HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 Forward to Vancouver

Old
11-18-2013, 02:08 AM
peen

vCash: 500
Cammalleri is worth as much if not more than Iginla lol. He can net like 55-65 points on a crappy team like Calgary. He's capable of a 60-70 point season with the right team. Iginla is more of a 50 point guy now. Even still, I think they have a similar value.

peen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:18 AM
canadianmagpie

vCash: 255
Canucks can go in one of two ways, either move Kesler back to 2nd line centre and grab a playmaking winger. Or keep Kesler on the wing and get a 2nd line playmaking centre.

If Kesler moves to centre, I have always liked to have seen Hemsky on his wing. But I doubt he would come cheap after the Canucks kept Schneider away from the Oilers in the offseason.

If he keeps at centre, then I would be hoping for someone like Stastny. But realistically, I could see Legwand or Jussi Jokinen being a target for the Canucks.

I am one of the Canuck fans who think we should keep ahold of Tanev and I doubt that Torts would want him gone either. Ideally, I would say it's time to let Edler go. But Bieksa could go as well. Both have a no-trade clause in their contracts, but it would be interesting to see if either would waive.

Would Colorado fans be interested in a deal centered around Bieksa or Edler for Stastny?

canadianmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by peen View Post
Cammalleri is worth as much if not more than Iginla lol. He can net like 55-65 points on a crappy team like Calgary. He's capable of a 60-70 point season with the right team. Iginla is more of a 50 point guy now. Even still, I think they have a similar value.
...leadership...physicality...50 goals twice...hasn't been dumped for scraps for talking out against his own team...

I'm sorry, Iginla, even a declining Iginla, is worth more then Cammalleri. If he was signed a season or two longer, like Bouwmeester, I could understand an argument there, but three quarters of a season for Cammalleri isn't worth as much as Iginla.

I could understand not wanting to move him to a division rival for fair value, but saying Cammalleri is worth more then Iginla...I just don't buy it.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Avs44

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmagpie View Post
Canucks can go in one of two ways, either move Kesler back to 2nd line centre and grab a playmaking winger. Or keep Kesler on the wing and get a 2nd line playmaking centre.

If Kesler moves to centre, I have always liked to have seen Hemsky on his wing. But I doubt he would come cheap after the Canucks kept Schneider away from the Oilers in the offseason.

If he keeps at centre, then I would be hoping for someone like Stastny. But realistically, I could see Legwand or Jussi Jokinen being a target for the Canucks.

I am one of the Canuck fans who think we should keep ahold of Tanev and I doubt that Torts would want him gone either. Ideally, I would say it's time to let Edler go. But Bieksa could go as well. Both have a no-trade clause in their contracts, but it would be interesting to see if either would waive.

Would Colorado fans be interested in a deal centered around Bieksa or Edler for Stastny?
I have a feeling your fellow Canuck fans will hate you for this.

But sure, Stastny for Edler? He's all yours.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post

I'd imagine Stastny+....just because of contract status. How much would be added? That's my question.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:30 AM
canadianmagpie

vCash: 255
Quote:

I did say "centered around" which mean that I think that Colorado would have to add.... probably a solid prospect and a pick.... maybe bring back a BC boy in Barrie or a scoring prospect in Hishon?

canadianmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:46 AM
VanillaCoke

Quote:
Canucks can go in one of two ways, either move Kesler back to 2nd line centre and grab a playmaking winger. Or keep Kesler on the wing and get a 2nd line

Ideally, I would say it's time to let Edler go. But Bieksa could go as well. Both have a no-trade clause in their contracts, but it would be interesting to see if either would waive.
Either are good options to go, however it seems from the outside that bieksa's personality is really important in the room.

VanillaCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:
I did say "centered around" which mean that I think that Colorado would have to add.... probably a solid prospect and a pick.... maybe bring back a BC boy in Barrie or a scoring prospect in Hishon?
No. If we are trading Edler to the Avalanche, ROR+ better be coming back.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:56 AM
huntison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
No. If we are trading Edler to the Avalanche, ROR+ better be coming back.
Like I said .

This:

Edler + Schroeder + Weise

For

ROR + Talbot

This year:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
ROR - Kesler - Higgins
Hansen - Santa - Kassian
Richardson - Talbot - Sestito

Garrison - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Stanton - Corrado
Weber

Next year:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
ROR - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen
Richardson - Santorelli - Talbot

Last edited by huntison: 11-18-2013 at 03:05 AM.
huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:58 AM
David71

micheal ryder

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:52 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Judging from what I've seen of the Canucks you guys could use a really good playmaking winger/center for Kesler more than a sniper.
As a Canucks fan, i wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

It's why Stastny would be the perfect fit.

But there doesn't seem to be much of any agreement on what it would cost. Avs fans don't seem to like Tanev+. Canucks fans balk at Edler for an impending UFA. A signed extension Stastny though...that might get the talks in a similar ballpark...

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 04:05 AM
skyo
CanucksCorner

Quote:
Judging from what I've seen of the Canucks you guys could use a really good playmaking winger/center for Kesler more than a sniper.
Nope, the Canucks have enough playmaking / passers in the Sedins, Higgins, Santos. Burrows has all round skill (but not specialized in any category), Kesler is a shooter/semi power forward, Kassian-work in progress, Booth can't handle the tough Canadian market, he needs to get back to calmness down south.

There really is not true finisher in our top 9, which is why I prefer a sniper to add to the forward arsenal.

And as seen countless times already this season, the Canucks have had numerous scoring chances but no one can really snipe a timely goal in.

What is it now 9 games this season for the Canucks with just one goal?

Ideally the team can get a player who has an accurate shot and can pass.

skyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyo View Post
Nope, the Canucks have enough playmaking / passers in the Sedins, Higgins, Santos. Burrows has all round skill (but not specialized in any category), Kesler is a shooter/semi power forward, Kassian-work in progress, Booth can't handle the tough Canadian market, he needs to get back to calmness down south.

There really is not true finisher in our top 9, which is why I prefer a sniper to add to the forward arsenal.

And as seen countless times already this season, the Canucks have had numerous scoring chances but no one can really snipe a timely goal in.

What is it now 9 games this season for the Canucks with just one goal?

Ideally the team can get a player who has an accurate shot and can pass.

Kesler is a shoot first forward. If you can get a pass first center, move Kesler to the wing. Put Burrows back with the twins, and then find a 3rd wheel for said center, and Kesler.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 04:23 AM
MISC*
Negged.

ROR

for

Edler

Is very good for both teams.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Don't have any interest in Schroeder, Jensen is a nice piece. Cammy's value is high right now and Booth's contract would obviously have to be coming back, which I really don't like. These are the only deals I could come up with to make it work....
1) Booth, Kassian + 2nd
2) Booth, Jensen + 1st
3) Booth, Jensen, Tanev + 3rd
This is the only one remotely close to fair, but still overpriced. If we are going for that much, the pick either has to be conditional or Stajan needs to be involved.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 08:19 AM
gpearson1968

vCash: 450
Yakupov for Schneider

gpearson1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

Right on point.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

Or, they can deal for a C that can play W, a la Brassard. This way, they can try the combination with Kesler at each position. It provides the team the opportunity to mix and match talent as they see fit, instead of locking Kesler down at C or W, specifically.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Flames rebuilder

The Canucks should've learned, from watching the Flame's, that an aging core that couldn't get it down, when they were younger, likely isn't gonna get it done when they're older. The ROR for Edler makes a lot of sense. You keep your aging top line and back them up with skilled youth. That's what I'd do, but I've always thought Tanguay would be a nice fit with Kesler, if Van isn't ready to really shake it up.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Toxic0n

Quote:
The Canucks should've learned, from watching the Flame's, that an aging core that couldn't get it down, when they were younger, likely isn't gonna get it done when they're older. The ROR for Edler makes a lot of sense. You keep your aging top line and back them up with skilled youth. That's what I'd do, but I've always thought Tanguay would be a nice fit with Kesler, if Van isn't ready to really shake it up.
Yup, if your team only makes it to game 7 of SCF, obviously they can't get it done and need to be traded for younger players that some day might be as good as them.

Toxic0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
Yup, if your team only makes it to game 7 of SCF, obviously they can't get it done and need to be traded for younger players that some day might be as good as them.
Yep, 3 years ago...I understand though, lots of Flames fans held onto the 2004, game 7 of the SCF up until a couple years ago. Held on so long that the top players were worth a fraction of their value, if we would've faced reality. Granted, I think Van has a more talented team but the paths are pretty similar.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Toxic0n

Quote:
Yep, 3 years ago...I understand though, lots of Flames fans held onto the 2004, game 7 of the SCF up until a couple years ago. Held on so long that the top players were worth a fraction of their value, if we would've faced reality. Granted, I think Van has a more talented team but the paths are pretty similar.
Not at all. Calgarys run was a fluke, Vancouver has been a contender/division winner for several years now. Flames were holding on to a mirage, Van actually has talent which to build upon - rather than blowing it up.

Toxic0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
Not at all. Calgarys run was a fluke, Vancouver has been a contender/division winner for several years now. Flames were holding on to a mirage, Van actually has talent which to build upon - rather than blowing it up.
3rd in the west the following season would indicate some talent! Diffinitely wasn't suggesting a full on blow up, but a youthful, retool on the fly could avoid a full blow up like the Flames. Every team that's one the cup in the cup has had increadable depth. Not picking fights but every one knows if you shut down the Sedin's the Canuck's are done. I just think that going with 3 great defensemen and getting Kesler someone to play with might work out better.

Old
11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Nuckler

I feel that if Gillis isn't willing to deal any high end prospects or young talent in hopes of pulling a San Jose in a year or 2, that he should go after a couple of vets that are gonna be cheap to acquire. personally I like Ray Whitney(playmaking winger), and Jagr(strong on the boards, won before, would love to see him with the twins) both could be had for relatively cheap(maybe like draft pick + an okay prospect) I think and Jagr has moved around alot in the last couple years

If hes gonna deal Edler I wanna see a package coming back not a 1-1, maybe not players that are as established but that have good potential. Imo if your trading edler while he's entering his prime your doing a pretty big revamp and not going to seriously contend for a year or 2

Nuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:35 PM
nuckfan insk

Brassard could be a good fit

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote