HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Labarbera: clears

Old
11-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Mr.Prez
Why not Zoidberg?

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrant View Post
Another great move by Mactavish finally exposed. For all you guys that are screaming "HE SIGNED PERRON!" hes done way more of these bonehead signings.
huh? he didn't...

Mr.Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:14 PM
ohheyhemsky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Another great move by Mactavish finally exposed. For all you guys that are screaming "HE SIGNED PERRON!" hes done way more of these bonehead signings.
Rookie user gets a pass once.

ONCE.

ohheyhemsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:14 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
There must be a few teams looking for goalies, but with the way Labarbera has played this year I bet they'd all be willing to give prospects a chance first. These teams have goalies on the IR:

Carolina: Khudobin, Ward
Chicago: Khabibulin
LA: Quick
Minnesota: Harding
Nashville: Rinne
NYI: Nabakov
Pittsburgh: Vokoun
Harding? You mean Backstrom?

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Vagabond

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond

That is all

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreAstronaut View Post
At least MacT is cleaning up his own mess, rather than leaving it for the next GM.
LOL in the same year he makes it, only a few months later as a matter of fact. Between lolbabera and Grebs, two players most rational people thought were idiotic moves he has 2/3 of smids salary.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
It's actually much worse than signing Perron, we traded a younger, cheaper, bigger player plus a 2nd rounder which looks like it is going to be in the range of 30. Perron has been pretty good for us but he is exactly what we have and don't need. Small, skilled forward that gets hurt.

I foolishly believed that one reason we got Perron was so that we could possibly trade one of our younger players for immediate help.

Old
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreAstronaut View Post
At least MacT is cleaning up his own mess, rather than leaving it for the next GM.
Pretty much. People think that every move a GM makes has to be good have no clue. Making low risks signings are just that, some turn out some don't.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:35 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
a pretty obvious move

hopefully Bryz shows that he can be a solid goalie

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
It's actually much worse than signing Perron, we traded a younger, cheaper, taller, though inferior and less effective player plus a 2nd rounder which looks like it is going to be in the range of 30. Perron has been pretty good for us but he is exactly what we have and don't need. Small, skilled forward that gets hurt.

I foolishly believed that one reason we got Perron was so that we could possibly trade one of our younger players for immediate help.
Fixed it a bit for you.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:43 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

All our other flaws aside. I still think the biggest reason this team has failed this year is Goaltending. Dubs had a brutal start and Labarbera was horrible. Between the two they cost us 4 wins for sure. IF we are 9-11, well no one would be exited, but no one would be that disapointed either.

That being Said Dubs has turned a corner and Bryz will be a massive upgrade on Labarbera. here is hoping the rest of the year we see 500 hockey at least.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Pennertration

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really, really, really hope he is claimed ... worst Oiler goalie since Conklin.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:02 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's actually much worse than signing Perron, we traded a younger, cheaper, bigger player plus a 2nd rounder which looks like it is going to be in the range of 30. Perron has been pretty good for us but he is exactly what we have and don't need. Small, skilled forward that gets hurt.

Couldn't disagree more. First of all Perron isn't that small, second he plays with a ton of grit. I could care less how big a player is if they play like they are small. Perron is exaclty what this team needs. He has been a great addition. Any one who watched how pumped he was to score the game winner on sat realizes that he is exaclty what we need.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:03 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Harding? You mean Backstrom?
Yes, yes I do.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:40 AM
yukoner88

Quote:

must object to this statement. Paajarvi did not play with his size and did not go to the areas to grind it out in the corners. He did not go to the net and raise hell with the other teams' goalies and defensemen. Perron has been doing those things and we need more of that to be able to compete, especially in a division with 3 big bodied teams like San Jose, LA an Anaheim

yukoner88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Good riddance, should've signed Bryzgalov from the start and not cost us Smid.
It didn't cost us Smid.

