HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 20: Preds vs. Blackhawks | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | The team is cold as ICE

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2013, 11:44 AM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
I don't blame you for feeling that way at all. Alcohol makes lots of people stark, raving idiots and spending money seems to give some of the travelers an unwarranted sense of entitlement. But yes I agree that there needs to be a way for folks who just want a good night out to report unruly fans and the team needs to work on that. We watched the fight break out in 304 about ten rows or so below us and have to give props to the Blackhawks fans in and around 304 Row S adjacent to us for admitting the stupidity we all had seen and even had a lot of 'nice game for y'all' congrats as they left at the end.

Luckily I rarely have the intimidating fan issue towards me being almost the size of a NFL lineman and have my seats on the perch of 303/304 where I hold the high ground. I chose those not only for the ledge to put my things when I went to the games and was handy the several times I brought the family, but also for the history I used to watch at Hawks/Blues games at the old Arena/Checkerdome in StL growing up (yes I went 'native' here in Tennessee against my hockey roots). There used to be many a fight between Chicagoan and Brewery worker from StL in the stands at those games in the 80's and a push down the stairs was often the demise of many a drunk fan. It was awful and exciting for a kid at the same time; but having a family also doesn't make me really want to be in a Chapelle segment of 'Keepin' it Real Gone Wrong' at a hockey game, so logically I chose the defensive position. I had a drunk kid from StL once try to give me a load of BS to pick a fight and his buddies and I just looked at him and said that those stairs look awfully far down... He was pretty quiet about taunts the rest of the game and his buddies bought me a beer or two... Maybe I just need to swap out seats with you next time the Hawks are in town!!!
Thanks!

Preds need to market this idea--- instead of keeping the red out--- Chicago is invading-- buy an extra seat for your "bodyguard"...

Old
11-18-2013, 12:08 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Some random photos...

A big sign saying game worn jerseys above low end Reebok customized.

Old
11-18-2013, 03:08 PM
JamestheSame

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I bet you didn't have someone outweighing you by 200 lbs pushing you, spitting in your face cursing you out, and pinning you in where you couldn't move. And if you saw that happening to a woman and didn't speak up.........shame on you.
This happened to you at the game?

Old
11-18-2013, 04:20 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I've been to 26 different NHL arenas. I've encountered a lot of nice people, some indifferent , some rude. I usually have a great time talking to people.
But never the hostile in your face behavior of these Hawks fans.
I'm not intimidating, I'm not drunk. I don't give a damn how many f bombs are dropped around me.
But I will not be aggressively harassed by male or female drunks anymore.

Frankly it makes me sad that so many people I know, did not go to the game specifically for the reason they did not want to put up with boorish drunk nastiness.

And as for all of you saying you're a little more tolerant--- I bet you didn't have someone outweighing you by 200 lbs pushing you, spitting in your face cursing you out, and pinning you in where you couldn't move. And if you saw that happening to a woman and didn't speak up.........shame on you.
i may be only about 6'2 200lbs.. but i wouldnt have just spoke up... id be getting thrown out for throwing a haymaker or 2. but maybe that's just the alabama coming out in me. after all, everybody from alabama are rednecks...

Old
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

It is sad we need to have this kind of discussion, but I have seen the 'entitled drunk visitor' mode up close. Never been a victim of it, because it was not allowed to get out of hand-- fans from both teams 'reasoned' with the fans in question.
There should be a text code for security like NFL setup in the arena. Maybe just knowing it was there would keep some clowns from straying over the edge, but it would give recourse when it did happen. Nobody wins, but there should be a mechanism in place...

Old
11-18-2013, 04:37 PM
JamestheSame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
i may be only about 6'2 200lbs.. but i wouldnt have just spoke up... id be getting thrown out for throwing a haymaker or 2. but maybe that's just the alabama coming out in me. after all, everybody from alabama are rednecks...
Hell, I would have said something and I'm only 6' and 165 pounds. I would just hope someone would break it up before I got beat to bad. haha

Old
11-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
It is sad we need to have this kind of discussion, but I have seen the 'entitled drunk visitor' mode up close. Never been a victim of it, because it was not allowed to get out of hand-- fans from both teams 'reasoned' with the fans in question.
There should be a text code for security like NFL setup in the arena. Maybe just knowing it was there would keep some clowns from straying over the edge, but it would give recourse when it did happen. Nobody wins, but there should be a mechanism in place...
The Preds should create a @PredsSecurity twitter account ... or text 77337 for this kind of stuff

Old
11-18-2013, 05:22 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
The Preds should create a @PredsSecurity twitter account ... or text 77337 for this kind of stuff
I've mentioned this to the Preds several times and never gotten a response.

Saturday was extremely unpleasant. I've always felt the Bridgestone was relatively safe with common sense behavior, but I don't feel that way anymore.

Thanks for letting me know there are some good guys out there still.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:39 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Luckily the fans in my sections didn't get too out of hand. Yes they were making fun of us and yes I mouthed back a few times and yelled at them but nothing physical. I never felt like any of the detroit games ever got as "dangerous" as these past 2 hawks saturday games.

Old
11-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
There was a text code and a Twitter account previously set up for in-arena security issues that has been used for St. Louis, Detroit, and Chicago games in the past, but I too noticed they did not use it (or at least publicize it) on Saturday night...

Old
11-18-2013, 09:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hell half the hawks fans were wings fans 6 years ago.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Hell half the hawks fans were wings fans 6 years ago.
Front runners always got to be cool

Old
11-19-2013, 02:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Front runners always got to be cool
yup. Their red undershirt has a big A on it.....

Closed Thread