HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Oilers Moderate Swap

Old
11-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Do not want Gagner.

Igy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Delicious Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
I don't see how picking up another 5-6 defenceman, another injury prone winter winger only to gut our center position even further helps the Oilers..

I guess there is that 1st round pick.
Injury prone? Kulemin is not injury prone... He has played in 91% of his possible games since he came into the NHL.

Delicious Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Yuck. What a terrible proposal. But not surprising. Gagner is once again being hyped up to look like a #1 centre. What a joke. We do NOT want Gagner.

Quote:
Gagner would go from garbage to the #1 center in the league as soon as he got traded.
He's not even a number one centre on the second worst team in the league. He would only be a number one centre for one game before Kadri jumps over him on the depth chart.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Easy yes from EDM ...

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:09 PM
veedubn1

Do not want Gagner.

I like that he's a distributor and he competes but I don't like anything else about his game.

Face offs, back checking, undersized = the three main reasons he would hurt Toronto more than help.

Scoring goals isn't an issue for Toronto.. it's defense and puck possession, areas where Gagner doesn't excel.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:43 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
ZERO want or need for Gagner.
same can be said for little Linus

the best part of the deal though is throwing in the 1st rounder even it out.......

therealkoho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Jesus View Post

Cody Franson
Nikolai Kulemin
1st round pick 2014

Sam Gagner
Linus Omark
Alright at this point Omark holds little or no value what so ever. Even less to TOR seeing how we can't put him in a role he would need.... As for Gagner we have one them already and his name is Tyler Bozak. We don't need a second. This really does not address ANY of our needs.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:33 PM
firstemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Oiler fan here . Omark has 0 value . Gagner does not get you those 3 pieces . While i think Gagner goes underrated on HF there no way you can expect those 2 players and the TML 1st .

I think Gagner is a good fit for the TML . I think Gardiner would be ok with a small plus on the Leafs side .
We don't want Gagner, there's no need for him. He hardly surplants Bozak let alone at the cost of the assets required to get him. Also, cap issues with impending FA's we have + redundancy with him and Kadri (Bozak at least provides a 2-way dynamic that compliments Kadri better).

We simply don't want Gagner, let alone wish to give assets for him. As I mentioned before, Leafs realistically only want one of the big 4 (save Eberle) and/or 1st rounder 2014. However unrealistic it is or not, we're really not interested in anything else.

No Leaf fan in their right mind would trade Gardiner straight up for Gagner, let alone add.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Dangles View Post
Injury prone? Kulemin is not injury prone... He has played in 91% of his possible games since he came into the NHL.
I guess I got caught up in the non factual ridiculous posts I read beforehand, sorry.

Bad trade for both teams IMO. Overpayment from the Leafs that doesn't help them much while still not solving ANY of Edmonton's problems.

Macslow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:18 PM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Terrible proposal, but thats stretching it. Gagner is the most valuable asset in that deal IMO. Imagine him centering Kessel & JVR instead of say Bozak.

Lol so did I.
Okay, I'm imagining it now...

And what I see is no faces being won and one of the worst defensive lines in the league.

Pass.

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Boyce

Replace Gagner with Yakupov

Boyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
I guess I got caught up in the non factual ridiculous posts I read beforehand, sorry.

Bad trade for both teams IMO. Overpayment from the Leafs that doesn't help them much while still not solving ANY of Edmonton's problems.
What are the Oilers problems? Will you please elaborate them?

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleafs Fan View Post
A legit #1 or #2 defenceman for starters. And by this I don't mean "he's our 5th/6th dman but would be #1 on the Oilers". We need an actual top 10 or 20 in the league minimum. A skilled 2nd/3rd line center with size would also be high on the list in my opinion. Goal tending will hopefully be better with Dubnyk having a fire lit under his butt and Bryzgalov....But we'll see.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
Quote:
replace KLowe

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
A legit #1 or #2 defenceman for starters. And by this I don't mean "he's our 5th/6th dman but would be #1 on the Oilers". We need an actual top 10 or 20 in the league minimum. A skilled 2nd/3rd line center with size would also be high on the list in my opinion. Goal tending will hopefully be better with Dubnyk having a fire lit under his butt and Bryzgalov....But we'll see.
You're wrong. Your problem is MacT. He is a type of person as he stated himself to be when he joined. Burke did it for Calgary once again. You guys ended up trading your best defenseman.

I will ask you once more what other problems are you guys facing? There are tons of em and not few.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Maplelaughs97
The Kids Are Alright

Easy Easy pass from Toronto.

Maplelaughs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
You're wrong. Your problem is MacT. He is a type of person as he stated himself to be when he joined. Burke did it for Calgary once again. You guys ended up trading your best defenseman.

I will ask you once more what other problems are you guys facing? There are tons of em and not few.
You seem to know more about the Oilers than I do. MacT isn't the problem, its Klowe. You'd know that if you had the slightest idea about the Oilers. Maybe I should be telling you all about the Leafs problems since I watch them 24/7 like the Oilers....

After all that I would agree however that MacT is a type of person.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
You seem to know more about the Oilers than I do. MacT isn't the problem, its Klowe. You'd know that if you had the slightest idea about the Oilers. Maybe I should be telling you all about the Leafs problems since I watch them 24/7 like the Oilers....

After all that I would agree however that MacT is a type of person.
What are leafs problems aside from injuries? Klowe is a one damn problem but if you don't agree that you want a stable GM it would be even worse. You can't rely on a guy with a "I'll take my job with storm" personality. Especially when you're building. Sample size example is Smid trade.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:18 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
And Gagner is better than all of them.

Imagine.

Gagner
Kadri
Bozak
McClement

Down the middle.
I think i puked in my mouth

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
What are leafs problems aside from injuries? Klowe is a one damn problem but if you don't agree that you want a stable GM it would be even worse. You can't rely on a guy with a "I'll take my job with storm" personality. Especially when you're building. Sample size example is Smid trade.
Small sample size is small sample size. Perron has worked out just great for us and we won that trade by a country mile.... Name a GM that has never made a bad trade and been at it for any length of time? Go ahead.....

Old
11-17-2013, 10:00 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
And Gagner is better than all of them.

Imagine.

Gagner
Kadri
Bozak
McClement

Down the middle.
Kadri is better the Gagner...

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
Small sample size is small sample size. Perron has worked out just great for us and we won that trade by a country mile.... Name a GM that has never made a bad trade and been at it for any length of time? Go ahead.....
Paajarvi may be a late bloomer like JVR did for us. It's not a win until he reaches 25. St. Louis is a team where they have a very good depth at everything. I am not sure about it though I never liked or followed either one.

EDIT: Don't forget that if you end up at the bottom it may be a 30th overall next year which in my opinion won't be that bad a deal.

Old
11-17-2013, 10:32 PM
seanlinden

Honestly... if you really think about it, there isn't a single piece on Edmonton which Toronto would be genuinely interested in trading for.

Edmonton's strength is on the wing, as is Toronto's. The Leafs need a stay-at-home defenceman who can log bigger minutes than Fraser, and Edmonton doesn't have one. Even if one of Edmonton's wingers were available, with Kessel, JvR, Lupul and Clarkson all under big contracts, we wouldn't tradefor one.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:02 AM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Toronto gets fleeced badly. LOL

No way from T.O

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:31 AM
kihei

vCash: 4651
I wouldn't go anywhere near Gagner, who seems off to a horrendous start offensively and defensively, at the wishful-thinking prices being bandied about on this thread.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote