HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/17)

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2013, 06:46 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Duclair now second for goals in the QMJHL and 2 back of Mantha. Duclair was 10 goals behind a month ago.

3rd in goals in the whole CHL.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:19 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
duclair has more goals this year than he did all of last year already.

Old
11-18-2013, 07:52 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The stats in the first post have been updated.

Fogarty missed the Saturday Notre Dame game. Some lower body injury. He skated before the game though so he should be back. He needs to step it up.

Nieves had a pair of assists over the weekend. 6 points in 10 games for him. He's looked pretty good the two times I've watched, but I'd like to see him really turn it up a notch or two.

Skapski is still injured. I haven't been able to find out exactly what the problem is with him. He's missed over a week and a half now. Hopefully he gets back soon. We have Lundqvist, Talbot, and then a bunch of garbage. It would be nice for Skapski to establish himself as a solid prospect.

St. Croix is back down in Greenville. Not surprising, but disappointing. Noreau has missed the past couple games, but I'm not sure why. Injured? Scratched? Anyone know? I sure hope it's not a healthy scratch. If that's the case, he may as well be down with Jason Wilson in the career graveyard that is the CHL.

It's just pain.
Old
11-18-2013, 10:04 AM
AJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Andersson scored two goals for Malmö's J20 team yesterday, in case you want to add those too.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:16 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
Andersson scored two goals for Malmö's J20 team yesterday, in case you want to add those too.
Thanks, got it.

Old
11-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Lindberg Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Fogarty missed the Saturday Notre Dame game. Some lower body injury. He skated before the game though so he should be back. He needs to step it up.

Nieves had a pair of assists over the weekend. 6 points in 10 games for him. He's looked pretty good the two times I've watched, but I'd like to see him really turn it up a notch or two.

Skapski is still injured. I haven't been able to find out exactly what the problem is with him. He's missed over a week and a half now. Hopefully he gets back soon. We have Lundqvist, Talbot, and then a bunch of garbage. It would be nice for Skapski to establish himself as a solid prospect.

St. Croix is back down in Greenville. Not surprising, but disappointing. Noreau has missed the past couple games, but I'm not sure why. Injured? Scratched? Anyone know? I sure hope it's not a healthy scratch. If that's the case, he may as well be down with Jason Wilson in the career graveyard that is the CHL.
Duclair, Donnay, Graves (made the Q super series team)! Skjei, Andersson looking good.

Nieves, Buchevich, Spelling, Noreau, Tambelini - jury still out, Nieves look like a Soph slump. Spelling needs a league.

St croix, Fogarty - disappointing so far. I had a Rucchin ceiling for Forgarty, not so sure anymore.

Old
11-18-2013, 08:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
Duclair, Donnay, Graves (made the Q super series team)! Skjei, Andersson looking good.

Nieves, Buchevich, Spelling, Noreau, Tambelini - jury still out, Nieves look like a Soph slump. Spelling needs a league.

St croix, Fogarty - disappointing so far. I had a Rucchin ceiling for Forgarty, not so sure anymore.
Only thing I disagree with is Buchnevich. He's having a solid season on a bad team in a great league.

Hoping the midtier guys, Nieves in particular, can pick it up and salvage their seasons.

Both St. Croix and Fogarty are longshots in my mind, who are years away if they're going to make it at all.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Foggy is the same age as most AHL rookies, so his inability to play at a high level in the NCAA is disappointing. Every year there's an excuse: his BCHL team is loaded, leaving him on the third line; he's just a freshman even though he's already 19; whatever is the excuse this year. He's been a disappointment so far. Hope he breaks through, but he's not doing well.

St. Croix is dominant at the ECHL level, but isn't getting enough time in the AHL to score. I think next year he'll play well in Hartford.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Hunter Gathers
Good God . . . WHY?

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Has the official 2013/14 Fogarty excuse come out yet or are we still waiting to hear what it is?

Old
11-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel

Quote:

Buchnevich is doing solid for an 18 year old in the KHL so I'd put him with the Duclair/Skjei range. As for Andersson, I hope we can sign him. He's doing fantastic and is our only real offensive defender out of our draftees and is a right handed shot. As for Spelling, still 50/50 mostly on the outs for a contract, but I hope he could get one. Donnay is doing fairly well on the great Otter team this year, same goes with Graves on the not as great but still okay Islanders. Nieves is in a Sophomore slump although he is still putting up points just not as consistent as last year. I still don't like the Tambellini pick and so far hasn't impressed me much, but in defense to the kid he's injured and is a freshman so things may work out in the future. IMO I don't think it will, but who knows. St. Croix will be fine he just needs to adjust. Haven't heard about Noreau and Fogarty is a bust IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Only thing I disagree with is Buchnevich. He's having a solid season on a bad team in a great league.

Hoping the midtier guys, Nieves in particular, can pick it up and salvage their seasons.

Both St. Croix and Fogarty are longshots in my mind, who are years away if they're going to make it at all.
Agreed on Buchnevich, like I said above.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:50 AM
district9
w/e

Duclair was kept off the score sheet in tonight's super series game but I thought he looked very impressive while on the ice. He was throwing his body around and making nice plays away from the puck/defensively. Was nice to see out of him.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:18 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Duclair was kept off the score sheet in tonight's super series game but I thought he looked very impressive while on the ice. He was throwing his body around and making nice plays away from the puck/defensively. Was nice to see out of him.
Just an FYI - Buchnevich is not part of Russian team. Somewhat similar to NHL, Russian team is represented by players from lower leagues since KHL teams didn't release 18 & 19 year-olds who made their roster.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:32 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
He's been a disappointment so far. Hope he breaks through, but he's not doing well.
Is this based on anything other than a lack of points? Maybe he'll be the big, tough, 3rd or 4th line player that everyone has been crying about us being unable to draft.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Has the official 2013/14 Fogarty excuse come out yet or are we still waiting to hear what it is?
The economy.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Foggy is the same age as most AHL rookies, so his inability to play at a high level in the NCAA is disappointing. Every year there's an excuse: his BCHL team is loaded, leaving him on the third line; he's just a freshman even though he's already 19; whatever is the excuse this year. He's been a disappointment so far. Hope he breaks through, but he's not doing well.

St. Croix is dominant at the ECHL level, but isn't getting enough time in the AHL to score. I think next year he'll play well in Hartford.
Yeah, I don't so much care about his offensive numbers really. He is just a sophomore and he is a project, we all knew that. When I saw him play, he looked pretty good. Good hockey IQ, good with the puck, strong on the boards. Every prospect doesn't have to be flashy to make it to the NHL. Every team needs a 4th line center.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:34 PM
nikonsniper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Yeah, I don't so much care about his offensive numbers really. He is just a sophomore and he is a project, we all knew that. When I saw him play, he looked pretty good. Good hockey IQ, good with the puck, strong on the boards. Every prospect doesn't have to be flashy to make it to the NHL. Every team needs a 4th line center.
And i'm perfectly fine with developing a 4th liner every few years we can pay $800k rather than having to go into the open market and pay one $1.5M

Old
11-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
https://twitter.com/stixy18/status/402934298262908928

Quote:
No diggity

Old
11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonsniper View Post
And i'm perfectly fine with developing a 4th liner every few years we can pay $800k rather than having to go into the open market and pay one $1.5M
I would love it for Foggy to become just this, but it seems like he's The Teflon Prospect: no matter what he does, there's an excuse. A bottom-6 college player does not go on to become a bottom-6 NHLer. There are some exceptions, but they are just that: exceptions. And even these exceptions didn't get to the NHL by translating their bottom-6 NCAA careers to bottom-6 NHL careers - they succeeded by showing rapid improvement.

As far as our future top-6 guys go, I have much more faith in Yogan and maybe even in Kantor as well.

Old
11-19-2013, 08:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

St. Croix has played 4 games in the ECHL. While 6 points in 4 games is great, isn't it a little premature to say that he's dominant?

Old
11-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Hunter Gathers
Good God . . . WHY?

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
The economy.

Nice.

Old
11-19-2013, 11:42 PM
RangersHank*

Duclair sounds pretty good, i like it

Old
11-20-2013, 12:25 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Love that both Duclair and Buchnevich are LWs.

Old
11-20-2013, 12:39 AM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Love that both Duclair and Buchnevich are LWs.
Knowing the luck the Rangers have, I guarantee this team will have a log jam at LW and be in dire need of RWers.

Old
11-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
Knowing the luck the Rangers have, I guarantee this team will have a log jam at LW and be in dire need of RWers.

They have Hagelin and Kreider at LW, with MZA as a potential option. Hrivik and Yogan have good chances to play in the NHL, with Bourque an outside option. I don't see anything too intimidating on this list that if either Buch or Duclair make it, they won't get playing time. Players like Yogan and Hrivik can always be packaged to acquire someone at another position or to improve this one in order to open space for a superior young player.

Old
11-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
If they both turn out that well, it would be a good problem to have.

Closed Thread