HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2013, 01:58 PM
  #601
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001
 
Dr John Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,467
vCash: 50
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-injury-video/

Injured again. I'm finding it harder and harder to get excited for him.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
  #602
trick9
Registered User
 
trick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-injury-video/

Injured again. I'm finding it harder and harder to get excited for him.
Admitted himself there that he came back too soon from that last injury.

trick9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 04:25 PM
  #603
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 7,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
"Kuznetsov’s path resembles that of the Penguins star Evgeny Malkin, who had multiple shoulder surgeries before coming over to North America."

uh?

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 04:32 PM
  #604
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser
 
Sartorial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
How long will he be sidelined for?

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
  #605
Craz1bo1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 1m

WSH's Kuznetsov stayed in Russia to play in Olympics. May be cut from Olympic roster. Per @rmnb http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-olympic-team/

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 18s

Scout in RUS I talked to said didn't think Kuznetsov would fit with RUS coach Bilyaletdinov's style but said on talent should be there.

Craz1bo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
  #606
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Yikes. From my understanding, the main reason Kuznetsov stayed in the KHL for a few extra years was to play big minutes and put himself in the best position to make the national team. His talent is undeniably world class, it's time this guy traveled across the pond to the top league to display it!

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:52 PM
  #607
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,998
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craz1bo1 View Post
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 1m

WSH's Kuznetsov stayed in Russia to play in Olympics. May be cut from Olympic roster. Per @rmnb http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-olympic-team/

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 18s

Scout in RUS I talked to said didn't think Kuznetsov would fit with RUS coach Bilyaletdinov's style but said on talent should be there.
That really sucks for him. I'm really high on Kuz and hope that he comes over sooner rather than later, regardless of whether or not he makes the Russian team.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  #608
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
So what's the deal here? Cut from the Olympic team. Is he coming to Washington soon? This entire situation seems like it backfired on him.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 11:36 AM
  #609
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
So what's the deal here? Cut from the Olympic team. Is he coming to Washington soon? This entire situation seems like it backfired on him.
Well he had a tough year, alot of injurys and are still injury now. Has only played 23 games this season (in wich he didn't looked that great either) So no big suprise he was cut.

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
  #610
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeysemin View Post
Well he had a tough year, alot of injurys and are still injury now. Has only played 23 games this season (in wich he didn't looked that great either) So no big suprise he was cut.
Surprise or not, it was still his reason for staying in Russia. Now that he isn't on the team, shouldn't he immediately come to Washington?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 11:43 AM
  #611
trick9
Registered User
 
trick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Surprise or not, it was still his reason for staying in Russia. Now that he isn't on the team, shouldn't he immediately come to Washington?
He can't.

Not allowed before his team is out of playoffs so not going to happen atleast for few more months.

trick9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 11:53 AM
  #612
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,987
vCash: 500
He wanted to stay in Russia to make the Olympics team. Funny how that worked out.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
  #613
EHCler
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
To be fair I doubt that the Caps are too unhappy that he has to fight through problems this season. Young players need to go trough those phases to make them class players.

Improves Caps position to get him over without him running home when not everything works as he wants it.

EHCler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 12:36 PM
  #614
iPunch
Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,980
vCash: 133
Could be a blessing in disguise for Capitals fans. Nothing like a little Olympic snubbing to dislodge/disillusion a player from their national league.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 12:40 PM
  #615
Stizz09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Could be a blessing in disguise for Capitals fans. Nothing like a little Olympic snubbing to dislodge/disillusion a player from their national league.
Especially when your former 18yo team mate makes it over you... maybe the NHL wasn't such a bad route after all.

Chooch to the Soch

Stizz09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 12:44 PM
  #616
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 755
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTT View Post
He wanted to stay in Russia to make the Olympics team. Funny how that worked out.
but him not being on the team has nothing to do with that. there're injures and he looked underwhelming when playing. and frankly i haven't seen much progress in his game the last couple of years.

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 08:57 AM
  #617
John Druce
Flynt Flossy
 
John Druce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Did I mention that..
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,449
vCash: 500
Hopefully the time is now to come over and show is wares!

John Druce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 11:46 PM
  #618
RickyR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
When is the earliest he could come over? End of KHL season I assume which is in a month or so?

RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:16 AM
  #619
Flynn84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Russia
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
When is the earliest he could come over? End of KHL season I assume which is in a month or so?
Don't forget that KHL has a playoffs too .

Flynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:21 AM
  #620
Flynn84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Russia
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Regular season ends March 4th.

Flynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:23 AM
  #621
Flynn84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Russia
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Playoffs.

Conference Quarterfinals
8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16 and 18 March

Conference Semifinals
21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29 and 31 March

Conference Finals
3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 April

Gagarin Cup final
18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 and 30 April

Flynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:30 AM
  #622
Nucks N Canes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn84 View Post
Regular season ends March 4th.
Have him in my keeper league hope Traktor misses playoffs otherwise he won't get the 10 NHL games that I need him to play.

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 07:00 AM
  #623
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,294
vCash: 500
Kuznetsov told R-Sport that he'll make good on his vow to join the Capitals at the end of the season. “Everything has been decided long ago, so I won’t stay for 10 or 15 million,” he said. “People have been waiting for me, writing and coming here for three years. I’m a decent man and I will keep my word.”

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 07:02 AM
  #624
RobertR
Registered User
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Latvia
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
So 20 mill it is.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 10:58 AM
  #625
VoicexOfxReason
you cant do that
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Away from Cor
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Kuznetsov told R-Sport that he'll make good on his vow to join the Capitals at the end of the season. “Everything has been decided long ago, so I won’t stay for 10 or 15 million,” he said. “People have been waiting for me, writing and coming here for three years. I’m a decent man and I will keep my word.”
I respect that. Nice to see integrity is more important than money for once.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.