Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quick Q: Bobby statue @ TD

Old
11-13-2013, 10:49 PM
GordonHowe

vCash: 500
Quick Q: Bobby statue @ TD

Please to help: Geographically challenged.

Where's Bob's statue relative to the Pro Shop? Meeting my out of town brother in law 11/21 for Bruins/Blues tilt.

(Birthday gift from scattered family -- all Wings fans -- to the crazy Bruins fan.)

Any info appreciated,

GH

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:56 PM
BrainOfJ
Draft Victor Mete

Basically right outside of it. You walk in the entrance behind the Flying Orr and the pro shop is to your left.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Dtb1381

The guy above gave the simpliest answer , but just ask someone everyone including people not going to the game knows were it is, but be prepared for a weird look

Dtb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 07:49 AM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtb1381 View Post
The guy above gave the simpliest answer , but just ask someone everyone including people not going to the game knows were it is, but be prepared for a weird look
Thank you both. I always go to the pro shop from the opposite entrance, walking toward it past all of the player posters.

One last q.: Is it best to arrive about an hour early per 7 pm start?

Thanks again,

GH

Old
11-14-2013, 08:54 AM
LucicIsABeast

Not to derail this but anyone seen the bill russell statue by gov center? Was walking home from work last night and noticed it. Didnt know that was happening

LucicIsABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 08:56 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Thank you both. I always go to the pro shop from the opposite entrance, walking toward it past all of the player posters.

Thanks again,

GH
I usually arrive right before 7.

Back in the day I'd be waiting downstairs at 6, but it's kind of overkill. If you wanna hang out for a minute and snap pictures, then 6 is more than enough time to relax and get to your seats. I would shoot for 630

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Thanks again,

GH
The gates to the Garden open at 6 p.m., but of course the line forms at the bottom of the stairs well before that; by 6, it's out the door. If you're going in the door by the Orr statue, the line forms on the right; the left-hand doors will be accessible for commuters and for people who want to visit the pro shop, get something to eat, etc.

If you want to watch pregame skate from up close, get there early. The teams hit the ice around 6:30, but spots on the glass are claimed beforehand. If you have a kid who'd like a puck, park yourselves at the blue line opposite the Bruins bench. Chara almost always looks for a kid to toss a puck to there.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

This should help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg‎ (31.1 KB, 11 views)

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:39 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I usually arrive right before 7.

Back in the day I'd be waiting downstairs at 6, but it's kind of overkill. If you wanna hang out for a minute and snap pictures, then 6 is more than enough time to relax and get to your seats. I would shoot for 630
Thanks for the tip. It's been a long, long time since I've been to an actual game. Just can't afford it.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:41 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The gates to the Garden open at 6 p.m., but of course the line forms at the bottom of the stairs well before that; by 6, it's out the door. If you're going in the door by the Orr statue, the line forms on the right; the left-hand doors will be accessible for commuters and for people who want to visit the pro shop, get something to eat, etc.

If you want to watch pregame skate from up close, get there early. The teams hit the ice around 6:30, but spots on the glass are claimed beforehand. If you have a kid who'd like a puck, park yourselves at the blue line opposite the Bruins bench. Chara almost always looks for a kid to toss a puck to there.
Thanks for the minute detail. The only kid there will be me, and I'll be 50 on Thanksgiving!

Old
11-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Thanks for the minute detail. The only kid there will be me, and I'll be 50 on Thanksgiving!
I'm always a kid at games, but when pucks fall into my hands, I look for a little one to give them to.

I'll be at that game too, but just this once I'll be on the other side during warmup. If you want to say hi, look for the curly-haired woman weeping over Vladdie.

Old
11-14-2013, 06:03 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
I'm always a kid at games, but when pucks fall into my hands, I look for a little one to give them to.

I'll be at that game too, but just this once I'll be on the other side during warmup. If you want to say hi, look for the curly-haired woman weeping over Vladdie.
Again, thanks for the info, and really, you must let Sobotka go.

It should be great good fun. I've been a fan since 1970 (surprise year!), saw games at the original Garden, but have never once been to a game at what we used to dub The Fleece Center.

Old
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
doc5hole

Quote:
Please to help: Geographically challenged.

Where's Bob's statue relative to the Pro Shop? Meeting my out of town brother in law 11/21 for Bruins/Blues tilt.

(Birthday gift from scattered family -- all Wings fans -- to the crazy Bruins fan.)

Any info appreciated,

GH

Nuts-bolts-wise: Orr statue is out near Causeway Street, SW corner of TDG -- on the end with the new O'Neill building that replaced the old Hotel Madison and opposite to the end the Orange Line entry points are on.

