HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Kings @ Predators 12-23-06

Old
12-23-2006, 09:35 PM
kingpest19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
What happened?

As per the team: Maybe the Buffalo ***-whooping woke them up?
Hartnell's stick got caught up in the jersey of Cloutier, innocent looking play. Cloutier goes ape spears Hartnell and then starts girly slapping Hartnell. I apologize on behalf of Kings fans for Cloutiers girl slaps.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 09:38 PM
nashtrash25

Dumont's first goal is one of the sickest things I've ever seen. If it's not No. 1 on Sportscenter's top 10 plays, it's a crime.

He was coming down the right wing 1-on-1, took a hard slap shot that hit the post. He skates in, bats it out of the air, it caroms off Cloutier and he bats it out of the air again into the net. The odds of doing that twice close into the net like that have to be 100,000 to 1.

nashtrash25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 09:47 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtrash25 View Post
Dumont's first goal is one of the sickest things I've ever seen. If it's not No. 1 on Sportscenter's top 10 plays, it's a crime.

He was coming down the right wing 1-on-1, took a hard slap shot that hit the post. He skates in, bats it out of the air, it caroms off Cloutier and he bats it out of the air again into the net. The odds of doing that twice close into the net like that have to be 100,000 to 1.
Won't make highlight because it was against Cloutier.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Won't make highlight because it was against Cloutier.
Never a truer statement has been spoken

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Wow, we pretty much dominated that game. If we play like that, there isn't a team in this league that can beat us. I really do not think a single player had a weak game, everyone played very good.

Best game of Zanon's NHL career....

12-23-2006, 11:35 PM
irisheyes555

as a post script: i received a free ticket from a stranger while standing in line to purchase one. then by-chance run into a friend of mine and his daughter in the same section(so i sit with them instead). then kariya comes out and signs autographs after the game.

things do seem to work in 3's. i didn't asked for an autograph, just congratulated paul on a good game and wished him a merry christmas.

was that rebound goal off the post sick or what????

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 01:48 AM
beautypersoni

I think the Kings need to convince Kelly Hrudey to come out of retirement. Or maybe the Preds could trade Karl Goehring to L.A. for future considerations.

Anyhoo...

beautypersoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 11:04 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

for my money, that first dumont goal is about the goal of the year so far for the preds.

shot, hit the post, batted it out of the air, hit the post again, batted it out of the air again and into the net.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Last night's game had it all...
- 7-0 victory
- FREE TACOS!!!
- A goalie (Cloutier) coming out of his crease to "fight" a player
- Not one, but TWO PENALTY SHOTS
- Not one, but TWO HIGH STICKS RESULTING IN STITCHES
- Dumont's show of hand-eye coordination on his first goal
- Arnott showing that he, not Sullivan should be on the PP point
- Radulov showing his playmaking abilities with three assists
- Nordstrom and Tootoo undressing to fight before having a linesman jump in prematurely
- Santa GNASH fufilling every man's dream by pulling not one, BUT TWO Puck Patrol cheerleaders out of his bag
- Mason getting his third shutout of the season...he definitely earned it...regardless of the final score
- Los Angeles showing us both of their goalies after Cloutier lost his head
- Oh, did I mention FREE TACOS!!! (I guess I already did )

Great way to forget about the drubbing Buffalo delivered here Thursday night.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 11:29 AM
handtrick

Here is the Cloutier video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5nmSan5vUY

Couple things come to mind....

I can't tell if that is a blocker or purse that he is swinging at Hartnell...

Hartnell pushes him down like you push down your little brother so you don't hurt him as he is harmlessly flailing away at you.....

The Kings announcers are the biggest apologists I have ever heard......

Anybody get the feeling that Cloutier was just saying to Crawford....if you don't want to pull me out from this embarrassment....I'll just do it myself.....

I feel for any Kings fan right now.....I really do....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Bad Karma

They are calling for him to be traded and for Crawford to go with him on letsgokings.com, funny stuff they are hating being a fan.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Anybody get the feeling that Cloutier was just saying to Crawford....if you don't want to pull me out from this embarrassment....I'll just do it myself.....
That's exactly what I was thinking when he came out of his net at Hartnell. I'm sure Brust was ready anyways...he just jumped right on the ice before things were separated and started stretching out.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Pred303

Some Observations

you have to love looking at our team stat sheet this morning..

..first game we've ever had three guys with two goals each..

..all with legitimate chances for the hattrick. was refreshing to see us really work as a team that last period to try to do two things. 1)get mason the shutout of course, 2) how hard everyone worked to try to get arnott, dumont and legwand all three a hattrick. kariya passed up no less than three shots to get the puck to legwand late in the game. on the pp's in the third, basically all we did was try to pass the puck around to find dumont and arnott and get them theirs. this is the kind of stuff you like to see from teammates. made me proud of sully and kariya especially to watch them try.

..radulov looking much better on his skates recently. couple of nice little moves to generate shots and scoring chances last night. three assist is a good nights work and reward.

..kariya's goal was a piece of artwork. booming shot from rads causing a hot rebound. kariya driving to the net full speed kicks it with his right skate straight onto his forehand and in the net. this was a high skill move, that not many could pull off

..dumont's off the post, out of the air, off of cloutier, back out of the air rebound goal. wow

...scoring was of course spread out, but it was also concentrated in a strange way. dumont 4, leggy 3, sully 3, radulov 3, arnott 2, kariya 2, timonen and zids 1 each. normally you see 7 goals, you see many more people on the scoresheet.

...3 pp goals, a shorty, and 3 even strength goals.. that's dominating.

...have to continue to hand it to the pk. 16:51 of pk time. 0 for 9. the pk contnues to be the single most impreesive thing the team is doing night in and night out. legwand, smithson, sully, hamhuis, suter, zanon, timonen each with over 5 minutes pk time each. all were great, add in a couple of great pk shifts for hartnell and vasicek. and top it off with mason going 17 for 17 on the pk. wow again.

...two penalty shots in one game. first time in our history of course, and about as rare a thing as you'll see in hockey.

...kariya has now unbelievably been stopped on his last 6 penalty shots. a 75% + guy in shootouts, going 0 for his last 6 makes little sense.

...i would hope legwand nailing that penalty shot would make trotz at least consider using him as the number three or at least four shooter in our next shootout. good hands on the 7th goal from legwand as well. that rebound was behind the post, having to go backhand to forehand and getting it tucked in before the goalie can get back takes hands.

..smithson played well on the pk, but lord it seems he takes too many penalties. kind of stuff that can hurt you in close games at times.

...i thought erat skated well, but he's really having a little scoring slump right now as far as finding the net. bad angle on that empty netter, just looks a little out of sinc shooting the puck right now. he's better than this.

...arnott has the best slapshot and most accurate one timer on the team among our forwards. he's big and we want him down low because of it, but his strongest pp position is out there on the wing in the umbrella where he can get that onetimer if the puck gets reversed to him.

..us with 37 pp goals in 36 games now. in this year of reduced number of pp goals and chances, not many team are at or above 1 pp goal per game. (only 7 teams to be exact).

...i keep harping on statistically what a big goal the first goal of the game is in the league right now with so many trapping/ slow down the game teams that use the first goal to dictate the flow of the rest of the game. as of right now, there are only 4 teams in the league that have a greater than .500 winning percentage when the other team scores the first goal of the game. look at the 4 teams. ANA, BUF, NSH, SJ. notice anything? the four best overall teams in the league in my mind.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 07:07 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Cloutier should get 9 games, he clearly punched Hartnell in the neck/side of the face when Hartnell wasn't looking.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 02:29 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I have a question: does Brust have a giant turd painted on his mask?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I have a question: does Brust have a giant turd painted on his mask?

It's jabba the hut

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 11:21 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
It's jabba the hut
it was a joke.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 11:28 AM
AdsSabresRule

[QUOTE=SLake;7453681]Last night's game had it all...

- Dumont's show of hand-eye coordination on his first goal
QUOTE]

Like I said before...you guys will be really pleased with J.P. He is a steal if you ask me...

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote