HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaromir Jagr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2013, 08:31 PM
  #1
gillesgilbert
Registered User
 
gillesgilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cape Breton
Posts: 5,639
vCash: 500
Jaromir Jagr

I just looked at the Devils stats and can't believe how well Jagr is doing. I hear that he has lost weight. Would anybody be interested in seeing the Bruins require Jagr at the deadline?

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:40 PM
  #2
gillesgilbert
Registered User
 
gillesgilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cape Breton
Posts: 5,639
vCash: 500
What if we drop Kelly to the 4th line,sit Thornton.A line of Soderberg, Jagr and Smith might be effective.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:50 PM
  #3
Mainehockey33
HF Boards Founder
 
Mainehockey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Maine
Country: Scotland
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
I'd call up Spooner way before I trade for Jagr or Ryder.

Mainehockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:57 PM
  #4
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
I'd call up Spooner way before I trade for Jagr or Ryder.
This

Bit surprising he's flourishing in NJ, but please. See ya.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:02 PM
  #5
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star
 
William Faulkner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,360
vCash: 500
Love Jagr but no.

__________________
The past is never dead. It's not even past.
William Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:15 PM
  #6
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangly One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
Only if the price was very cheap. Like future considerations and nJ pays all his salary

The Dangly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:23 PM
  #7
BrainOfJ
Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wherever Griffith is
Country: United States
Posts: 20,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Only if the price was very cheap. Like future considerations and nJ pays all his salary
and keeps him in one of their lines.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:36 PM
  #8
JoeIsAStud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,904
vCash: 500
Old man river, that old man river. he just keeps rolling


Never mind. Good lord no. No, not even close. It's nice he can put some regular season points up, but no.

A puck hog who skates at a glacial pace

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:53 PM
  #9
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,601
vCash: 500
i think alot bruins players were happy to see him not back.

DarrenBanks56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
  #10
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,580
vCash: 500
Nope if they trade I would rather see them trade for speed.

But they could probably just call Spooner up for free.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:30 PM
  #11
Hali33
Registered User
 
Hali33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Donaghy View Post
Love Jagr but no.
This. Probably a great guy in the locker room and is a good role model for work ethic but no. Jagr is a great player who just did not flow with this team.

Hali33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:54 PM
  #12
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete
 
KaptainKrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 8,953
vCash: 50
No I wouldn't want him back IMO he doesn't seem to fit the Bruins style of Hockey.

That said, gotta say I love seeing Jagr still playing. Makes me feel young still since I was 5 months old when he played his first game haha.

KaptainKrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:07 PM
  #13
Cid
Registered User
 
Cid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
I just looked at the Devils stats and can't believe how well Jagr is doing. I hear that he has lost weight. Would anybody be interested in seeing the Bruins require Jagr at the deadline?
Jarg doing great! Seguin doing great!

Further proof that offensively gifted superstars have no business or place being on a Claude Julien coached team.

To be a Bruin you have to play both ends of the ice and understand that you will be limited in your role here with what you can do offensively. It's what makes ordinary players into a great team. And to give CJ his credit, it's worked here. It also really puts a damper on the talent and ability of naturally gifted goal scorers, as we can clearly see by last years playoffs vs this year's regular season for Jags and Segs.

Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:39 PM
  #14
Rancid McGoiter
Still metal.
 
Rancid McGoiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rancid McGoiter
Boston isn't the right place for guys like Jagr. There was clearly a little left in the tank at the end of last season, but it wasn't the right fit.

When great players become humble and respectable, they're easier to like, and I actually became a fan of his during his time in Boston, after years of hating him.

I'm glad he's doing well.

Rancid McGoiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:45 PM
  #15
CDJ
Registered User
 
CDJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 16,904
vCash: 500
There's nothing wrong with him, he just simply doesn't fit here style-wise.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:23 AM
  #16
takanoyama
Registered User
 
takanoyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
As Jagr big fan I hope no way can bring him to Boston one more time. Play-off was not the best play from him, but he shows us now how he is flexible and devoted to hockey (he lost his weight and is better moving now what he really needed). And what is the biggest change - he gets almost no goals and plays defence. he has +9 in NJD and leads the team (the best in Boston is +10) - not points but this is unbelievable.

I donīt want to spam on Bostonīs page when Jagr is gone so I welcome this opportunity to write next: I am very disappointed by the atmosphere in Boston against Jagr. I have read many times how his linemates HATED to play with him and I must say I had that feeling from watching 63. If 37 was the same he was professional enough to keep his countenance on the ice and has still my full respect. 63 looked like that his most important task is not to win SC but first to ignore Jagr on the ice and than try to win SC. Boston was my favourite team and I liked 63 during the succesfull play-off couple years ago. Last year he showed us that he is not the MAN he looked like. He can make things against the good of his team only because he hates someone in the roster and that all in the play-off. Sorry, if you think that it is excusable (Jagr was terrible after all etc.), I understand that 63 is more than 68 for you, but for me is that unacceptable.

Jagr didnīt want to go to Boston last year but he made his best in it (sad that his best was not good enough in the playoffs). Boston chapter is closed, Lou Lamoriello will never trade him without asking him. Enjoy 12 and I wish all best to 21 - he will need it.


Last edited by takanoyama: 11-18-2013 at 03:35 AM.
takanoyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:46 AM
  #17
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Austin TX
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
I just looked at the Devils stats and can't believe how well Jagr is doing. I hear that he has lost weight. Would anybody be interested in seeing the Bruins require Jagr at the deadline?
He's doing fine 20 games in but buying him from game 60 on would be an absolute mistake. No point wasting any assets on a player whose play will likely diminish when we'll need the player to contribute most.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 04:52 AM
  #18
Wounded
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
As Jagr big fan I hope no way can bring him to Boston one more time. Play-off was not the best play from him, but he shows us now how he is flexible and devoted to hockey (he lost his weight and is better moving now what he really needed). And what is the biggest change - he gets almost no goals and plays defence. he has +9 in NJD and leads the team (the best in Boston is +10) - not points but this is unbelievable.

I donīt want to spam on Bostonīs page when Jagr is gone so I welcome this opportunity to write next: I am very disappointed by the atmosphere in Boston against Jagr. I have read many times how his linemates HATED to play with him and I must say I had that feeling from watching 63. If 37 was the same he was professional enough to keep his countenance on the ice and has still my full respect. 63 looked like that his most important task is not to win SC but first to ignore Jagr on the ice and than try to win SC. Boston was my favourite team and I liked 63 during the succesfull play-off couple years ago. Last year he showed us that he is not the MAN he looked like. He can make things against the good of his team only because he hates someone in the roster and that all in the play-off. Sorry, if you think that it is excusable (Jagr was terrible after all etc.), I understand that 63 is more than 68 for you, but for me is that unacceptable.

Jagr didnīt want to go to Boston last year but he made his best in it (sad that his best was not good enough in the playoffs). Boston chapter is closed, Lou Lamoriello will never trade him without asking him. Enjoy 12 and I wish all best to 21 - he will need it.
Exactly. I am also happy Jagr is out of Boston. It must have been terrible to play with Marchand. I really hated Marchand's selfish play and losing almost every puck in the offensive zone.

Jagr was the best Boston player in his first 9 games playing in the 3rd line (he also scored 2 GWG and was best at points) and it was a shame that the flue stopped him. After his recovery, he was pretty bad in the first 2 games in Toronto series. Then he improved a lot but never got back confidence as he was not able to score. Boston had problem with fist line during the Toronto series, because Marchand was was just unable to do anything right and Seguin was not productive (while skating well). So coach switched Seguin and Jagr and first line started to click even with Marchand remaining to be a liability as he was unable to make a simple pass. Jagr was snake-bitten during the play-off and had really bad luck (he had 6 or 7 goal posts), but he was able to create many great assists and prepared a lot of good scoring chances for his linemates. The good thing is, that now he's in the team which is perfect for his style. He is much faster now and it seems the Bergeron (what a great player Bergeron is compared to Marchand!) lessons helped him a lot, because he's almost a 2-way player now. His number in the Devils team are incredible considering the fact, how few goals they score (he has 16 points, the second best attacker only 7) and the +/- stats are just awesome...he has +9 (there are players with -7 and -9 in the team) while New Jersey goal difference is
-7 and he spends most of the time in the offensive zone. He has much better ES numbers than Kovalchuk had last season.

Wounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 05:18 AM
  #19
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,594
vCash: 500
A. No thanks to Jagr. Not basing it on anything factual or in evidence, rather a hunch and a conversation with a friend, but I have a suspicion he wasn't exactly a locker-room staple.

2. Looks like Marchand is the whipping boy of choice among a very specific segment of the HF population.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 05:42 AM
  #20
takanoyama
Registered User
 
takanoyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Marshmont View Post
A. No thanks to Jagr. Not basing it on anything factual or in evidence, rather a hunch and a conversation with a friend, but I have a suspicion he wasn't exactly a locker-room staple.

2. Looks like Marchand is the whipping boy of choice among a very specific segment of the HF population.
Can you specify, please. I liked Marchand but I donīt think that criticism is whipping. And Boston fans wrote that he hated to play with Jagr. I think that only very specific group of players can HATE playing with a teammate and ignore him on the ice during the SC hunt - I am sure you will not choose them if you need the real locker-room staple.

