HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2013, 04:22 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If you guys are afraid to give Pacioretty, Beaulieu and 1rd pick for Kane, you guys will have to get used to minor move!

Kane is a better fit for us, Beaulieu has a lot of question marks and the first round pick is not always a homerun.
If you want to give Pacioretty, Beaulieu and a 1st rounder for Kane, you guys should get used to a minor move, because that one doesn't make any freaking sense whatsover.

Head for the Flyers board if all you want is BIG DEEAAL!

Old
11-18-2013, 04:24 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
With that package I would want kane lowry and something else...

Old
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

What is so much precious for you in Pacioretty, Beaulieu or first round pick?

Kane is way better than Pac, and to get something good, you have to give something.

Old
11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
MXD

Quote:

Kane is way better than Pac, and to get something good, you have to give something.
And how's Kane so good exactly?

As the guy above said... Add Lowry, and then, possibly...

Old
11-18-2013, 04:27 PM
TT1

Quote:
If you guys are afraid to give Pacioretty, Beaulieu and 1rd pick for Kane, you guys will have to get used to minor move!

Kane is a better fit for us, Beaulieu has a lot of question marks and the first round pick is not always a homerun.
winnipeg already has alot of good PMD's, they would never ask for beaulieu over tinordi. valuewise kane + 1st for patches + tinordi is fair imo. i wouldnt do that deal because tinordi is the exact type of player that we need on our d-core and offensively patches has outperformed kane thus far

but yea player for player i would take kane over patches just because hes more physically imposing, i wouldnt give up any pieces that would help us in the future tho. patches + 1st is the most i would offer
ideally i would rather give up eller +, its much easier to find a 2C then a top 6 PWF

Last edited by TT1: 11-18-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Odelein24

Quote:

It's a high price to pay because you're, IMO, giving up 3 quality assets for 1 in whats amounts to a lateral move.

Old
11-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Just an FYI, the 4thperiod sucks.

Old
11-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Andy

The fourth period has never been accurate on anything. Literally, its worse than hockeybuzz. The site manager is a biased habs fans that gets his sources from other Habs fans wishes, especially this board.

Old
11-18-2013, 04:56 PM
S Bah

The day has long since passed that trading for Kane is worth pursuing, same with Bogosian, it would take some serious work to break the bad habits acquired while toiling in Winnipeg. That said the Habs have talent in Hamilton learning the Habs system and becoming very solid defence prospects for them.

The drafting of McCarron and Connor Crisp will offset the grit I perceived they needed in E. Kane. The offence will come from many sources besides the Egg line, De la Rose is a player that could become a part of another line with scoring prowess. Defence being the key to good offence, knowledge not lost in the Habs system.

Collberg is no doubt the best prospect the Habs have in their immediate future and with fellow Swede De la Rose making 2/3 rds. of a potential line. Leaving a hole at LW, which could be filled by Bournival, his speed, checking, and tenacious take no prisoners play would mesh well with the two Swedes IMO. Thus making a good 3rd line as they break into the NHL and learn by experience, without the pressures to produce evident when playing top six minutes.

Obviously my point here is the Habs have prospects in their system, they aren't without options and better options than forcing events that can occur naturally. Bergevin's patient approach is working without trading players that haven't reached their eventual potential or draft choices that weaken the team.

Now that most of the players are back from their injuries, the Habs have an opportunity to watch the team produce and evaluate the talent. After the GM sees their progress is when to decide if moves need to be made or not, and whether our own prospects can fill any needs.

My thinking is the Habs have the players on the team or coming through the system already and trades aren't necessary unless it's one to good to pass up. Usually anything that looks to good to pass up has flies on it and teams are trying to unload horse manure, something ice hockey doesn't need.

In closing unless Bergevin can get draft choices for players that don't fill needs, don't trade.

Old
11-18-2013, 08:12 PM
otto bond

I guess with all those prospect and picks, we will maybe have a decent team in 4-5 years.

Old
11-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Ubercron9000

what would it take to get barkov?Pleks, eller, beaulieu and a 1st?

Old
11-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Odelein24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
what would it take to get barkov?Pleks, eller, beaulieu and a 1st?
In other words, way too much.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Aceekay

Quote:

Kane has never proven to be better than max, the only thing Kane has on pacioretty is youth

Old
11-19-2013, 12:30 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Good GMs rarely trade for players at their peak value. Kane is young and talented and his price is too high. It's much easier to acquire a top 10 pick and just build within.

In case of helping now you look for players who would thrive under your system, not just a sexy name.

Kane has become too popular to deal for.

Hannibal is right though, sometimes you gotta overpay but giving max++ for Kane is not the one I'd be looking for.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:55 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The day has long since passed that trading for Kane is worth pursuing, same with Bogosian, it would take some serious work to break the bad habits acquired while toiling in Winnipeg. That said the Habs have talent in Hamilton learning the Habs system and becoming very solid defence prospects for them.

The drafting of McCarron and Connor Crisp will offset the grit I perceived they needed in E. Kane. The offence will come from many sources besides the Egg line, De la Rose is a player that could become a part of another line with scoring prowess. Defence being the key to good offence, knowledge not lost in the Habs system.

Collberg is no doubt the best prospect the Habs have in their immediate future and with fellow Swede De la Rose making 2/3 rds. of a potential line. Leaving a hole at LW, which could be filled by Bournival, his speed, checking, and tenacious take no prisoners play would mesh well with the two Swedes IMO. Thus making a good 3rd line as they break into the NHL and learn by experience, without the pressures to produce evident when playing top six minutes.

Obviously my point here is the Habs have prospects in their system, they aren't without options and better options than forcing events that can occur naturally. Bergevin's patient approach is working without trading players that haven't reached their eventual potential or draft choices that weaken the team.

Now that most of the players are back from their injuries, the Habs have an opportunity to watch the team produce and evaluate the talent. After the GM sees their progress is when to decide if moves need to be made or not, and whether our own prospects can fill any needs.

My thinking is the Habs have the players on the team or coming through the system already and trades aren't necessary unless it's one to good to pass up. Usually anything that looks to good to pass up has flies on it and teams are trying to unload horse manure, something ice hockey doesn't need.

In closing unless Bergevin can get draft choices for players that don't fill needs, don't trade.
I think waiting for all these prospects to develop is not a good idea, not entirely. Most great teams do not become so with merely guys brought up in their own organizations, there are usually trades and signings that have monumental impacts that push teams over the top. It's about find the right balance and having the right GM to pull these moves off. As it stands, I am not sure if Montreal has enough dynamic talent on offense in their prospect pool to skimp by on such, nor do we have enough defensive options to lay pat. At some point, a big move will have to be made.

That being said, I agree that trading for Evander Kane is not really the move I have in mind. I dunno, even in his days with Giants back home in Vancouver, he always came off as a narcissistic ****** bag. I am all for having skill with our "character," in fact I value it more than anything, but sometimes I wonder when the other issues start overlapping the talent at hand.

Old
11-19-2013, 09:16 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
This has probably been asked already but would you do Desharnais for Liles?

Old
11-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Kane has never proven to be better than max, the only thing Kane has on pacioretty is youth
Add toughness and willingness to go in the corner and crashing the net.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Ubercron9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Good GMs rarely trade for players at their peak value. Kane is young and talented and his price is too high. It's much easier to acquire a top 10 pick and just build within.

In case of helping now you look for players who would thrive under your system, not just a sexy name.

Kane has become too popular to deal for.

Hannibal is right though, sometimes you gotta overpay but giving max++ for Kane is not the one I'd be looking for.
So do you think edmonton would be a good trading partner? They might get another top 10 pick. They need veterans. But I guess to get it we might need to add some prospects.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

The only thing Kane has been better than Pacioretty as is being a headache for the Jets.

Unless they let him go at 60 cents on the doallar I want nothing to do with him...and not for Pacioretty.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:10 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Add toughness and willingness to go in the corner and crashing the net.
And despite that, still can't produce more. Weird.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
So do you think edmonton would be a good trading partner?
I've seen where a lot of GMs were surprised that EDM had Smid available and they didn't know it. What are they thinking?

A good trading partner for us is one who has salary cap room and who has a similar infatuation with small-framed forwards.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Big Lurk

Quote:
Nobody wants to answer that question

I would. DD's contract is longer. And Liles on the team means no more Bouillon on the PP.

Is Liles that bad though? or its nothing but a C thang?

(C meaning cap)

Old
11-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Bieber fever

Pacioretty for Yakupov

Old
11-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The only thing Kane has been better than Pacioretty as is being a headache for the Jets.

Unless they let him go at 60 cents on the doallar I want nothing to do with him...and not for Pacioretty.
Says who?

Jets fans wouldn't even trade Patches for Kane straight up so I doubt Kane is really a problem for the Jets and their fans.

If you think Kane is a headache is a problem for the Jets, I guess PK is also a problem for the Habs?

Kane is not a guy that depends on his linemates to be productive, he will crash the net and create his own space/chances, unlike Max who is more of a sniper and needs someone to feed him the puck.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Noob616

Quote:
Think I probably would, Liles' contract is up sooner and he'd be a decent guy on the 2nd wave PP if we're not putting Emelin there.

Closed Thread