HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jeremy Morin

Old
11-18-2013, 01:16 AM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Bam winning post right there!! Good assessment problem is next year is next year and he is no longer on the entry contract. Hawks need to resign Morin or trade him. Sure they could move Ben Smith back to Rockford. Morin needs a roster spot in Chicago yesterday.

Morin is very chippy plays with grit and I could easily seeing him lose patience with the Blackhawks organization and ask for a trade. They need to get him his 12-13 minutes a game and quit playing Rockford games with him. Chicago should offer him a contract in the next month or two just to let him know that he will be on the big club next season.
Morin's got all this year of still being waiver-exempt. I'm sure he hasn't played his last game as a Blackhawk this season, with injuries and what not. A guy like Smith would have to pass through waivers to go back down. So next year by training camp is the big time to determine if Morin has a future in Chicago or not. Probably why they dealt Hayes and Olsen who are in that same boat. As a RFA without significant NHL experience he doesn't have very many options.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:16 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Brad Mills was sent down a couple days ago..
sweet. I thought they LTIR him. okay sent down I knew something happened to him. Thanks for the update.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:17 AM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Dumoulin for Morin.

Doesn't get any more even than that.
I'd be fine with this.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:18 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Morin's got all this year of still being waiver-exempt. I'm sure he hasn't played his last game as a Blackhawk this season, with injuries and what not. A guy like Smith would have to pass through waivers to go back down. So next year by training camp is the big time to determine if Morin has a future in Chicago or not. Probably why they dealt Hayes and Olsen who are in that same boat. As a RFA without significant NHL experience he doesn't have very many options.
thanks. I thought Morin was in the same boat as Hayes & Olsen, but it sounds like him being an RFA that Hawks have another season. gotcha

Old
11-18-2013, 01:24 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
thanks for the reminder Smith wouldn't clear waivers. I could see Brookbank moved in a deadline deal. I actually predict that to happen. Plus Brad Mills will be released or traded but most likely sent to waivers.
I would trade Sheldon Brookbank the minute Mike Kostka returns from LTIR.

I can't stand watching Brookbank play right wing anymore. Based upon the aforementioned scenario, Coach Q won't be allowed to torment Chicago Blackhawks fans anymore.

SLarmer28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:25 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
slamdunk very true! Can't you take that up with Coach Q and not me? ha ha
Sure...what's his number? LOL!

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:25 AM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
With Versteeg signed with the 50% dicount 2.2 million for this year plus 2 more years....and Morin on the last year of his entry deal....there is no way he is in the organization by the trade deadline.
What? There is a pretty good chance he will be on the roster come the deadline. Injuries will happen and he will get another shot. Far too early to be thinking about trading him. He by far the most NHL ready forward in Rockford and if you trade him Nordstrom is all we have if injuries start to pile up.

I just can't see the Hawks moving him until the draft and even then only if they think at least 2 other guys will be ready to make the jump (like TT, McNeil, Danault, etc) next year to fill in for injuries.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:33 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
What? There is a pretty good chance he will be on the roster come the deadline. Injuries will happen and he will get another shot. Far too early to be thinking about trading him. He by far the most NHL ready forward in Rockford and if you trade him Nordstrom is all we have if injuries start to pile up.
Handzus is currently the 13th forward on the Chicago Blackhawks roster. If another forward is injured, Handzus would most likely play not Morin once Handzus returns from LTIR.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:35 AM
B4NND1T*

Ryan Stanton

B4NND1T* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:38 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4NND1T View Post
Ryan Stanton
How well did Stanton play tonight? I'm curious to know his progress as a NHL defenseman.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:40 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
What? There is a pretty good chance he will be on the roster come the deadline.
Jeremy Morin will be one of the Chicago Blackhawks "Black Aces" once the playoffs commence.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:42 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Dumoulin for Morin.

Doesn't get any more even than that.
I'll wait to make that trade until the 2014 NHL Draft.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:47 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:

I just can't see the Hawks moving him until the draft and even then only if they think at least 2 other guys will be ready to make the jump (like TT, McNeil, Danault, etc) next year to fill in for injuries.
Yeah I agree it is early thinking about trading him. So much can happen to a team in two months. If there was an injury to Patrick Sharp.... Morin would be the ideal fill in.

We do need to wait to see if we get hit with injuries. He is the only forward prospect I consider NHL ready. Some good points! I just don't like talent sitting on the bench or having to wait it out in Rockford. You can always sell high on a NHL ready prospect that is not getting playing time. There is no doubt that Morin could play his way onto a roster spot next season. He would have to accept the 4th line and I think he could be a 2nd & 3rd line tweener on about 1/3rd of the NHL rosters.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:51 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
If we move Morin, I'd like for it to be for a similar caliber prospect on D.
If Morin is really a sniper, NYR would be interested.

What about Del Zotto [1st rounder 20th overall]
for
Morin, Clendenning [2nd rounder] + a 2nd OR McNeil?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:02 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
If Morin is really a sniper, NYR would be interested.

What about Del Zotto [1st rounder 20th overall] for Morin, Clendenning [2nd rounder] + a 2nd OR McNeil?
Del Zotto would put the Chicago Blackhawks over the cap for the 2013-14 NHL Season. I'm fine with the trio of Chicago Blackhawks defensemen (Keith, Oduya, Leddy) on the left side for the 2013-14 NHL Season.

After reading comments on the Hockey's Future board, Del Zotto struggles on the right side and the Chicago Blackhawks need more right handed defenseman anyways at the AHL level.

Last edited by SLarmer28*: 11-18-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old
11-18-2013, 02:23 AM
B4NND1T*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
How well did Stanton play tonight? I'm curious to know his progress as a NHL defenseman.
Rock-steady, physical and has a great 1st pass. He's a great bottom pair D, Better than Kostka or Brookbank IMO

B4NND1T* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:28 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Rock-steady, physical and has a great 1st pass. He's a great bottom pair D, Better than Kostka or Brookbank IMO
Better than Brookbank, about on par with Kostka.

Stanton fits the Torts mold better than the Q one though. He looked rough in the pre-season for Chicago. Glad he's doing well though, even if it's in Vancouver.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:29 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
I thought about this recently why the Chicago Blackhawks retained Mike Kostka instead of Ryan Stanton. Ryan Stanton may struggle on the right side and Coach Q wanted more right handed defenseman on the roster.

Ryan Stanton is definitely a NHL feel good story, from undrafted Moose Jaw Warrior prospect to NHL defenseman. Isn't Stanton paired with Chris Tanev, who incidentally is right handed?

Old
11-18-2013, 02:33 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Better than Brookbank, about on par with Kostka.

Stanton fits the Torts mold better than the Q one though. He looked rough in the pre-season for Chicago. Glad he's doing well though, even if it's in Vancouver.
My dream scenario is once Kostka returns from LTIR, Sheldon Brookbank is shipped out for salary cap relief or an experienced backup goalie that is better than Nikolai Khabibulin, whose cap hit would be less than Sheldon Brookbank's.

Old
11-18-2013, 03:04 AM
Adam Spylo

To Montreal:
Jeremy Morin
Sheldon Brookbank

To Chicago:
2nd round pick
Dustin Tokarski
one of Doug Murray (0.5 million retained) / Francis Bouillon (0.5 million retained) / Greg Pateryn

Adam Spylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:25 AM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
To Montreal:
Jeremy Morin
Sheldon Brookbank

To Chicago:
2nd round pick
Dustin Tokarski
one of Doug Murray (0.5 million retained) / Francis Bouillon (0.5 million retained) / Greg Pateryn
one of these is not like the others

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:49 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
To Montreal:
Jeremy Morin
Sheldon Brookbank

To Chicago:
2nd round pick
Dustin Tokarski
I counter with the following, if Antti Raanta delivers at the NHL level by New Year's Day:

To Montreal
Jeremy Morin
Sheldon Brookbank
Nikolai Khabibulin

To Chicago
2014 or 2015 2nd Round Pick (Chicago's option)
Dustin Tokarski
Greg Pateryn

Last edited by SLarmer28*: 11-18-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old
11-18-2013, 04:41 AM
jacks

Quote:
I counter with the following, if Antti Raanta delivers at the NHL level by New Year's Day:

To Montreal
Jeremy Morin
Sheldon Brookbank
Nikolai Khabibulin

To Chicago
2014 or 2015 2nd Round Pick (Chicago's option)
Dustin Tokarski
Greg Pateryn
I counter with Pass.
Khabibulin isn't part of any deal comming to the Habs. Nice try though.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:56 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Del Zotto would put the Chicago Blackhawks over the cap for the 2013-14 NHL Season. I'm fine with the trio of Chicago Blackhawks defensemen (Keith, Oduya, Leddy) on the left side for the 2013-14 NHL Season.

After reading comments on the Hockey's Future board, Del Zotto struggles on the right side and the Chicago Blackhawks need more right handed defenseman anyways at the AHL level.
No question, MDZ is solid lefty, not so much righty.
Thanks for reply. Did not realize the bold.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 08:18 AM
BigHabs

Jeremy Morin
Kyle Beach

For

Ryan White
Greg Pateryn
2nd round pick'14

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote