HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official Loui Eriksson thread (aka the official Tyler Seguin thread)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2013, 05:56 PM
  #226
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,524
vCash: 500
I completely agree with the fan mindset that there must be a winner in a trade.

Trades are meant to benefit both teams by giving each something they want.

I think it is too soon to decide this trade was a bust or a boon.

I don't think Eriksson has been nearly as awful as some make him out to be-I also don't think he is soft-he just isn't flashy like Seguin or a hard hitting player like Looch or Iginla. He looks to me at least to be figuring things out and inhale seen him do good things-and he sure enough isn't afraid of puck battles or the front of the net.

Seguin is absolutely playing well right now. He is getting more minutes and seems to have developed good chemistry with Benn. But if Seguin were here he would be putting up those points.

I am okay with that for now.

Over the long haul Dallas got the better player-Seguin will benefit Dallas but the Bruins didn't just get Eriksson-they also got Smith (who has fit well in the system and is filling a role the team needed on the third line), Fraser, and Morrow. Dallas also got Pevs (who I like but we all knew was likely up for trade but alone likely wouldn't have brought mush in return).

It's been a good trade for both teams and at the end of the day that's why teams make trades.

TCL40 is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 06:08 PM
  #227
vjcsmoke
Registered User
 
vjcsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Eriksson has been playing like crap compared to what his regular levels were in Dallas. That's just a fact. He's looked slow. Again, just a fact. Scoring 2 of his three by being in front of the net is great, but it's not like he's someone you want in front of the net on the regular. The only positive is that he's gotten a couple of garbage goals, and hopefully that gives him some confidence.
If he's scoring goals in front of the net, why wouldn't you want him there? Dirty goals are still goals. It sounds like you're of the opinion that 'pretty goals' count for 1.5 goals instead of 1. Give it a rest.

Goals are Goals. Remember how Jagr wouldn't do the salute after he scored one off his skate? turned out he would only score one more for the rest of the season and none in the playoffs!

Eriksson came back from the concussion and is playing better than ever. You want to harp on him for getting a bad start to the season but now you refuse to credit him for playing really well of late. Can't have it both ways. Oh but I forgot, according to you Eriksson is crap while Seguin craps pure gold every time he gets off the toilet seat.

vjcsmoke is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 06:08 PM
  #228
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,799
vCash: 500
I think Ericksson will end up playing a huge role in Boston this season. And once the playoffs roll around, let's be honest, it's safe to assume Loui will score more than 1 goal in 24 games.

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 07:09 PM
  #229
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King
 
Fossy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 8,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
That run is over 4 games, so not really sure where you are going with this one.
So that line might finally be clicking with Marchand playing better and Eriksson returning to form after his concussion? People **** their pants over _one_ game for Seguin, but won't even consider a four-game sample for our second line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Yes, I know. Four of the 12 points in that run and 6 of their plus 15 came last game. Loui with a goal and an assist, PB with an assist, and Marchand with a goal. All three guys with a plus 2 for that game. So again, that's a third of their 12 points and more than a third of the plus rating in the run that she mentioned. Get it?
So what? Does effort in a loss count for less? Oh no, this line produced 33% of their points in these four games (huge discrepancy there, eh? Should've been a fourth, not a third, clearly just a fluke!) in a game where the rest of the team didn't play well. Hang them for not scoring five goals so we could've won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
Its called being ferocious, Im not always that good at it in print... Seguin scores 4 against the Flames and its discounted, Loui gets one off the ankle and its a work of art, that was the point.
I love how you throw "the Flames" in there as if that makes it more of an achievement. The team that has let in more than twice as many goals as the Bruins so far. Nobody is discounting anything (no, not even I, the first statement of this paragraph was just a funny observation, not taking away anything from Tyler, great game for him, obviously) except you Eriksson-haters who are so keen on proving that we lost a trade that was made before a season we're 19 games into that you're clearly blind to anything positive from the guys who are actually on _our_ team (allegedly, you could just be a Toronto/Habs fan trolling or something). That's the reality of it.

