HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If therrien is fired, what coaches are out there to replace him?

Old
11-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Timmins was high on Kristo. Drafted Kristo in 08 thinking he had made a really good move especially based on how far he picked him. Year after, Kristo was playing in the USHL on the same team than Leblanc....who was going to be picked 1 year later and yet....though only by 1 point, Leblanc finished ahead of Kristo as best scorer of his team. Kristo was only 6-7 months older than Leblanc, yet 1 year older draftwise. You have to think that people thought it was a great feature for a kid not drafted to be as good statistically....and you have to believe that the Habs were really present watching him based on the fact that they were already watching Kristo's progression in Omaha. Or so I think....
it wasn't just the habs though, people had him inside the top 15 on their lists and I wasn't surprised to see us grab him based on that.

I just didn't see his skill set translating into the nhl, at the time, when watching him play.

my biggest fear is Timmins will be let go...or move on.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You can say what you want, same for the others. But I will also have the right to disagree and to think that to come with something like this everytime will be incredibly narrow minded. As of now, I have more problems with the fact that Gainey wanted to get Lecavalier for half of the team......or that he was ready to pay Brière more than his worth so that HIS local agenda would be served. As of now, we have 2 bad contracts with DD and Brière. Don't think he had to rush in DD's case...as a matter of fact, I was one of the few to be against that contract. The mix of money and term made no sense to me. But that was a GM jumping the gun and thinking he made an incredible deal based on the season he had just witness. And Brière well...it's still just 2 years. But while as much money...he did sign Moen to 4 years contract. Still signed MaxPac a whole lot of money. Too much money for Emelin and the list goes on....There is a pattern here and frankly....language isn't one of them. But yes...you have the right to always have that on your mind.

But as far as results are concerned.....only franco player he brought in was Brière. Bouillon and DD were already there. Bournival was a Gauthier trade (a great one that is...), they alienated Leblanc based on last year....Dumont is slowly regressing on the chart....frankly, I can't wait to see the actual results of his franco agenda...
Oh I don't think Bergevin's decisions are background related. Well actually, I think Briere was, I just don't think he's here if he isn't Qc born. All I'm saying is that I can't blame people for going there.

As for Gainey, well at least those guys were still good at the time, but definitely, it would have been way way worse.
And yes, there's definitely a pattern with this management group and it's not a positive one.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

#1 Candidate: Mike Babcock (but, that's never gonna happen)
#2 Candidate: Larry Robinson (there's nothing else to say about him)

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:05 AM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
oh you mean
Bell : operate works mostly in english
Woodbridge : english mainly
Th. Reuters : same
TSN : same, again...

they're the owner group Geoff is trying to please ? GOD DAMN!! no **** they want the team 100% french

yeah! I get it now!
Stop being dense ... Quebec, where 95% of the Habs revenue is generated, is 80% french. With RDS getting close to 1 Million viewers per game. That audience is the Habs bread and butter.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Laviolette would be my choice right now. If they HAD to stick with the stupid language rule, I guess it'd be Guy Boucher. I'll take anyone over Therrien at this point (well, not anyone, but you get the point). Robinson would be a good option to have too if he wanted the job.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Laviolette would be my choice right now. If they HAD to stick with the stupid language rule, I guess it'd be Guy Boucher. I'll take anyone over Therrien at this point (well, not anyone, but you get the point). Robinson would be a good option to have too if he wanted the job.
Wasn't Guy Boucher's tenure in Tampa marred by a suspect defence corps and a putrid goaltending duo ?

I wouldn't mind that good man amongst us, to be honest. Would probably make men of guys like Desharnais and Blunden and Wyman and Milroy.

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
yeah and he still got them to the conference finals. I'd be fine with him, but lean towards Laviolette and see what he could do with this group of players. I'd be happy with either of them though.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:14 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Stop being dense ... Quebec, where 95% of the Habs revenue is generated, is 80% french. With RDS getting close to 1 Million viewers per game. That audience is the Habs bread and butter.
I worked in management for two of the corp named, and they couldnt care less if one of their employees knew french. It's no different with their custommers.