Itīs not over, yet.....

takanoyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 05:51 AM
  #21
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
Can you specify, please. I liked Marchand but I donīt think that criticism is whipping. And Boston fans wrote that he hated to play with Jagr. I think that only very specific group of players can HATE playing with a teammate and ignore him on the ice during the SC hunt - I am sure you will not choose them if you need the real locker-room staple.

Itīs not over, yet.....
1. I would not put any credence into any statement about what Boston "fans" viewed as the relationship between Jagr and Marchand (and Bergeron, by extension). We as fans see virtually nothing into the relationship of how these guys work together. If it was another Bruin who alluded to that kind of relationship or a trusted media source who inferred it based on sources within the locker room, that's one thing. Relying on us fans for any concrete information into locker room and on-ice dynamics is an absolute exercise in futility. All we do is speculate with little to no basis in reality when it comes to those things.

2. If Marchand not producing = "ignoring" his teammates on the ice = has a negative relationship with his teammates....then he's ignoring EVERYONE this year, because he's had a crappy start to his season.

I don't think you can look at Marchand's lack of production on the ice during the Cup run last year and blame it on a manufactured dislike of Jagr. That kind of speculation is better left for the Hollywood gossip columns.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:08 AM
  #22
takanoyama
Registered User
 
takanoyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Marshmont View Post
1. I would not put any credence into any statement about what Boston "fans" viewed as the relationship between Jagr and Marchand (and Bergeron, by extension). We as fans see virtually nothing into the relationship of how these guys work together. If it was another Bruin who alluded to that kind of relationship or a trusted media source who inferred it based on sources within the locker room, that's one thing. Relying on us fans for any concrete information into locker room and on-ice dynamics is an absolute exercise in futility. All we do is speculate with little to no basis in reality when it comes to those things.

2. If Marchand not producing = "ignoring" his teammates on the ice = has a negative relationship with his teammates....then he's ignoring EVERYONE this year, because he's had a crappy start to his season.

I don't think you can look at Marchand's lack of production on the ice during the Cup run last year and blame it on a manufactured dislike of Jagr. That kind of speculation is better left for the Hollywood gossip columns.

For example DKH wrote in Jarome Iginla thread:

Jagr never bought in and Marchand and Bergeron hated playing with him (fact not opinion)

I waited for more but it didnīt come. I was glad to read it because it confirmed my feeling about Marchand which I defended to believe. I had nothing against him till playoff and I still have nothing against Bergeron because I donīt know the whole true and he played his best IMO.

I cannot criticize the whole play of Marchand. He made some huge decisive passes to Bergeron and goals exspecially against the Pens. It is not about that he was bad player.

Maybe he was angry, that Jagr compared Bergeron with Francis.


Last edited by takanoyama: 11-18-2013 at 07:18 AM.
takanoyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 07:58 AM
  #23
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Marshmont View Post
2. Looks like Marchand is the whipping boy of choice among a very specific segment of the HF population.
Well, someone has to be the whipping boy...

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 08:03 AM
  #24
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,192
vCash: 500
The whole 'Bergeron and Marchand hated Jagr' rumor has been floating around on and off for a couple of months. The fact that it gained zero real traction on the boards makes me think it's more fiction than most rumors and the typical "X is out of Boston because he stinks" Boston fan reaction to someone leaving.
I've thought Marchand picked up a few of Jagr's moves and the rumors where up till September than Jagr was well liked in the locker room and changed his game for the team....
But yeah, he wasn't a good fit.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 08:11 AM
  #25
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 20,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
For example DKH wrote in Jarome Iginla thread:

Jagr never bought in and Marchand and Bergeron hated playing with him (fact not opinion)

I waited for more but it didnīt come. I was glad to read it because it confirmed my feeling about Marchand which I defended to believe. I had nothing against him till playoff and I still have nothing against Bergeron because I donīt know the whole true and he played his best IMO.

I cannot criticize the whole play of Marchand. He made some huge decisive passes to Bergeron and goals exspecially against the Pens. It is not about that he was bad player.

Maybe he was angry, that Jagr compared Bergeron with Francis.
One comment from a poster on HF boards tranlates into reading "many times that his teammates hated playing with him"?

Due respect to DHK, but he doesn't play for the Bruins. All of us at times express frustration with a sibling, a friend, a co-worker. An expression of frustration doesn't have to mean "hate." And frankly I can understand frustration with a new co-worker who has an entirely different style, and is loathe to change it.

As for getting Jagr back at the deadline, that is months and months away. Jagr was playing great for Dallas last fall too. I have no idea how he's going to look in March, but the Bruins have been there, done that. We'll see what their needs are, and if they can fill them from within.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2017 All Rights Reserved.