HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens 2014 lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2013, 11:14 PM
  #26
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
who would you drop down to the 3rd line then? i mean if galchenyuk is gonna play C next year then we might as well trade plekanec for a solid winger
NO!

Plekanec is our solid 3rd line defensive center who can contribute offensively like Guy Carbonneau did.

There will be times when Pleks or Eller will have to take defensive zone faceoffs for Galchenyuk or the fourth line centre (who would get bumped to RW and remove Parros if he is lineup)

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Prust
Bournival-Plekanec-Leblanc (replacing Gionta)
Moen-White-Parros/Holland
DD or Briere (but not both)

Let go Gionta, move out or buy out one of Desharnais or Briere, and keep the other one to back up an offensive forward.

Use the money saved to upgrade on defence, as well as paying Subban and Eller.

Subban-Gorges*
Emelin-Markov
UPGRADE-Tinordi
Drewiske
Beaulieu first callup

Let go Bouillon, Murray and Diaz. Try to get something at trade deadline for Diaz and Murray if we are still not looking like contenders.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:02 AM
  #27
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
NO!

Plekanec is our solid 3rd line defensive center who can contribute offensively like Guy Carbonneau did.

There will be times when Pleks or Eller will have to take defensive zone faceoffs for Galchenyuk or the fourth line centre (who would get bumped to RW and remove Parros if he is lineup)

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Prust
Bournival-Plekanec-Leblanc (replacing Gionta)
Moen-White-Parros/Holland
DD or Briere (but not both)

Let go Gionta, move out or buy out one of Desharnais or Briere, and keep the other one to back up an offensive forward.

Use the money saved to upgrade on defence, as well as paying Subban and Eller.

Subban-Gorges*
Emelin-Markov
UPGRADE-Tinordi
Drewiske
Beaulieu first callup

Let go Bouillon, Murray and Diaz. Try to get something at trade deadline for Diaz and Murray if we are still not looking like contenders.
disgusting 2nd and 3rd lines, and using plekanec as our 3C isnt very efficient. might as well trade him for value when hes at his peak, its not like were gonna be contenders anytime soon so its pointless to keep him for depth..

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:18 AM
  #28
samsquanch9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
i mean we could always throw a ****ton of money at vanek and have:
vanek - galchenyuk - gallagher as our 1st line

then we could trade plekanec for stewart+ or simmonds+ 2nd line:
pacioretty - eller - simmonds/stewart

3rd line:
prust - bournival - xxxxxx(kuli pls)

4th line:
moen - white - boll

i love this lineup alot

samsquanch9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:54 AM
  #29
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO
 
dkdanielkli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
i mean we could always throw a ****ton of money at vanek and have:
vanek - galchenyuk - gallagher as our 1st line

then we could trade plekanec for stewart+ or simmonds+ 2nd line:
pacioretty - eller - simmonds/stewart

3rd line:
prust - bournival - xxxxxx(kuli pls)

4th line:
moen - white - boll

I'd love to see this happen but how are you planning on getting Vanek and Simmonds ?

__________________
Sens players beat up 5'8" Habs players, they are praised. Subban beats up a small Sens player, he's a coward, he's spot picking, he's this, he's that, he's too NBA, he's too NFL, cocky, classless, etc, etc, etc.... You guys are too much.
dkdanielkli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:29 AM
  #30
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Hasn't Boll been signed for 3 more years with Colombus?

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:30 AM
  #31
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
I'd love to see this happen but how are you planning on getting Vanek and Simmonds ?
did you read my post? its very unrealistic that it'll happen but its a possibility. it all depends on whether or not vanek signs with us, which is highly unlikely

sign vanek this off season then trade plekanec for a top 6 RW(seeing as we'd have to play him as a 3C if we decided to keep him, which would be a waste). i went with simmonds/stewart because it seems like theyre the most realistic targets, obviously none of us are gms so god knows what kind of player we could get for a plekanec package.

we'd need a top 6 RW tho, i went with two players that would contribute offensively and stand up for our younger players if things ever got out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
Hasn't Boll been signed for 3 more years with Colombus?
oh right he has, i completely missed that. i knew he was gonna be a UFA this season but i didnt know CLB resigned him
reaves works aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
the way our team should look like next year:

forwards:

galchenyuk - plekanec - gallagher

pacioretty - eller - simmonds (simmonds would be a decent fit here, could be had for beaulieu+ most likely)

prust - bournival - kulemin (would target kuli this offseason in order to have a more balanced offence because simmonds isnt really known for his offensive skills, he could easily move up our LU)

moen - white - reaves (UFA signing)

defense:

gorges - subban
markov - emelin
tinordi - diaz
this is a more realistic LU, we'd only need to make 1 trade (and lets be real, the odds of us landing a high profile UFA like vanek aren't very high). then we would only have to find 3rd/4th line wingers on the UFA market, or we could bring some of our young guys up

but yea the 1st LU is obviously much better. vanek with galchenyuk and gallagher would be dirty, stylistically they should mesh really well together. a sniper + a playmaker + a crease crasher


Last edited by TT1: 11-18-2013 at 03:11 AM.
TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 07:14 AM
  #32
jaffy27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
I'd love to see this happen but how are you planning on getting Vanek and Simmonds ?
Vanek is UFA and Simmonds is trade I'd believe, would have to be Pleks + Beaulieu or Pateryn
I'd rather get Kane from Winnipeg. Would take Pacioretty + maybe Desharnais and draft pick

jaffy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 07:20 AM
  #33
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,986
vCash: 500
More overpaid third and fourth line forward, this is sure going to help us score goals!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.