HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings at New York Rangers 11-17-13

Old
11-17-2013, 09:52 PM
bmoak

vCash: 500
Man, did Slats get hosed in the Gaborik trade. Brassard, Moore, and Dorsett are garbage.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
🍣🍣🍣🍣🍣

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
One word. Canucks. Free laughs for all.

I have to disagree with you here... we are a defense first team. Boring is what we do. gritty, heavy hitting, but boring, boring offensive play.
True.

The one that always drops by here is cool, though.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Man, did Slats get hosed in the Gaborik trade. Brassard, Moore, and Dorsett are garbage.
Gaborik is injured right now.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:56 PM
SnowblindNYR

Just so upset, I guess you're going to outplay the other team every game, Chicago just got blown out by Nashville. Still I got used to being the better team every game and was damn proud of it. Looked like a ****ing Torts team. Couldn't pass or get any chances. Really frustrating. How are we going to play against Boston who plays a similar game?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This is the exact kind of garbage game that I'd like to see less of. The Kings are too talented (granted they've been injured) to play this boring soul killing hockey.
Any sane competitor would take an ugly win over a pretty loss.

Your constant harping on a game not being pretty enough for you is tiresome, ignorant, and your unrealistic standards for play are likely the main reason you'll turn on yet another coach before too long.

Not to mention this was the Kings' last game of a cross country road trip. We apparently use that as an excuse to get blown out of arenas while the Kings grind out a win.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:00 PM
eco's bones

Lundqvist played very well. Shots deflected into your net by your own defenseman's skate from right in front of the net--well that can happen to anyone.

Personally Scrivens did not look that good the first 10 minutes of the game--he was flopping a lot. He settled in and after that the Rangers did not get all that many good chances--neither did the Kings. Stepan set Zucc up for a real nice opportunity and Zucc inexplicably tries to force a pass back to Stepan. Wonder whether Stepan called for it otherwise that was just a wasted opportunity and a dumb play. Dorsett later tries to force a play the same way and when you see **** like this very often you're in a for a long and frustrating night. Got to take the shot.

This was the quietest night in a long time for Hagelin and Kreider.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:01 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
One word. Canucks. Free laughs for all.

I have to disagree with you here... we are a defense first team. Boring is what we do. gritty, heavy hitting, but boring, boring offensive play.
I just got off the phone with a Rangers fan friend of mine who got into a screaming match with me for not appreciating that style of hockey. It's unreal. I appreciate the hard work, physicality, and good defensive play. I don't appreciate that I wanted to kill myself watching this game. There was no flow at all. It's possible to play well defensively and not kill the flow of the game. I know the Kings (nor the Rangers) don't have the skill of the Sharks, but I remember completely being in awe of the Sharks early in the year 9-2. Great defense, and just looked like they were fired from a cannon the whole game. All I could do was tip my hat. The Hawks are another team great offensive team that could play defense (at least last year). I love defense, but I hate when teams just kill the flow of games.

Old
11-17-2013, 10:01 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Gaborik is injured right now.
Lol what does that have anything to do with us getting the bad deal in that trade .

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:02 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Lundqvist played very well. Shots deflected into your net by your own defenseman's skate from right in front of the net--well that can happen to anyone.

Personally Scrivens did not look that good the first 10 minutes of the game--he was flopping a lot. He settled in and after that the Rangers did not get all that many good chances--neither did the Kings. Stepan set Zucc up for a real nice opportunity and Zucc inexplicably tries to force a pass back to Stepan. Wonder whether Stepan called for it otherwise that was just a wasted opportunity and a dumb play. Dorsett later tries to force a play the same way and when you see **** like this very often you're in a for a long and frustrating night. Got to take the shot.

This was the quietest night in a long time for Hagelin and Kreider.
I like the type of hockey were the rangers win

Old
11-17-2013, 10:03 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Your constant harping on a game not being pretty enough for you is tiresome, ignorant, and your unrealistic standards for play are likely the main reason you'll turn on yet another coach before too long.

Not to mention this was the Kings' last game of a cross country road trip. We apparently use that as an excuse to get blown out of arenas while the Kings grind out a win.
I've always found that hockey games increase a lot in entertainment value when your team wins no matter what the score. If there is such a thing even an ugly win can be fun and losses even encouraging ones tend to be disappointing.

Old
11-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Am I the only one who ignores posts with the word garbage in them? Talk about overreactions.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
Lol what does that have anything to do with us getting the bad deal in that trade .
Fair enough. You could argue that we shouldve traded Gaborik elsewhere. But trading him was the right choice.

I myself am still on the fence about it, but I am fine with Gabby being gone.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:05 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
I like the type of hockey were the rangers win
Don't we all?

Old
11-17-2013, 10:05 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Except we also were learning a new system. I won't mention injuries because the Kings had injuries too. But if after watching the Rangers over the last 10 games you can't figure out that this is a different team (even after today's stinker), I don't know what to tell you.

I'd take an ugly win over a pretty loss. I however don't like watching ugly teams, that 11-12 Rangers team killed hockey (so did that whole playoff with 4 boring ass teams making the conference finals). I watch hockey in large part to be entertained. Why is it ignorant? Because I disagree with you?

Old
11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I may be in the minority here, but I thought Staal was putrid tonight. Had a couple really bad giveaways and fumbled the puck on a few occasions that cost the team scoring chances.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
2 of last 3 games refs ****ed us majorly. Not even worth watching this sport until it's fixed.
Get a clue pal. The Kings are justice bigger and better than us.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:10 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Fair enough. You could argue that we shouldve traded Gaborik elsewhere. But trading him was the right choice.

I myself am still on the fence about it, but I am fine with Gabby being gone.
We had to trade gabroik for multiple reason I'm not debating that . But we didn't really get much in return back for him.

I would have liked at least our 1st back or a young skilled winger

Seems like slats wanted current NHL players so we could fill our weak roster at the time

Old
11-17-2013, 10:10 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I thought Staal was putrid tonight. Had a couple really bad giveaways and fumbled the puck on a few occasions that cost the team scoring chances.
Change staal to Girardi and I will agree

Old
11-17-2013, 10:11 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Get a clue pal. The Kings are justice bigger and better than us.
Funny, I'm sure you didn't say that when we played them last time. You're so predictable.

Old
11-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
You are not, he hasn't been himself for few games now.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:13 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Change staal to Girardi and I will agree
Girardi has looked off all year. I've been saying for a month how he doesn't fit in a defensive scheme in which a good break out pass and puck movement are very important. Say what you will about Tortorella, but he got the most out of Girardi.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:14 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
We had to trade gabroik for multiple reason I'm not debating that . But we didn't really get much in return back for him.

I would have liked at least our 1st back or a young skilled winger

Seems like slats wanted current NHL players so we could fill our weak roster at the time
Brassard had as good of a playoff as any non-Rangers goalie since I've started watching (00-01). John Moore is a promising D-man. Brassard is what he is a huge tease but as a 3rd line center you can do a lot worse. Dorsett has been a pretty good player for us when disciplined. Gaborik was terrible last year, older, and injury prone. Getting 3 decent players for him, one of which was a huge reason for a playoff series win, is a good haul.

Old
NYRSchrute217

Would have liked to see them net one tonight and to have more urgency on the power play. Passed up way too many shots when they had scoring chances. Nash coming back Tuesday or Thursday will be big but Brassard needs to get his head out of his ass too.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Gaborik has done zilch for Columbus and he's injured for a change. A beat writer stated that his speed has disappeared like water in the desert and he doesn't compete hard all the time,all things that should sound familiar about him from last year.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

vCash: 50
Did I see someone saying the refs ****ed us? lol

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote