HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[ANA/TOR] Staubitz + P.Holland for J.Blacker, 3rd and 7th 2014 Draft Pick

Old
11-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Smif

vCash: 500
I like this trade because I think we have really good pro-scouts, they always seem to pluck guys that are on the verge of busting for other teams and turning them into serviceable NHL'ers.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Holland got lost in the shuffle here in Anaheim, but he could very well do well in Toronto.

Having said that, I think Murray got the appropriate value for him. Ownership will be happy to not be paying Staubitz 500 Grand to play in the AHL as well.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Bobby Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
The value received for Holland was probably fair, but I wish BM had targeted one of the Leafs many defensive blueline prospects. Petter Granberg would round out our prospect pool nicely (big shutdown righty with top four potential + Swedish ). I think Holland for Granberg+4th would have been a fair trade for both sides.
Agree. Don't know anything about Blacker but Anaheim needs more Bryan Allens than Sami Vatanens in their prospect pool.

Bobby Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:07 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
The value received for Holland was probably fair, but I wish BM had targeted one of the Leafs many defensive blueline prospects. Petter Granberg would round out our prospect pool nicely (big shutdown righty with top four potential + Swedish ). I think Holland for Granberg+4th would have been a fair trade for both sides.
Blacker was a throw-in. The real asset is the 3rd/2nd rounder. If Blacker turns out to blossom in a new environment a la Maroon, great. If not no big deal. I was hoping for a 2nd with Holland and considering they miraculously took Staubitz off our hands this is great value. Toronto knows what kind of player they're getting. They aren't about to part with a D-man prospect they like and a potential second round pick. Holland isn't worth it.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Carelton CA

Holland is extremely skilled offensively but in Anaheim and Norfolk lacked the intensity and defensive play they were looking for out of him.

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote