HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Edmonton

Old
11-18-2013, 09:41 AM
supert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kesler is a lot more proven than Yakupov, Tanev is a lot more proven than Pitlick, and I think the majority of people would take Horvat over Klefbom as well.

If Kesler were a 20 yr old on pace for 12 goals, and you replaced Pitlick with say, Justin Schultz, then you might be close valuewise, although we'd need to have a surplus of centremen and a gaping need for defensemen for it to make sense for us.

I would think that pieces like Horvat or Tanev would be appealing to the Oilers given where they're at right now, but what else might be of interest?
As an Oiler fan . I think your offer is close . I think something like Tanev , Horvat and Lack would get it done . I know other Oiler fans will not like it , but we need to balance out our team . A young 2 way centre is a real need .

Well thought out offer even if fellow Oiler fans do not see the value .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Canadian Canuck
Jake Virtanen

vCash: 768
Canucks don't want Yakupov! Tortorella would bench him every game for not playing his system. Plus we don't want to give up Horvat. There is no deal to be made around Yakupov.

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:59 AM
spuzzum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Canucks don't want Yakupov! Tortorella would bench him every game for not playing his system. Plus we don't want to give up Horvat. There is no deal to be made around Yakupov.
Any team would be crazy not to consider trading for Yakupov if the price is right. There is certainly a deal to be made giving up Horvat+ to get YakCity. Although the Canucks would be a heck of a lot smarter concentrating on getting an established sniper to play with the sisters and not one that is developing into one.

spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
No thanks.

Rather move older players. Edler and Burrows for Yak.
I'd rather this deal than the OP's.

In my opinion, the only way we trade one of Yak or Eberle is for a top pair defenseman. No more futures. No more depth players. No more draft picks. We need to make trades that will make us a better team now and for the foreseeable future, not trades that might make us a better team in 3 or 4 years.

ManofSteel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:04 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
No thanks.

Rather move older players. Edler and Burrows for Yak.
As an Oiler fan, I'd much rather take this than the OP proposal. With that said, I don't think I'd take it. Yakupov isn't Smid. Trading him to a division rival would be a tough pill to swallow (as would trading him at all).

EDIT: great minds think alike, ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhotter View Post
Yak has pavel bure + potential.
That's a dangerous comment in a Canuck thread.

Last edited by misfit: 11-18-2013 at 10:10 AM.
misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
As an Oiler fan . I think your offer is close . I think something like Tanev , Horvat and Lack would get it done . I know other Oiler fans will not like it , but we need to balance out our team . A young 2 way centre is a real need .

Well thought out offer even if fellow Oiler fans do not see the value .
I'd be willing to add Lack. He's doing well as a backup, and while I'd feel bad recalling Eriksson and leaving our AHL team with literally terrible goaltending, I'd be willing to do it for Yakupov.

Given the direction the Oilers seem to have gone with the Smid trade, it seems like they are still looking for younger players, which would make us better trading partners imo.

I'd rather deal young players than players like Edler/Burrows who are in their prime right now, as we are still trying to compete now. I can definitely see why a lot of Oilers fans would prefer to start the transition to "win now" though, given how long the current rebuild has lasted for.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:18 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
I'd be willing to add Lack. He's doing well as a backup, and while I'd feel bad recalling Eriksson and leaving our AHL team with literally terrible goaltending, I'd be willing to do it for Yakupov.

Given the direction the Oilers seem to have gone with the Smid trade, it seems like they are still looking for younger players, which would make us better trading partners imo.

I'd rather deal young players than players like Edler/Burrows who are in their prime right now, as we are still trying to compete now. I can definitely see why a lot of Oilers fans would prefer to start the transition to "win now" though, given how long the current rebuild has lasted for.
I don't think supert is correct at all, the Oilers would need more than what's offered here. Its a good package, but we can't keep downgrading for picks and prospects all the time.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Love

Quote:
Yak has pavel bure + potential.
And Horvat has Datsyuk +++ potential.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Cogburn

Tortorella's not stupid, he would change his system slightly enough to allow Yakupov to do what he's best at. If he can learn to block shots (so far everyone has here) and how to cover for a pinching defenseman (most have wrapped their heads around the concept so far), then he'd fit right in.

We need a game breaking forward. Someone who can skate in 1-on-5 and find a way to score, through skill, or luck, or perseverance, or what ever.

I love how Edler has been playing under Torts, but if he's what Edmonton covets, a deal can made and should be considered for Yakupov.

Burrows and Horvat are two players, among more then a couple, I couldn't part with though. Burrows is a leader and core player, and his close connection to Bieksa and Kesler would cause problems if one was moved when he's starting to get his game back. As for Horvat, he's the the best prospect in our system at present, and I feel we need to keep our high end youth as much as possible if we're trading for Yakupov.

Edler+Lack would work, or Edler+Jensen even (and I am very high on Jensen), and I'd even consider both prospects if we got some roster filler (on expiring contracts mind you) back. Labarbera and a spare defender (so we needn't suffer Alberts simply not getting the new system) or pick with Yakupov would be what I'd want, ideally.

That or Eberle, I think he'd be an easier fit here, TBH.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:09 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Lol. That doesn't get u yak. Put things into perspective. Horvat could become a Bergeron lite. Tanev is a decent top 4 D. Yak has pavel bure + potential.
Now that's just silly.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:13 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
So because yak is on a sophomore slump, his value suddenly drops tremendously and the oilers are in desperation to trade him. People forget what people thought of this player coming out of junior. There were rumors Montreal would trade PK + the 3rd to get him. I do believe this guy can score 50 goals in this league. U guys judge from only the present and forget about the past. The guy was scoring tons of goals at the end of last year. A guy with the potential to be a 2nd line center and a top 4 d does not get you anywhere close to yak.
No there weren't. Those "rumours" were fabricated, I'm assuming by Oilers fans. PK was never on the table straight up, let alone with the 3rd overall.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Pass. Huge overpayment for a lazy malcontent Russian winger who will get treated worse with torts than Eakins

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Would adding Kassian on top be enough to get Edmonton interested?
We are not trading Kassian. Can you just give it a rest?

Oilers aint trading Yakupov and even if they were it wouldnt be to us.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Mr V

Trade us Schnieder. Then we'll talk.

Oh, right.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:53 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizNagi View Post
This.

Yak's value is weird right now. If the Oilers were smart, they wouldn't trade him right now.
I would go the other way, Yak's value is still high right now, much higher than Tanev's, if the Oilers are smart they will trade him for something they need, like Edler (the Canucks might say no but someone will offer something similar), and ignore lowball offers like Tanev...

maybe Eberle + Yakupov for S. Weber?

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Former 1st overall for 9th overall in recent draft year + tanev.

Tanev doesnt move you up in the draft that much.

Yak>>Horvat.
But I thought?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
I agree that HF is all over the place, but i think many people would take a 70 point 2-way center over a 90 point o-zone winger.
Just messing, I agree Yak >> Horvat. Oilers decline.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!
Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:00 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Pass. Huge overpayment for a lazy malcontent Russian winger who will get treated worse with torts than Eakins
At least you got his nationality right.

Old
11-18-2013, 12:17 PM
ohnoeszz

I see no reason to do this for Vancouver. Tanev is the better player right now and Horvat could end up being the better player.

Yak has talent but there is a long way to go before he rounds his game out so that talent can shine. I don't think it's guaranteed that happens and I think it's pretty likely his progression levels out somewhere along that path. He's got big holes in his game. The Oilers have the time, they should be the ones that wait to see how he pans out.

I'd only consider trades like this for guys like Galchenyuk or Johanson. Yakupov isn't a good target considering the cost and risk.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:06 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
I see no reason to do this for Vancouver. Tanev is the better player right now and Horvat could end upby being the better player.
By
Yak has talent but there is a long way to go before he rounds his game out so that talent can shine. I don't think it's guaranteed that happens and I think it's pretty likely his progression levels out somewhere along that path. He's got big holes in his game. The Oilers have the time, they should be the ones that wait to see how he pans out.

I'd only consider trades like this for guys like Galchenyuk or Johanson. Yakupov isn't a good target considering the cost and risk.
Yak led his team in scoring last year. Tanev is a #5 dman. Tanev is not the better player, slump or no slump.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:08 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
The oilers would have to be ruled clinically brain dead if they traded Yakupov within the Pacific.

BoldNewLettuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Mr.Prez
Why not Zoidberg?

vCash: 129
the only thing I'd want from Vancouver for Yakupov is Kesler... I want to see more than 20 games before declaring him a bust

Mr.Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLKarlsson View Post
Brutal for Vancouver
Brutal for Edmonton.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:02 PM
ChaoticOrange

Please follow these simple rules when posting trade proposals with EDM.

1) if your trade makes Edmonton worse today, don't propose it. We have all suffered long enough and have zero patience for 'look how awesome you'll be when Horvat and Tanev are in their primes!'
2) if your trade is asking for Eberle/Hall/RNH/Yak in a quantity for quality deal, don't post it unless it contains a quality D-Man or a player in the Wheeler/Lucic/Ladd mould.
3) if your trade proposal contains a 2nd round pick 'to offset the value) go bang your head on a wall somewhere.
4) if you are in our division and your trade proposal involves a future star going to your team, consider long and hard what the Schneider ask was. 'Fair Value' doesn't exist in inter division trades especially when we're talking about a potential 40 goal scorer.
Finally, 5) while our management decisions seem to be based on Rohrschach tests from flung monkey poo, most of us aren't stupid. Real trades don't work like NHL 14 - to get a high potential player like Yak you'll have to give up something you REALLY don't want to.

ChaoticOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:36 PM
StringerBell

Bure+ would be pretty hard to turn down. Not really sure what that has to do with Yakupov.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
You think this is a brutal offer? What did you expect Edler+Horvat?
Actually, that is exactly what I was going to type. So you are right, probably no deal to be had.

roboninja is online now   Reply With Quote