Fossy21 is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 08:44 PM
  #230
qc
#TeamClode
 
qc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,634
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Stop being the defender of all things Bruins and try a little objectivity for a change, will ya?

Eriksson has been playing like crap compared to what his regular levels were in Dallas. That's just a fact. He's looked slow. Again, just a fact.
Scoring 2 of his three by being in front of the net is great, but it's not like he's someone you want in front of the net on the regular. The only positive is that he's gotten a couple of garbage goals, and hopefully that gives him some confidence.
He is no slower than he was in Dallas! There's nothing factual about your post at all! You just think he's slow because you're so used to seeing Seguin.

qc is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 07:42 AM
  #231
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
If he's scoring goals in front of the net, why wouldn't you want him there? Dirty goals are still goals. It sounds like you're of the opinion that 'pretty goals' count for 1.5 goals instead of 1. Give it a rest.

Goals are Goals. Remember how Jagr wouldn't do the salute after he scored one off his skate? turned out he would only score one more for the rest of the season and none in the playoffs!

Eriksson came back from the concussion and is playing better than ever. You want to harp on him for getting a bad start to the season but now you refuse to credit him for playing really well of late. Can't have it both ways. Oh but I forgot, according to you Eriksson is crap while Seguin craps pure gold every time he gets off the toilet seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Agreed. I thought it was his strongest game to date in a Boston uniform. Still has plenty of room for improvement, but he looked pretty good last night.
I'd say don't let your own stupidity stop you from making false statements or from putting words in other people's mouths, but I can see you're more than happy to do so...

This is what kills me about this place. You can't even be critical without so many raving fanboys getting their panties in a bunch, even if you're saying the truth. Eriksson hasn't been very good this year. He's looked better the last handful of games, but on the whole his season to date has been sub par for a player of his skill. That's not anything but reality, whether you like it or not.

In terms of him down low, if that's where he's setting up shop, that means the team is running the offense through the point. I hate how they do that, and I'd prefer Eriksson, Bergeron, and Marchand to work the cycle, since that's their strong suit. It's one thing to drive to the net regularly when the play is happening, but it's another thing entirely to set up shop down low and work the puck to the point for the shot. That's what I don't want, since that takes the puck out of their most skilled players hands.

Now in terms of Seguin, maybe you can go back and show me where I said I was against moving him? Oh that's right. I haven't. All I've said is that I don't think they got enough back in the trade. I'm not lamenting the loss of a favorite player, or crying because I want him back. Just that as their most promising young skill player, I feel that they should have gotten more back than Eriksson and a handful of prospects. Throw Erikisson's slow start in, and you have a perfect recipe for second guessing that deal.

LSCII is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 07:51 AM
  #232
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
He is no slower than he was in Dallas! There's nothing factual about your post at all! You just think he's slow because you're so used to seeing Seguin.
Ha! No, he's looked very slow to this point. I didn't expect him to be as fast as Seguin, but I didn't think he was that slow either. I may have incorrectly assumed based.

He looks like a totally different player here than he did in Dallas.



In these clips, he doesn't look nearly as slow, IMO. I get that it's highlights, but you can't say there isn't a difference in speed.

LSCII is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 08:10 AM
  #233
Bmessy
Registered User
 
Bmessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Allston, MA
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Playing in this new defensive system and his offensive numbers have gone down. Makes sense to me. As he gets comfortable hopefully he will let his skills shine.
I'm not going to be patient though. shoot the ****ing puck you creepy swede with a mustache

Bmessy is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 08:17 AM
  #234
qc
#TeamClode
 
qc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,634
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
In these clips, he doesn't look nearly as slow, IMO. I get that it's highlights, but you can't say there isn't a difference in speed.
So yesterday you say this...

Quote:
Eriksson has been playing like crap compared to what his regular levels were in Dallas. That's just a fact. He's looked slow. Again, just a fact.
And today you prove this "fact" by sharing a 2 minute youtube video of Loui Eriksson goals, some of them dating back several years (nice Brad Richards cameo!). And you follow it up with this...

Quote:
In these clips, he doesn't look nearly as slow, IMO
I'm just glad you backpedaled from stating facts to stating opinion, Felgy.

qc is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 08:24 AM
  #235
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
So yesterday you say this...



And today you prove this "fact" by sharing a 2 minute youtube video of Loui Eriksson goals, some of them dating back several years (nice Brad Richards cameo!). And you follow it up with this...



I'm just glad you backpedaled from stating facts to stating opinion, Felgy.
I'm going to try and make this simple for you. Everything I say is a fact. Everything you say is wrong. Keep that in mind, and we'll get along just fine...

Now, the highlights I posted show a dynamic player who moves well without the puck and also has the ability to skate in transition and turn his defense into offense. Does that look like the guy we've seen so far? Serious question for you. In terms of the passing of time, yes, there are some highlights from earlier in his career, but where the guy is only 28, it's not like he should be losing a step already. If anything, he should be entering his prime. So based on what I've seen from Loui in the past, I expect more than what he's delivered so far. The great thing is that he's only going to get better in Boston because he's played so far below what he's capable of.

LSCII is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 08:24 AM
  #236
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 14,667
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=QC;74598357]So yesterday you say this...



And today you prove this "fact" by sharing a 2 minute youtube video of Loui Eriksson goals, some of them dating back several years (nice Brad Richards cameo!). And you follow it up with this...



I'm just glad you backpedaled from stating facts to stating opinion

Ouch!

BNHL is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 08:31 AM
  #237
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I'm going to try and make this simple for you. Everything I say is a fact. Everything you say is wrong. Keep that in mind, and we'll get along just fine...

Now, the highlights I posted show a dynamic player who moves well without the puck and also has the ability to skate in transition and turn his defense into offense. Does that look like the guy we've seen so far? Serious question for you. In terms of the passing of time, yes, there are some highlights from earlier in his career, but where the guy is only 28, it's not like he should be losing a step already. If anything, he should be entering his prime. So based on what I've seen from Loui in the past, I expect more than what he's delivered so far. The great thing is that he's only going to get better in Boston because he's played so far below what he's capable of.

So in what, 4 years of clips that were compiled together and a bunch of odd man rushes, shootouts, and breakaways, he looks dynamic, but in the first 14 games of playing in a completely different system he looks a step slow? I'm...stunned really.

But to be honest, when you ignore the breakaways, etc. The one that thing actually stood out was something he's already doing here, he seems to really want to be in the net front area.

For those saying he needs to shoot more, he's already generating more SOG than his career rate. His shooting % is just a tick under what it would normally be, and he's on a pace for just under 24 goals per 82, and this after a slow start. We're already seeing it, but this line is going to be fantastic. The top 2 lines are not the ones we should be worried about at this point.

MTaylorJ1 is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
  #238
Sea Bass Neely
Registered User
 
Sea Bass Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Or like Pominville. Or like Moulson. Or Brouwer. I could go on.

Bourque never scored goals in the A the way Fraser has either, not even close.

Like I said, it doesn't translate into guaranteed NHL success, I was just questioning the parrots out there (which you are apparently one of) who just automatically say "so did Bourque! So did Bochenski!" when presented with Fraser's very impressive AHL numbers.

People around here seem to equate AHL dominance with sure-fire NHL failure, which I guess at this point I shouldn't be surprised by.
Of course AHL success doesn't guarantee NHL success. Guys who rack up BOTH goals AND (perhaps even more importantly) assists are more likely to make an impact at the NHL level.

This is why Ryan Spooner -- a quick playmaker who can also score but gets a lot of assists -- is held in higher regard than guys like Fraser... or Nick Johnson for that matter.

I can't wait for the B's FO to give Spooner a closer look... he is really fun to watch in Providence and as Soderberg and Smith continue getting comfortable in the NHL (and the Bruins' system) i think we might see Spoons center the 3rd line soon.

Kelly is a solid all-around player but he is not good for helping his linemates generate offense. Spooner is the opposite... but if any defensive liabilities become too glaring he can always be sent down. Not like it has to be permanent.

Back to the original point you make. LSC is talking as if a player lighting the lamp consistently with goals at the AHL level somehow automatically precludes the said player from having a future in the NHL. This is a ridiculous notion.

Of course there are plenty of precedents to back up his assertion... but every player should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Using the king of logic that LSC is employing here, i suppose our top prospects should be guys who cannot score in the AHL with any regularity??

That makes no sense.

If a guy can't develop a knack for scoring in the AHL, all it does is make him (on paper, anyhow) a lower-end prospect than those who CAN light-up the AHL.

This ^^^ is not tantamount to claiming that AHL scoring success will translate to consistent scoring in the NHL. But how can a player who cannot score in Providence have BETTER chance of scoring at the NHL level than other players in Providence who have proven they can score regularly in the AHL??

Prolific AHL goal-scorers don't pan out in the NHL all the time, yes. But players who CAN'T score in the AHL are not any more likely to pan out in the NHL... to be sure.

It's not rocket science here. AHL success can only mean a higher chance of NHL success somewhere down the road. Thinking otherwise is just silly.

Sea Bass Neely is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 09:46 AM
  #239
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Alexandre Giroux says hi. Scored 50 goals in the A to lead it back in 2010, has all of 6 NHL goals. Cory Conacher says hi too. Colin McDonald as well. Jason Krog too. I could go on, but why bother? See for yourself. The majority of guys who have lead the A in scoring don't amount to jack in the NHL. AHL goals DO NOT TRANSLATE to NHL scoring ability.

Go in and sort it all you want and you'll see:

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

So feel free to bring up Fraser as if he's a legit prospect. I for one will expect next to nothing, since that's the track record in the NHL for prolific AHL scorers.
Like I said- there are plenty of Bochenskis, and it's easy to flag players like him, Bourque, Giroux, etc. Of course you're just flat out ignoring guys like Tyler Johnson who led the league last year and is a solid contributor for TB this year. Glossed over Kyle Palmieri, Atkinson, etc. I already mentioned Pominville, Moulson, and Brouwer.

There are dozens of other examples, and if in your insufferable whinging you want to just write Fraser off than go for it. I for one am intrigued by a 23 year old with 80 goals over his last 150 AHL games. People said the same thing about Smith when he was included in the trade. He was compared to Christian Hansen and other AHL lifers by some. We've seen how that's worked out.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 09:50 AM
  #240
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Bass Neely View Post
Back to the original point you make. LSC is talking as if a player lighting the lamp consistently with goals at the AHL level somehow automatically precludes the said player from having a future in the NHL. This is a ridiculous notion.

Of course there are plenty of precedents to back up his assertion... but every player should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Using the king of logic that LSC is employing here, i suppose our top prospects should be guys who cannot score in the AHL with any regularity??

That makes no sense.

It's not rocket science here. AHL success can only mean a higher chance of NHL success somewhere down the road. Thinking otherwise is just silly.
Exactly! It seems some people would be more excited by Fraser's NHL prospects if he were playing poorly in the A.

I am definitely not saying he's a sure fire NHL guy down the road, just that he's scoring a boatload of goals consistently and is still young. I'm cautiously optimistic he'll contribute positively on the parent club at some point.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 09:57 AM
  #241
Camille the Eel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Back to basics:

Seguin is one of the most talented young players in Hockey. Period. With his youth, who knows what he's got in front of him. For the Bruins to move him, they had to have issues about his personality, the locker room, off ice behavior, what he was going to cost them . . . something. On pure talent and potential, moving him made not sense at all.

Forgetting about youth, there was no way they could ever get back for him what he was worth, unless the trade was for another outstanding young star.

They got Erickson. A good, solid, journeyman player. No one ever thought he was the second coming of Bobby or Dennis Hull, or Yvan Cournoyer, or Frank Mahovolich (for you other old timers). But Seguin has the potential to be in that class.

Camille the Eel is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 09:58 AM
  #242
Sea Bass Neely
Registered User
 
Sea Bass Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Exactly! It seems some people would be more excited by Fraser's NHL prospects if he were playing poorly in the A.

I am definitely not saying he's a sure fire NHL guy down the road, just that he's scoring a boatload of goals consistently and is still young. I'm cautiously optimistic he'll contribute positively on the parent club at some point.
I suppose Fraser might be ready for a potential call-up to the big leagues... it's just that the B's scouts are waiting for his scoring output to decline before they get their hopes too high

Sea Bass Neely is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:14 AM
  #243
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
Playing in this new defensive system and his offensive numbers have gone down. Makes sense to me. As he gets comfortable hopefully he will let his skills shine.
I'm not going to be patient though. shoot the ****ing puck you creepy swede with a mustache
Is this supposed to be facetious? Sorry I have trouble sometimes without emoticons. Because maybe the Bruins and the NHL aren't doing as good a job as they could publicizing the "Movember" effort?

(Loui's effort is stellar, but I contributed to Krejci, just because. )

Artemis is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:16 AM
  #244
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Like I said- there are plenty of Bochenskis, and it's easy to flag players like him, Bourque, Giroux, etc. Of course you're just flat out ignoring guys like Tyler Johnson who led the league last year and is a solid contributor for TB this year. Glossed over Kyle Palmieri, Atkinson, etc. I already mentioned Pominville, Moulson, and Brouwer.

There are dozens of other examples, and if in your insufferable whinging you want to just write Fraser off than go for it. I for one am intrigued by a 23 year old with 80 goals over his last 150 AHL games. People said the same thing about Smith when he was included in the trade. He was compared to Christian Hansen and other AHL lifers by some. We've seen how that's worked out.
So wait, by me giving you the entire list of guys who you can sort through, I'm the guy cherry picking?? Makes complete sense coming from you. Funny how you throw out specific cases that support your view, yet dismiss the vast majority of data. It makes sense you'd do that though, because it blows up your anecdotal evidence.

You also seem to think that I'm dismissing Fraser as a possible player for the Bruins in the next couple of years. I'm not, really. In fact I'm sure he'll see some time sooner rather than later. It's just that when he does come up, I won't be expecting him to light the lamp at the pace he's doing now. I'm not saying he won't be serviceable player either, I'm saying he won't be an elite offensive presence which is what some people here seem to think he's going to be. Even if he becomes a serviceable bottom 6 guy, it doesn't make the trade any more palatable to me because you don't first line talent for bottom 6 guys, even if it's a number of them. It's the whole quantity over quality argument, which I generally do not agree with.

Is that really a stretch to say though, based on the history of how scoring there doesn't translate very often? But sure, you can feel free to dismiss my opinion, because you know, it's what you do.


Last edited by LSCII: 11-18-2013 at 10:26 AM.
LSCII is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:30 AM
  #245
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Seguin was the best asset in the trade even at a lowest point of value in his career. Timing was bad, even if they were fed up with his professionalism (or whatever it was that caused them to sour on him).

The Bruins won't win this trade when it's looked back on 10 years from now. I just hope they have another Cup to show for it.

Eriksson is doing all of the things that Seguin didn't. Like going to the net at every opportunity, winning wall battles, and playing consistently sound defensively in all three zones. Solid all around top-6 player. I'd be lying if I said this team didn't miss Seguin quick strike offense though. He's on another level when it comes to pure talent and ability (which is what we're seeing shine in Dallas).

BadBruins is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:30 AM
  #246
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,008
vCash: 500
What really makes me laugh is that you can't be honest with your evaluations here on any new guy, since they're the shiny new toy. But if you want to dump on a guy who's been here, even if they've got a track record of performing, then feel free. Unless of course that player is Rask, Bergeron, or Krejci that is...

LSCII is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:32 AM
  #247
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
So wait, by me giving you the entire list of guys who you can sort through, I'm the guy cherry picking?? Makes complete sense coming from you. Funny how you throw out specific cases that support your view, yet dismiss the vast majority of data. It makes sense you'd do that though, because it blows up your anecdotal evidence.

You also seem to think that I'm dismissing Fraser as a possible player for the Bruins in the next couple of years. I'm not. In fact I'm sure he'll see some time sooner rather than later. It's just that when he does come up, I won't be expecting him to light the lamp at the pace he's doing now. I'm not saying he won't be serviceable player either, I'm saying he won't be an elite offensive presence which is what some people here seem to think he's going to be. Even if he becomes a serviceable bottom 6 guy, it doesn't make the trade any more palatable to me because you don't first line talent for bottom 6 guys, even if it's a number of them. It's the whole quantity over quality argument, which I generally do not agree with.

Is that really a stretch to say though, based on the history of how scoring there doesn't translate very often? But sure, you can feel free to dismiss my opinion, because you know, it's what you do.
No one is expecting him to score in the NHL like he is in the AHL. Not once has that been said, or even close to said. I've repeatedly acknowledged there are guys who score in the A and don't make it to the show. Just like I've acknowledged there are guys who score in the A and then transition into good (top 6) NHL players. I'm hopeful Fraser will be in the latter group, and optimistic he will be given what he's done at this point at the age of 23. I know, the horror.

This reminds me of how you lambasted anyone who was excited about how Soderberg might pan out. If anyone said the word Soderberg in a post you immediately were in there making fun of them. You want your opinions taken seriously, don't act like a troll.

I have nothing more to say on it. Continue with your whining and smiley faces. Good stuff!!


Last edited by BoyntBergie: 11-18-2013 at 10:46 AM.
BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:48 AM
  #248
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
No one is expecting him to score in the NHL like he is in the AHL. Not once has that been said, or even close to said. I've repeatedly acknowledged there are guys who score in the A and don't make it to the show. Just like I've acknowledged there are guys who score in the A and then transition into good (top 6) NHL players. I'm hopeful Fraser will be in the former group, and optimistic he will be given what he's done at this point at the age of 23. I know, the horror.

I have nothing more to say on it. Continue with your whining and smiley faces. Good stuff!!
Then why bring up his 37 goals a couple of years ago, or his 80 career total of AHL goals? If you think he's a decent prospect, why not just say that instead of qualifying his level of being a prospect by couching it with his goal totals? I can honestly say that I think Ryan Spooner is a very good prospect, but I couldn't tell you how many goals or assists he's put up in the AHL, nor do I care.


Oh yeah, I nearly forgot....



LSCII is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 11:17 AM
  #249
Bmessy
Registered User
 
Bmessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Allston, MA
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Is this supposed to be facetious? Sorry I have trouble sometimes without emoticons. Because maybe the Bruins and the NHL aren't doing as good a job as they could publicizing the "Movember" effort?

(Loui's effort is stellar, but I contributed to Krejci, just because. )
Yeah, I'm pretty much not serious. But I just think he looks funny with one

Bmessy is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 11:25 AM
  #250
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King
 
Fossy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 8,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille the Eel View Post
They got Erickson. A good, solid, journeyman player. No one ever thought he was the second coming of Bobby or Dennis Hull, or Yvan Cournoyer, or Frank Mahovolich (for you other old timers). But Seguin has the potential to be in that class.
How is he a journeyman, when he's only played for one club in Sweden and now two in the NHL (plus one in the AHL, obviously) in the last 13 years?^

Edit: My bad, apparently journeyman in sports means something completely different in America.

Fossy21 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.