HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeremy Morin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2013, 10:28 PM
  #1
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Jeremy Morin

Jeremy Morin is a sniper, but no room for him in Chicago. He is 22 years old and averaging a point per game in the AHL this season. He had 30G last year in the AHL and is a straight up shooter. His opportunity is now!! Morin has grit can fight and hit.


He was the 45th pick in 2009 and Chicago would want that type of return. Meaning if your second round pick is #45 overall or better in 2014 that is what it would take to get him.

1. Looking for a 31-45th 2nd round pick in 2014 or 2015.
2. Would consider a 2nd rounder & 6th or 7th rounder if the 2nd rounder is past the 45th pick.
3. Chicago needs a backup goalie. Morin would be packaged with a back up goalie in return going to Chicago.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
  #2
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Jeremy Morin is a sniper, but no room for him in Chicago. He is 22 years old and averaging a point per game in the AHL this season. He had 30G last year in the AHL and is a straight up shooter. His opportunity is now!! Morin has grit can fight and hit.


He was the 45th pick in 2009 and Chicago would want that type of return. Meaning if your second round pick is #45 overall or better in 2014 that is what it would take to get him.

1. Looking for a 31-45th 2nd round pick in 2014 or 2015.
2. Would consider a 2nd rounder & 6th or 7th rounder if the 2nd rounder is past the 45th pick.
3. Chicago needs a backup goalie. Morin would be packaged with a back up goalie in return going to Chicago.
Morin is exactly what the Habs are lacking up front. Plus a right handed shot to boot. He would be perfect even after Gionta leaves.

Habs are lacking scoring, Bergevin familiar with Chicago. Likes to build through prospects not by UFA's.

I think they could possibly hook up for a deal.

As much as I don't want to possibly move Budaj, but he is probably one of the top backups in the league. He has been solid last year and this year.

What would you want over all from the Habs. I don't think Bergevin would move his 2nd unless he made it a bigger package including another player maybe.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:39 PM
  #3
dannyj10
Registered User
 
dannyj10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Campbell,KY
Country: United States
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
What would it cost Pitt?

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:41 PM
  #4
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,729
vCash: 500
ive never seen him play but im assuming that theres something wrong with him. young snipers w/ size who can fight and have grit aren't given away for 2nd rounders

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:50 PM
  #5
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
ive never seen him play but im assuming that theres something wrong with him. young snipers w/ size who can fight and have grit aren't given away for 2nd rounders
Its a problem right now because Chicago is rich in prospects.

I think they would like to trade a prospect who isn't going to get in the lineup when the value is high.

Morin is just stuck because of how deep Chicago's lineup is. Same goes with Pirri he is just getting a full chance to finally play.

Teravainen
McNeill
Danault
Morin

Not in that order but with the depth in the AHL now, he would be pointless on the 4th line and is also not getting any further in the AHL as he is dominating there as well.

Probably one of the rare instances where a player is available and its not character or attitudes issues. ex, in Chicago Kyle Beach.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:51 PM
  #6
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Budaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Morin is exactly what the Habs are lacking up front. Plus a right handed shot to boot. He would be perfect even after Gionta leaves.

Habs are lacking scoring, Bergevin familiar with Chicago. Likes to build through prospects not by UFA's.

I think they could possibly hook up for a deal.

As much as I don't want to possibly move Budaj, but he is probably one of the top backups in the league. He has been solid last year and this year.

What would you want over all from the Habs. I don't think Bergevin would move his 2nd unless he made it a bigger package including another player maybe.
Budaj for Morin straight up works for both teams. I would send a mid tier goalie prospect (Tomkins) in return just to fill a slot for Montreal's loss of a goalie. Montreal could also send a nothing prospect for a change of scenery type move.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:53 PM
  #7
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Budaj for Morin straight up works for both teams. I would send a mid tier goalie prospect (Tomkins) in return just to fill a slot for Montreal's loss of a goalie. Montreal could also send a nothing prospect for a change of scenery type move.
if we were to trade for him we'd rather give our 2nd than budaj, hes a solid backup and hes an excellent teammate

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:54 PM
  #8
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,419
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If we move him for a backup goalie I'll be pissed. Kid's a gamer. Injuries happen, and he's our best W option at Rockford. You don't move a player like him for a mid second round pick.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:55 PM
  #9
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
ive never seen him play but im assuming that theres something wrong with him. young snipers w/ size who can fight and have grit aren't given away for 2nd rounders
Well I think he is worth a low 1st rounder... Here is the problem no room for him and if we don't settle for a 2nd rounder he is on the last year of his entry deal and we could get nothing.

Budaj and Morin are both over achieving 2nd round picks with outstanding numbers, but Morin is just buried with Chicago's depth. Chicago also has Versteeg for 3 years and that hurts Morin's chances even more.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:58 PM
  #10
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
If we move him for a backup goalie I'll be pissed. Kid's a gamer. Injuries happen, and he's our best W option at Rockford. You don't move a player like him for a mid second round pick.
true. But Budaj would challenge Crawford and that would be great! He could potentially be Chicago's number one.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:01 PM
  #11
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,419
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I have serious doubts that Peter Budaj would legitimately challenge Crawford for the #1 position.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:02 PM
  #12
Callidusblackhawk
Registered User
 
Callidusblackhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
true. But Budaj would challenge Crawford and that would be great! He could potentially be Chicago's number one.
Not really.

Callidusblackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:12 PM
  #13
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Canucks offer 2nd+5th

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:16 PM
  #14
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I have serious doubts that Peter Budaj would legitimately challenge Crawford for the #1 position.
I agree with you giving up Morin would be to much for a backup goalie. Budaj probably could be acquired for Khabibulin and a 4th rounder.

Morin needs to be traded, but not for a backup goalie.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:18 PM
  #15
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Canucks are a bad trading partner....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Canucks offer 2nd+5th
How about 2nd and a 4th rounder?

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:20 PM
  #16
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,419
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
I agree with you giving up Morin would be to much for a backup goalie. Budaj probably could be acquired for Khabibulin and a 4th rounder.

Morin needs to be traded, but not for a backup goalie.
...and I seriously doubt a team would move a stable backup goalie for the worst goalie in the NHL making 1.7 million and a fourth round pick.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:21 PM
  #17
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Rangers offer Brian Boyle

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:22 PM
  #18
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
With Versteeg signed with the 50% dicount 2.2 million for this year plus 2 more years....and Morin on the last year of his entry deal....there is no way he is in the organization by the trade deadline.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:22 PM
  #19
Modo
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,928
vCash: 50
Is he any relation to Travis Morin, called up recently by the Stars?

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:23 PM
  #20
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,419
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
With Versteeg signed with the 50% dicount 2.2 million for this year plus 2 more years....and Morin on the last year of his entry deal....there is no way he is in the organization by the trade deadline.
I understand saying he's available, but no way? Morin is going to be a NHL regular.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:25 PM
  #21
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Rangers offer Brian Boyle
value is there doesn't fit....no thanks looking for picks or a pick with a back up goalie.

Maybe Talbot backup goalie and a pick? maybe?

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:28 PM
  #22
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
How about 2nd and a 4th rounder?
Deal. We need more scoring prospects.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:31 PM
  #23
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I understand saying he's available, but no way? Morin is going to be a NHL regular.
Morin's ceiling to me is equal to Saad... I love Morin, but what happens if he gets injured this year in the AHL? Then we get zero for him.

The Hawks need to offer Morin a contract guaranteeing him a spot next year.... We could keep him... I like Ben Smith, Kruger, Bolig, & Handzus but somebody needs to go this log jam is going to force Morin to tell the Blackhawks to trade him.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:34 PM
  #24
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
What would it cost Pitt?
This. I wanted the Pens to draft him in 09'.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:34 PM
  #25
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Deal. We need more scoring prospects.
book it!

to Vancouver Jeremy Morin

to Chicago Vancouver's 4th rounder in 2014 &
Chicago's choice of a 2nd rounder in 2014 or 2015.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.