Besides, they're mostly silent partners, as long as there's viewership on their logo, banners, etc, that Bell can put their web/cell/whatever booth in the building, and so on... they couldnt care less either if the coach speak french. The cash is coming in, Geoff is there to take care of it, they dont care about language.

Why would they care anyway ? cause a few paranoid starts convulsing everytime they hear "bonjour" ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Nothing is happening this year barring a miraculous losing streak, coinciding with the players quitting on him.

When the time comes, we shall see who is out there and can speak French. No sense to think about it right now as much can change between now and then.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:23 AM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
I dont think the langage should be an issue as long as the GM speaks french...
If Kirk Muller was available at the time do you think he would have been told no because of this issue?
He is part of the team history so I dont think it would have been a problem!

CaptainIginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:26 AM
FinnHab

MB doesnt sack Therrien, at least not this season. Im more concern about our roster, we lack goal scorers and DD is dead weight with his humongous ice time. We need quality players and badly.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:27 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Hey guys,

I don't know if he was mentioned, but how about Marc Crawford?

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:46 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
I dont think the langage should be an issue as long as the GM speaks french...
If Kirk Muller was available at the time do you think he would have been told no because of this issue?
He is part of the team history so I dont think it would have been a problem!
Randy cunneyworth says hello

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Stop being dense ... Quebec, where 95% of the Habs revenue is generated, is 80% french.
40% of Quebec's tax revenues come from anglos and "ethnics" -- I suspect the same individuals are also filling the Habs' coffers. The percentage of population they consist of, paints an incomplete picture.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:33 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
The goal is to win games.
that wasn't the song sang when martin was around

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:34 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
40% of Quebec's tax revenues come from anglos and "ethnics" -- I suspect the same individuals are also filling the Habs' coffers. The percentage of population they consist of, paints an incomplete picture.
now I know why they picked P.K. Andrighetto, Fucale ( ), Plekanec and Markov a while ago... it's for their "ethnic background"...

GOD DAMN! if only management could stop limiting themselves to just a few ethnicities when drafting, no wonder we arent winning anything anytime soon!!

Old
11-18-2013, 03:35 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
that wasn't the song sang when martin was around
whatever he sang, we overachieved when he was our HC.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:12 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
whatever he sang, we overachieved when he was our HC.
and i also believe he was the most competent coach we've had in 20+ years.

but at the time, everybody here wanted him fired, some because they thought you could get a better coach elsewhere, but got therrien so joke's on them i guess, but most wanted him gone because SOOOOOO BOOOORING

therrien's team fell apart without emelin. martin had to do without markov one year, and without gorges and markov the other

but SOOOOOOO BOOOORING

Old
11-18-2013, 05:29 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
and i also believe he was the most competent coach we've had in 20+ years.

but at the time, everybody here wanted him fired, some because they thought you could get a better coach elsewhere, but got therrien so joke's on them i guess, but most wanted him gone because SOOOOOO BOOOORING

therrien's team fell apart without emelin. martin had to do without markov one year, and without gorges and markov the other

but SOOOOOOO BOOOORING
same here.

look, he even made us beat both Pit and Was in the PO with MaB playing 15 minutes a game...

Old
11-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Masuli

I think also you have to remember that it ain't only this season. Therrien started deteriorating already at the end of last season. He has no clue how to manage his bench if the opposing team has prepared for our playstyle. Instead he insists on "working hard", "doing things right" and "liked DD tonight" while the team is getting owned on the ice. If the system he is implementing ain't working we are just standing still.

Masuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:18 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
same here.

look, he even made us beat both Pit and Was in the PO with MaB playing 15 minutes a game...
in before the "lol halak did everything" crowd

Old
11-18-2013, 06:37 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
in before the "lol halak did everything" crowd
yeah, the guy made about 85 saves a game, dont you know

Old
11-18-2013, 06:39 AM
DAChampion

Martin was very competent, I'm not sure why everybody hated him.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:40 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
yeah, the guy made about 85 saves a game, dont you know
Halak helped for sure, but he didn't win the games by himself. The offence did score, after all.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:50 AM
The Right Price

Should fire Therrien just to hire Laviolette, who'd be a great fit with our current roster.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote