fans we tend to overrated and overhype a lot. Stewart for galchenyuk I could understand but Stewart for Gallagher? I mean come on its not like Gallagher has proven to hit 60 pts a season over and over again.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
I was using him as an example. Replace him with Evander Kane, is it better then?

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:52 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
Not to burst your bubble here but as habs fans we tend to overrated and overhype a lot. Stewart for galchenyuk I could understand but Stewart for Gallagher? I mean come on its not like Gallagher has proven to hit 60 pts a season over and over again.
gallagher is the type of player that elevates everyones play, no way we trade him. were looking to build around pacioretty/gallagher as our wingers

Old
11-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Draft

Quote:
I was using him as an example. Replace him with Evander Kane, is it better then?
Yeah, your point doesn't make sense otherwise.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

a late first for stewart only? i dunno bout that

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:58 PM
trick9

vCash: 50
Once again we come back to the Brouwer for Gorges deal.

Brouwer isn't exactly your prototypical sniper but he is big body, year after year among hit leaders in the league and if he gets to play in his spot on Habs PP i can see him scoring 25 goals.

He is also very good on the PK, averaging 2nd most minutes among Caps forwards and they have 2nd best PK on the league.

trick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:00 PM
TT1

Quote:
uhhh yes thats better, i still dont see what your point is tho.. every player has their own value. you said if you want to get that type of player you need to give up value, then you listed stewart. i answered back by saying that a player like stewart could be easily had for plekanec (who isnt an untouchable)

so if we could get a player like stewart (whos the type of player that we need) for plekanec then we could naturally get a better player for someone like eller, seeing as he has more value (meaning we're offering up solid value for our needs). were obviously looking for a fair deal.. its not like we would ask for ovechkin for eller

we also have solid prospect pieces such as beaulieu, tinordi, fucale etc. also markov/gorges would help out alot of teams

Last edited by TT1: 11-18-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old
11-17-2013, 06:00 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick9 View Post
Once again we come back to the Brouwer for Gorges deal.

Brouwer isn't exactly your prototypical sniper but he is big body, year after year among hit leaders in the league and if he gets to play in his spot on Habs PP i can see him scoring 25 goals.

He is also very good on the PK, averaging 2nd most minutes among Caps forwards and they have 2nd best PK on the league.
good possiblity for our 3rd line RW'er, he also has the potential to move up

Old
11-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Furry89

Quote:
The Penguins could get Chris Stewart without giving up one of those players you mentioned. Something along the lines of Pouliout/Harrington and a 1st would be a good starting point for a deal centered around Stewart.

Furry89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:05 PM
jacks

Quote:
Error again.Like it's gonna take Galchenyuk for a top SIX like Stewart.
Error after, i mean mistake after mistake.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:07 PM
jacks

Quote:
Not really. As much as i would love to have Kane onour team i wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Kane either.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:08 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry89 View Post
The Penguins could get Chris Stewart without giving up one of those players you mentioned. Something along the lines of Pouliout/Harrington and a 1st would be a good starting point for a deal centered around Stewart.
There is a thing as team needs the Blues don't need a 1st or prospect. The Blues are trying to contend now. Stewart is only available for a player that improves the current roster. So no they could not get Stewart without giving up a good roster player.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote