HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev.

Old
12-22-2006, 12:13 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
Even if kovalev is not playing at his best, having a kovalev in your lineup is extremely important because other teams well allways have an eye on him. We saw what happen to our team last year when he was out because he took surgery. Kovalev will never lead the league in points or even goals but hes still a very good player because he can do so many things on the ice and not every one has kovalev ability. Ive never ever critisize him since his arival in montreal because I know what he brings to the team and I dont expect more. Seing him smile on the bench is great. He deserve alot more credit than what hes getting right now. Its allways been this way with kovalev. Never or hardly got any credit his hole carrer up to date. Hes played with jagr,messier,lemieux. Allways been the overlook guy.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:22 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayOffBeard View Post
has anyone else noticed he actually took the puck at the end of the game and gave it to Abby for his 100th win in the league? Despite what 110% or RDS says, he is a team player.
Didnt saw that, RDS and french media are ignoring him since the "supposed" Claude Julien incident.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
He and Samsonov are smiling a lot more because they are involved with the team now. Samsonov is passing very well and has great chemistry with everyone. Both he and Kovy arent trying to do it all on their own anymore. Team and that what they are.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:28 PM
GoHabsGO252006

This thread made me remember the move he made against Buffalo....He didn't score but it was one of the sickest moves i've ever seen. He deeked the guy out of his jock.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Chiyo
トラ・トラ・トラ

Alex is in a very good mood these days.. and he wishes you all a Merry Christmas !

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=1...06ab4G06122210

Chiyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Him, Samsonov and Plekanec have turned it up a notch. It's great to see as I have the utmost respect for Kovalev.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
But yeah, kovy is smiling more and I believe he is skating better as well.

It may be a sign that his bothersome knee is coming around.

Best answer so far imo. Just watch him skates, his skating is a looot more powerful and fluid recently. He use center ice again to make plays instead of staying on his right side without skating all the time.

And that open the ice for Plekanec and Samsonov, both been good skaters.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 02:56 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e View Post
yey kovalev's been smiling a lot lately...what's going on..
Just more sex !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro oop007 View Post
Maybe he's been thinking about The Donalds remarks about Rosie?
lol

Donald Trump is the man

That has to be the funniest **** I ever heard any celebrity tell another one...

"Rosie better watch out, or I'll send a girl to pick up her girlfriend... I dont think it'll be that difficult to do that"

DONALD!DONALD!DONALD!DONALD!DONALD!DONALD!DONALD!D ONALD!DONALD!DONALD!

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Normal, Carbonneau is finally using him on every powerplay, and most of the time he stays the 2 minutes. That's what Kovalev was born for, to control the powerplay, let him on the ice for 2 mins and he's happy.
Most importantly, he's producing and the team wins.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 05:41 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

It's great to see Kovalev back and like others have said, it seemed to have stared "cliking" when he was on the powerplay with Saku the other day. It was like two long-lost brothers meeting. I don't remember if it was against Tampa or Pittsburgh but Carbo had set-up a nice sets of powerplay teams with Saku-Ryder-Kovy for one and putting Higgins with Lats and Sammy for the other and with it you had two dangerous combo and the other team was losing their minds outthere. It was beautiful. So I don't understand why Carbo changed it the last game played. The result? We played like crap on the powerplay last game and lost the match.

Personaly I think that should be our first two lines on 5-on-5 too: reuniting Koivu and Kovalev, along with putting Ryder in there on the first line. And having Higgins play with Lats and Sammy for the second wave.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 07:01 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Even if kovalev is not playing at his best, having a kovalev in your lineup is extremely important because other teams well allways have an eye on him. We saw what happen to our team last year when he was out because he took surgery. Kovalev will never lead the league in points or even goals but hes still a very good player because he can do so many things on the ice and not every one has kovalev ability. Ive never ever critisize him since his arival in montreal because I know what he brings to the team and I dont expect more. Seing him smile on the bench is great. He deserve alot more credit than what hes getting right now. Its allways been this way with kovalev. Never or hardly got any credit his hole carrer up to date. Hes played with jagr,messier,lemieux. Allways been the overlook guy.
I agree 100%. However, after this season, and being 34 by then, and if young Kostitsyn continues to improve; would you trade Kovalev if he could bring us a good #2 center or a good d-man in case we cannot retain all of Rivet, Souray and Markov?

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Alexei Yashvalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1 View Post
I agree 100%. However, after this season, and being 34 by then, and if young Kostitsyn continues to improve; would you trade Kovalev if he could bring us a good #2 center or a good d-man in case we cannot retain all of Rivet, Souray and Markov?
No I really wouldn't.

Alexei Yashvalev is online now   Reply With Quote