HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#21 - 11/19/13 | Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG 2, NBC SPORTS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2013, 09:31 AM
  #51
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Home games on MSG2 make me sad.
Yeah, I mean, does anyone really care about the Knicks right now?

I sure don't.

I do fantasy basketball, but have zero interest in actually watching the games. Stats, baby, it's all about stats!

KreiMeARiver* is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:35 AM
  #52
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 500
Not a fan of these changes..

Hags should play on the 3rd..

Found at another messageboard;

Quote:
In the NY Post, Larry Brooks wonders how the Rangers lines will shake out when Rick Nash returns to the Rangers lineup.

Brooks says that Nash will either play with Chris Kreider and Derek Stepan or with Carl Hagelin and Brad Richards, with Ryan Callahan going to play with Kreider and Stepan.

Either of those lines would mean that Mats Zuccarello will drop to the third line, likely with Brian Boyle and Derick Brassard.

Nash started training camp, while Stepan was not there, with Richards and Kreider.

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:35 AM
  #53
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Yeah, I mean, does anyone really care about the Knicks right now?

I sure don't.

I do fantasy basketball, but have zero interest in actually watching the games. Stats, baby, it's all about stats!
More people care about the Knicks than the Rangers. Thats the way its been, is now, and forever shall be.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
  #54
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Not a fan of these changes..

Hags should play on the 3rd..

Found at another messageboard;
I, for one, am shocked that you'd advocate moving better players down in the lineup in favor of Zuccarello.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:47 AM
  #55
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Not a fan of these changes..

Hags should play on the 3rd..

Found at another messageboard;

This was a article written by Brooks a week ago where he reasoned that Zucc was the odd man out of the top 6.

I'm not saying that he's not right, but I also hope that AV has the presence of mind to not play the names, but the players

Idlerlee is online now  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:49 AM
  #56
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I, for one, am shocked that you'd advocate moving better players down in the lineup in favor of Zuccarello.
Considering most people on this forum was all about how Callahan was a 3rd line C the entire last season, I dont see that as a bad argument.

Has Callahan done anything to stay in the top6 over the last 12 games compared to others who have produced more ? But for the sake of removing the little bit of elitism that the word top6 implies, lets call it top9 so no one gets hurt


Last edited by Idlerlee: 11-19-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: top9
Idlerlee is online now  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:51 AM
  #57
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
Considering most people on this forum was all about how Callahan was a 3rd line C the entire last season, I dont see that as a bad argument.

Has Callahan done anything to stay in the top6 over the last 12 games compared to others who have produced more ?
Let me get this straight, are you saying Zuccarello is a better player than Callahan? Because you'd be wrong.

The only reason this may happen is because Callahan's all-around game could help anywhere in the lineup, and Zuccarello needs the crutch of better players around him to remain viable in the NHL.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
  #58
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Let me get this straight, are you saying Zuccarello is a better player than Callahan? Because you'd be wrong.

The only reason this may happen is because Callahan's all-around game could help anywhere in the lineup, and Zuccarello needs the crutch of better players around him to remain viable in the NHL.
I'm not, I just pointed out that he's happened to produce more than Callahan lately. But you're right, he's obviously been carried by Stepan and Kreider, should be waived immdiately

Idlerlee is online now  
Old
11-19-2013, 09:56 AM
  #59
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
I'm not, I just pointed out that he's happened to produce more than Callahan lately. But you're right, he's obviously been carried by Stepan and Kreider, should be waived immdiately
Zuccarello has 2 more points in 7 more games.

The team is 20 games into the season. What is this "lately" nonsense? I'd likely lean towards keeping Zuccarello in the top 6, but it has a lot more to do with him being useless in the lineup anywhere else, than him being a better RW than the other options.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:02 AM
  #60
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,244
vCash: 500
When was the last time the Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello line scored? Two weeks ago against the Pens?

Gladly move Zucc off that line for Nash. Kreider can provide what Hags does in backing defenders up with his speed and puck retrieval and Stepan/Nash have played well together.

However, early in the year Richards/Nash showed some chemistry and Hagelin with Nash is effective.

Either way it will be nice to have him back, whether it's tonight or Thursday. My gut tells me Zucc is the odd man out. Which might be ok if he brings his tenacity top the third line it might jump start them.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:03 AM
  #61
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 17,257
vCash: 500
I like the concept of Brassard and Zuccarello together, but I don't want to breakup Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello. They haven't really been putting points up recently (well, who has?) but they look good together.

Might not want to rush Nash into 1st line minutes in his first game back, either.

Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Miller - Brassard - Nash
Dorsett - Moore - Boyle

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:03 AM
  #62
Ail
Girardi Sucks
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Or, the Rangers can play a consistently tough and gritty game like most of the good teams in the NHL (like Boston) do on a regular basis, and let the chips fall where they may. I don't see the point in concerning yourself with pre-emptive or reactionary strikes.
Boston lost Eriksson earlier to a headshot, a quick recovery but still man games lost. The Sharks lost Boyle.

It's not about playing like the good teams do, even good teams lose players. The difference between good teams and the Rangers is that they don't have the depth to lose their star forward for 17 games or potentially more and be competitive.

Rick Nash was targeted twice in the past year. How many times before it matters? Will you sing the same tune if Nash gets early retirement and the Rangers are stuck with his contract for nothing? I doubt it.

Also, I didn't say anything about pre-emptive strikes. I just said fighting after the fact is too late, that doesn't mean I want them to do something stupid first. Focus on winning until Boston or whomever decides they are going to play dirty. However you bet your ass that if they put another Ranger out of the game with a careless hit I want the focus turned to making a statement because enough is enough.

Ail is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
  #63
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,424
vCash: 50
This can either be kinda good, or really really awful. Here's hoping for the former.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:14 AM
  #64
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Boston lost Eriksson earlier to a headshot, a quick recovery but still man games lost. The Sharks lost Boyle.

It's not about playing like the good teams do, even good teams lose players. The difference between good teams and the Rangers is that they don't have the depth to lose their star forward for 17 games or potentially more and be competitive.

Rick Nash was targeted twice in the past year. How many times before it matters? Will you sing the same tune if Nash gets early retirement and the Rangers are stuck with his contract for nothing? I doubt it.

Also, I didn't say anything about pre-emptive strikes. I just said fighting after the fact is too late, that doesn't mean I want them to do something stupid first. Focus on winning until Boston or whomever decides they are going to play dirty. However you bet your ass that if they put another Ranger out of the game with a careless hit I want the focus turned to making a statement because enough is enough.
It's why we need a guy like McIlrath in our lineup and have needed one for a long time. He's going to end up dealing with Lucic in time and I'm excited for it, granted he may lose but Lucic will at least feel some pain. Having a guy like that who is a heavy weight and won't shy away puts a lot of people in check.

They don't become available often when they can actually fight and skate. That's the issue we always have, guys that are close to washed up as our answer.

It's the best insurance policy you can have.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:17 AM
  #65
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 11,799
vCash: 500
@PLeonardNYDN: Taylor Pyatt on ice for morning skate. Has been out since concussion in Columbus Nov. 7

Ugh...

nevesis is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:22 AM
  #66
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,908
vCash: 500
Getting Pyatt back is great if only for the fact it can finally get Miller back to the AHL.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:25 AM
  #67
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 11,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Getting Pyatt back is great if only for the fact it can finally get Miller back to the AHL.
Interesting opinion you have there.

nevesis is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:26 AM
  #68
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 11,799
vCash: 500
“@AGrossRecord: Rick Nash on the ice for morning skate.”

nevesis is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:26 AM
  #69
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Getting Pyatt back is great if only for the fact it can finally get Miller back to the AHL.
Agreed, although I think we are in the minority here. Far too many prefer upside vs. the reality of their lack of production and, most importantly, the proper development of a young player.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:27 AM
  #70
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Please, please don't let Nash back into the lineup against a heavy team like Boston. Seriously a disaster waiting to happen. It's only 1 game, they're not even in the division

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:27 AM
  #71
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Interesting opinion you have there.
Its the right one. Especially with your projecting some sort of fantasy onto the player Miller is right now, which is a guy who is not ready for the NHL and needs to develop properly.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:28 AM
  #72
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@AGrossRecord: Rick Nash on the ice for morning skate.
****.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:29 AM
  #73
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 11,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Please, please don't let Nash back into the lineup against a heavy team like Boston. Seriously a disaster waiting to happen. It's only 1 game, they're not even in the division
I was thinking the same thing, i'd much rather him start in Dallas on Thursday.

nevesis is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:32 AM
  #74
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 17,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Getting Pyatt back is great if only for the fact it can finally get Miller back to the AHL.
Preach.

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-19-2013, 10:35 AM
  #75
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Interesting opinion you have there.
That I want a 4th liner on the 4th line? Yeah. I'm bananas.

Trxjw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.