HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 22| Nashville Predators at Detroit Red Wings | November 19, 2013, 7:30 PM | FSD

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2013, 12:22 PM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

vCash: 500
According to Khan, here are the lines for tonight :

Quote:
Here are the Red Wings lines and defense pairings:

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Todd Bertuzzi

Johan Franzen-Darren Helm-Tomas Tatar

Daniel Cleary-Joakim Andersson-Mikael Samuelsson

Drew Miller-Justin Abdelkader-(rotate in forward)

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Kyle Quincey-Danny DeKeyser

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Brendan Smith (seventh defenseman)

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson
Great news, they are going to keep the Tatar-Helm-Franzen line.
Bad news, Smith is in, but I just wished he played forward, for the heck of it.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

i wish weiss would be heathly i still like the alfie sighing cause hes a good secondary guy but i honestly thought Weiss would thrive here and having them both hurt through out most of the season so far is straining

Old
11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
so, does this mean lashoff is being given preference over Smith? It's messed up if so.

11-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
so, does this mean lashoff is being given preference over Smith? It's messed up if so.
But are you surprised? Andersson is preferred over a lot of players. Andersson sucks. Lashoff sucks. Lashoff has improved this year though. Andersson hasn't.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Lashoff has been better than Smith though.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
silkyjohnson50*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Indeed. I never thought I'd say that to start the year, but Lashoff has been the safer bet thus far. He's still a #7 IMO, but his defensive play has improved from last year and he's pretty simple in moving the puck whereas with Smith you're a little more nervous.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:11 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Lines updated as well as Nashville's lines.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
That's because Lashoff just sits back and does nothing. He's not expected to do anything offensively. And hes not playing with Quincey all the damn time. Babcock loves him some Lashy. Lashoff is a rummy. Smith is a highly talented 1st round pick that has been developed for 4+ years. This again, is poor asset management.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Puddles

I wish they'd play smith with Quincy, that might help quinceys game.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
That's because Lashoff just sits back and does nothing. He's not expected to do anything offensively. And hes not playing with Quincey all the damn time. Babcock loves him some Lashy. Lashoff is a rummy. Smith is a highly talented 1st round pick that has been developed for 4+ years. This again, is poor asset management.
Brendan Smith's talents consist of getting caught up ice, forgetting who he's covering, and then taking a penalty. The guy isn't very bright.

This team could use more guys that sit back and do nothing. As long as they can get the puck to the forwards on the outlet pass, I'm fine with that. The problem is, Smith, Kindl, and Quincey want to be offensive defensemen and each one of them handle the puck like a hand grenade.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Shoalzie

Saw those lineups...can't believe I forgot that they're without Rinne. He's been a thorn in their side for so long. I'm not going to miss him out there.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Brendan Smith's talents consist of getting caught up ice, forgetting who he's covering, and then taking a penalty. The guy isn't very bright.

This team could use more guys that sit back and do nothing. As long as they can get the puck to the forwards on the outlet pass, I'm fine with that. The problem is, Smith, Kindl, and Quincey want to be offensive defensemen and each one of them handle the puck like a hand grenade.
You want more defenseman who just sit back and do nothing? How do you expect us to score goals?

Old
11-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
You want more defenseman who just sit back and do nothing? How do you expect us to score goals?
I said as long as they can make stretch passes and find open forwards, I'm fine with that. That is a key component to scoring more goals. But right now we have guys trying to create offense, and failing to do so, PLUS they're becoming liabilities defensively. We don't need our defense carrying the puck into the zone and trying to make something happen themselves. Give the forwards a chance to gain the zone cleanly, and sustain pressure. The goals will come, from the forwards and defense.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:09 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well well well we meet again. Too bad I have no more ill will towards you all (Chicago has taken all of that). I would predict a Preds win in ot/so but with no Rinne it's been a total crap shoot. But we did just beat the Hawks the other night 7-2 so that counts for something.

Interested to see Alfie in the Wings uni. You all get to see Jones for us as well.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:12 PM
silkyjohnson50*

Quote:
Look I'm hoping Smith turns it around as much as the next guy, but he's flat out been bad this season. Usually guys who regularly get caught pinching and out of position are dangerous offensively. Smith? Nope. He's just been stuck in no man's land all year long. He's not dangerous with the puck and he's not good defensively. That's a combo that adds up to disaster, which he's been. He struggles to even handle the puck cleanly, which is a big reason why he isn't used on the PP.

Lashoff is what he is, but he's a safer player than Smith this year and to me it hasn't even really been close.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:14 PM
SimplySolace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well well well we meet again. Too bad I have no more ill will towards you all (Chicago has taken all of that). I would predict a Preds win in ot/so but with no Rinne it's been a total crap shoot. But we did just beat the Hawks the other night 7-2 so that counts for something.

Interested to see Alfie in the Wings uni. You all get to see Jones for us as well.
Alfie is out maybe next time.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:18 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySolace View Post
Alfie is out maybe next time.
Well hell. That's good news for us though, but we have rinne out for quite a while so that's good for you all. Should be a good game I hope.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Indeed. I never thought I'd say that to start the year, but Lashoff has been the safer bet thus far. He's still a #7 IMO, but his defensive play has improved from last year and he's pretty simple in moving the puck whereas with Smith you're a little more nervous.
Lashoff sees very little ES ice time, though, and is never in situations where he's asked to handle the puck. It's the same reason Lebda, Liles, and others have looked good while here - they've been used very carefully. Smith has been asked to play much tougher minutes, and with more responsibility with the puck.

Also, just a general comment here, but Smith's PIMs are overblown. The majority (11 of 19) came in his last game. Until that he had 8 pims in ten games. Still high, but not scary high as it looks right now.

Quote:
Yeah, we need guys to get the puck out of our zone and up the ice. It's not just scoring goals, but pushing the play to the other end and making the other team work harder. Maybe it's just me, but it always seems more exhausting to play defense all game than to be on the other side of it.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:03 PM
DeYarmond Edison
Subtle Interference

vCash: 400
Going to the Joe tonight. Really hoping for the win for my pops' bday! Go Wings.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:13 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 3 min
#RedWings Drew Miller has more goals (7) and points (11) vs. @PredsNHL than any other club. He scored his first NHL goal vs. NSH in 2007.
hopefully this time could kickstart him out of his slump that is going on for second season.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:15 PM
TatarTangle

Hopefully Datsyuk and Zetterberg look refreshed after the time off. I really hope they do.

Looking forward to Franzen - Helm - Tatar. Can Franzen string three good games in a row?

Old
11-19-2013, 05:16 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

I feel the Red Wings Nation needs a little motivation; players, brass, fans, everyone...

I would also like to add a little sage advice: scoring more goals than the other team at the end of three four? periods will lead to something good happening... I sort of forget what that exactly is.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:17 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
hopefully this time could kickstart him out of his slump that is going on for second season.
I think it does. Miller has gotten a lot of quality chances the past two games. He's been impressive despite not scoring.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:32 PM
DatsDeking
Don' trade me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
Ah so I finally got my subscription for NHL Game Center so I can watch this game here at college. Been basically dying without my Wings
Well now you can basically die with them haha

Old
11-19-2013, 06:27 PM
JPE123

Not sure why I put myself thru this but will be watching again tonite and hoping for a big win. Another night in the Nyquist Free Zone. At least we have Daniel

Closed Thread