That was a bullsh** excuse to justify a trade that doesn't make any sense.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Fixed it a bit for you.
Sure he is less effective as a 22 year old. Peron is the better player right now, except he is not the type of player we need. Not the type of player we should be giving assets up for, especially if the GM is declaring that we are not trading any of our other core young players.

Our needs at the time, Dman with size, forward with size, goalie depth. Things we don't need, skilled smaller wingers. thus we trade away assets in MPS and a 2nd rounder for the thing we do not need.

Old
11-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
must object to this statement. Paajarvi did not play with his size and did not go to the areas to grind it out in the corners. He did not go to the net and raise hell with the other teams' goalies and defensemen. Perron has been doing those things and we need more of that to be able to compete, especially in a division with 3 big bodied teams like San Jose, LA an Anaheim
No incorrect, at times MPs did go to tough areas, Perron is small, injury prone and skilled just like the rest of our forwards. Big bodied teams eat the oilers lunch as a rule, why? Becasue we have a bunch of shrimpkins trying to compete with them. Hey Perron is a nice player, I don't dislike him. He's just not the kind of player we should have been using assets to acquire.

Old
11-19-2013, 10:08 AM
joestevens29

Perron is a pest that can play at both ends of the ice, how is that something we don't need? He draws penalties and causes headaches for goalies and players during the play and after the play.

Old
11-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Couldn't disagree more. First of all Perron isn't that small, second he plays with a ton of grit. I could care less how big a player is if they play like they are small. Perron is exaclty what this team needs. He has been a great addition. Any one who watched how pumped he was to score the game winner on sat realizes that he is exaclty what we need.
RNH 6'1" - 180
Gagner 5'11" - 202
Eberle 5'11" - 180
Hall 6'1" - 201
Hemksy 6' - 185
Yakupov 5'11" - 186
Perron 6' - 198

No, 'exactly' what we need is a 6'4" dman who is competent, a 6'4" forward who can pot some goals and by physical or a goalie.

As I said, if the Oilers had it in their mind to move one or more of the guys i listed above to get what they need then the Perron trade would be fine. He's a good player, he's also pretty well what we already have with a wee bit more agitation.

Old
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
RNH 6'1" - 180
Gagner 5'11" - 202
Eberle 5'11" - 180
Hall 6'1" - 201
Hemksy 6' - 185
Yakupov 5'11" - 186
Perron 6' - 198

No, 'exactly' what we need is a 6'4" dman who is competent, a 6'4" forward who can pot some goals and by physical or a goalie.

As I said, if the Oilers had it in their mind to move one or more of the guys i listed above to get what they need then the Perron trade would be fine. He's a good player, he's also pretty well what we already have with a wee bit more agitation.
A wee bit

Our muckers and grinders don't even agitate like Perron or as much

Old
11-19-2013, 10:13 AM
clayton magnet
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Perron is a pest that can play at both ends of the ice, how is that something we don't need? He draws penalties and causes headaches for goalies and players during the play and after the play.
I agree 100%

Perron was a great addition to this team - he plays a little dirty and gets people to take stupid penalties. If the Oilers had a powerplay as good as last year - they would probably be playing .500 hockey at this point.

clayton magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:05 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 35s

Both Yannick Weber (Van) and Jason LaBarbera (Edm) cleared waivers
****, I was really hoping someone would grab him

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:05 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:

You forgot "softer and basically useless right now" in your description of Pajaarvi.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Pennertration

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
****, I was really hoping someone would grab him
Agreed. Was thinking the recent goalie injuries might help get him out of town, but apparently other GMs have seen him play. Does this mess up the Barons now? Or the development of our goalie prospects?

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
You forgot "softer and basically useless right now" in your description of Pajaarvi.
He's playing on an actual team now, that is one part of the problem. I bet that after a year under hitchcock he comes back as a very useful 3rd line player for years to come. He can skate and has size. In any case I was not opposed to him being traded and Perron is a good player, as I repeat though the two main areas of need. Dman with size that can play and forward with size that can play are once again not addressed and trade chits are gone.