Pro shop is in the west end of the concourse. So, if you enter east end (that's what it sounds like), you walk straight down the concourse and all the way out the other end, then take a left (south) out toward Causeway. Or don't enter the concourse and just walk west (away from the Zakim Bridge and the North End) down Causeway until you get near that fancy street-level sign for TD Garden and that's where the Orr statue is, right off Causeway.

If you like warm-ups, they start at 6:30. Gates open at 6. So you can probably avoid the initial crush and make warm-ups by going to the gates at 6:20-ish.

If you haven't been since the Garden and have the flexibility, I highly recommend you hit the Fours on Canal. Food's good, and it's a museum full of awesome large and small photos.

doc5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:39 PM
northeastern

look for the huge TD GARDEN sign, orr is near that, then walk into the garden on that side and boom. proshop.

if you see the north station T entrance, a CVS or a big highway, your on the wrong side and need to go to the other side of the garden.

And arriving at 630 is plenty early.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:24 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc5hole View Post
Nuts-bolts-wise: Orr statue is out near Causeway Street, SW corner of TDG -- on the end with the new O'Neill building that replaced the old Hotel Madison and opposite to the end the Orange Line entry points are on.

Pro shop is in the west end of the concourse. So, if you enter east end (that's what it sounds like), you walk straight down the concourse and all the way out the other end, then take a left (south) out toward Causeway. Or don't enter the concourse and just walk west (away from the Zakim Bridge and the North End) down Causeway until you get near that fancy street-level sign for TD Garden and that's where the Orr statue is, right off Causeway.

If you like warm-ups, they start at 6:30. Gates open at 6. So you can probably avoid the initial crush and make warm-ups by going to the gates at 6:20-ish.

If you haven't been since the Garden and have the flexibility, I highly recommend you hit the Fours on Canal. Food's good, and it's a museum full of awesome large and small photos.
Thank you for all of the information, one time hockey show host.

I actually went down to the Garden for a "dry run," using the East entrance. Picked up a B's lapel pin for my jacket (no t-shirts in winter, so I gotta rep somehow ) & some sweats (my old ones were done for & these were "just" $30, which is cheap for the pro shop), then finally met Flying Bobby. So, forearmed with your excellent info/advice, and that of other helpful souls, I should be set.

This last: Initially, I thought my brother in law would be taking me to the Blues tilt, or perhaps a Surviving Six match against TO. There was some confusion about the date on my sister's part, you see.

So who are the Bruins playing on 11/21? Why, Pittsburgh, that's who. My brother in law is not a hockey aficionado nor a Bruins fan.

He is in for an education.

Again, thanks to all,

GH

Old
11-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Thank you for all of the information, one time hockey show host.

I actually went down to the Garden for a "dry run," using the East entrance. Picked up a B's lapel pin for my jacket (no t-shirts in winter, so I gotta rep somehow ) & some sweats (my old ones were done for & these were "just" $30, which is cheap for the pro shop), then finally met Flying Bobby. So, forearmed with your excellent info/advice, and that of other helpful souls, I should be set.

This last: Initially, I thought my brother in law would be taking me to the Blues tilt, or perhaps a Surviving Six match against TO. There was some confusion about the date on my sister's part, you see.

So who are the Bruins playing on 11/21? Why, Pittsburgh, that's who. My brother in law is not a hockey aficionado nor a Bruins fan.

He is in for an education.

Again, thanks to all,

GH
I think there might still be some confusion?

The Bruins play St. Louis on 11/21 (a Thursday). They play Pittsburgh on 11/25 (a Monday). Check your tickets; you don't want to show up on the wrong day!

Old
11-17-2013, 04:04 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
I think there might still be some confusion?

The Bruins play St. Louis on 11/21 (a Thursday). They play Pittsburgh on 11/25 (a Monday). Check your tickets; you don't want to show up on the wrong day!
Thanks. It's the 25th. Jeez.

Old
11-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Good think you doublechecked!

Old
11-17-2013, 07:11 PM
BrainOfJ
Draft Victor Mete

Quote:
See you there

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:55 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
See you there
Given recent history, and renewed motivation on the Pitt side, can't say I'm expecting a positive result for the locals.

As silly as it may sound, though, what I'm really looking forward to is cheering my guts out with other members of the tribe.

Being a Bruins fan has often been a lonely enterprise, recent success to the contrary. Though I disdain the pink hats to be found everywhere these days -- bizarro world indeed -- I became a B's fan in 1970 & from the far remove of Michigan to boot.

In the event, as Keith Richard said upon surveying his new mates at Wormwood Scrubs prison after the Stones were busted for drug possession in '67, "My people."

Old
11-21-2013, 12:36 PM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Have fun at the game GH!!

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote