HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dustin Jeffrey claimed by Stars

Old
11-17-2013, 01:29 PM
TorontoTrades

vCash: 500
Damn, nice waiver pick up.

Should get plenty of opportunity in Dallas

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:47 PM
ThatGuy

Send a message via MSN to ThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesdynsty View Post
I forgot, all the Pens fans love him too much for the 09 cup which was 4 years ago, I repeat, 4 years ago. He has good regular season record, but come playoffs, where is here, vacationing already, oh I forgot, the fans love him too much
The vast majority of the Pens board hates Bylsma.

ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
I forgot, all the Pens fans love him too much for the 09 cup which was 4 years ago, I repeat, 4 years ago. He has good regular season record, but come playoffs, where is here, vacationing already, oh I forgot, the fans love him too much
What are you rambling about? That is pretty much the exact opposite of the Pen's board feelings when it comes to DB.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Zirakzigil

Good pickup by the Stars. Should be a solid bottom 6 player for them.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Over the last few years, these are the young players we lost for essentially nothing:

Letestu (trade)
Jeffery (waived)
Tangradi (trade)
Strait (waived)
Lovejoy (trade)

No one extreme there. Pens board is having an aneurism about this though, like we waived Bennett or something. He's a depth F, no more.
Who would you rather have though, Adams or Jeffrey, Letestu or Glass?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
On the 4th line, regular season and playoffs, I choose Glass and Adams. Those two along with Vitale have been a solid 4th line for the Penguins. Jeffrey and Letestu are better suited for a 3rd line role, and I choose Sutter, Bennett, D'Agostini and Kobasew over Jeffrey.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:45 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
If this envolves scratching goons like Garbutt or Roussel it should improve the league.
Neither of those two are goons. Especially Roussel.

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
I don't think a single Penguins fan has spoken with a complimentary tone for Bylsma for at least two years now and the Pens board has collectively been on the 'fire Dan Byslma' bandwagon for at least 6 months now.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Can we not turn this board into a constant Bylsma complaint-fest as well? I don't even go to the Pens board anymore because it's gotten completely unreadable.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
On the 4th line, regular season and playoffs, I choose Glass and Adams. Those two along with Vitale have been a solid 4th line for the Penguins. Jeffrey and Letestu are better suited for a 3rd line role, and I choose Sutter, Bennett, D'Agostini and Kobasew over Jeffrey.
Glass is not a player you want in the playoffs in any form. Not that Jeffrey is the player you want on the 4th line, but losing Glass wouldn't be a real loss for the playoffs.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:05 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Glass & Adams are the worst 4th line in hockey. They are constantly hemmed in their own zone. I understand Adams is a good PKer so it makes sense to keep him around but Glass's hits can be replaced with a better player with out that much trouble.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
What are you talking about? Go look at the Pens board. There are a lot of us that realize that Bylsma has become a problem.

Not that Malkin doesn't need to play better because he does. So does Letang but the Bylsmagic has ran out & people are jumping ship.

As for DJ I wish him the best of luck. He kicked Bylsma's dog or something because he really never got a real chance & once Engelland started playing forward over him it became embarrassing.
I didn't hear about Jeffrey kicking Adams or Glass?

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:31 PM
stardog

Quote:
Over the last few years, these are the young players we lost for essentially nothing:

Letestu (trade)
Jeffery (waived)
Tangradi (trade)
Strait (waived)
Lovejoy (trade)

No one extreme there. Pens board is having an aneurism about this though, like we waived Bennett or something. He's a depth F, no more.
They are upset justifiably. Not because of WHO we lost but because how this organization handles younger assets. They do not develop them properly and they give preference to older washed up vets who bring little to the table rather than develop their picks who have the potential to add much more to the table. They are upset over the asset management and they are right in being upset. This has been the calling card for the Shero/Bylsma regime and it's ridiculous.
To insinuate that they are upset solely at the thought of losing Jeffery as if in a vacuum is disengenuous

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:

Letestu (trade)
Jeffery (waived)
Tangradi (trade)
Strait (waived)
Lovejoy (trade)

You forgot Joe Morrow....unless you count Brenden Morrow as "something" during his brief time with the Pens. I sure as hell don't miss him.

Don't know much about Jeffrey, or if he's suiting up tonight in Vancouver (doubt it).

Probably means the Vernon Fiddler sweepstakes are going to heat up, though.

11-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

His play has been pretty shaky as of late. But some consistent playing time will probably do him wonders. That's not very hard for anyone to imagine, expect for Bylsma.

Hans Rutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Riptide

Quote:

Letestu (trade)
Jeffery (waived)
Tangradi (trade)
Strait (waived)
Lovejoy (trade)

What prompted the move? We bring someone up or something that made this move necessary?

"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Adams, Glass then Jeffrey. He's a nice piece to have, as he is versatile. But it's not the end of the world with him moving on. Best of luck to him. Always felt he could be a decent 3rd liner - just not a really physical one.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Vokouna Maattata
I LOVE OLLI MAATTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
What prompted the move? We bring someone up or something that made this move necessary?
Could be a few things. Kobasew could be coming back, we could be recalling Megna or maybe Shero could be making a deal for a F. Jeffery probably wanted out ASAP.

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Could be a few things. Kobasew could be coming back, we could be recalling Megna or maybe Shero could be making a deal for a F. Jeffery probably wanted out ASAP.
Yeah, wouldn't blame him on that. Guess we'll see in the next few days what happens.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

It was time to move on from Jeffrey. He didn't have a place or role with the Pens. I wish him all the best in Dallas. He could be a Mark Letestu type of pickup for the Stars if he pans out. I know that's not anything amazing but still.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

it's a nice pickup, I'm curious as to where he'll fit in with the Stars and who he'll be playing with.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Fire Shero*

I hate bylsma as much as the next guy, but Jeffrey is not a good hockey player. Pens fans revolted after tangradi was waived and shockingly he's still the same crappy player. Jeffrey is versatile, that's about it. He will fade out of the league in the next couple of seasons

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySolace View Post
Off topic, but sounds a lot like Detroit and Babcock.
wanna exchange coaches?

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
wanna exchange coaches?
I would do that immediately if possible. Bylsma should have gotten **** canned within a week of game 4 of the conf finals.

Old
11-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Tuk Tuk

Loved him here in Sault Ste. Marie. Hope he gets a good chance to put it together in Dallas.

Tuk Tuk is offline   Reply With Quote