HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2013, 01:43 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
Think I probably would, Liles' contract is up sooner and he'd be a decent guy on the 2nd wave PP if we're not putting Emelin there.
I would consider it if his contract was not two more years after this one. Instead, I would rather turn Desharnais into free cap space, an exchange for a soon to be expiring contract or a low draft pick.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Kane has never been as good as the sum of his parts and he's a guy these boards have glorified in value.

Truth be told, what he brings is very similar to Pacioretty. And if it's mildly better due to physicality, it also comes with a slightly worse contract. Hence, almost even.

Adding Beaulieu and a 1st is crazy talk. I'm sorry, but those are attractive assets that you certainly don't add to even up a trade that is almost even to begin with.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Says who?

Jets fans wouldn't even trade Patches for Kane straight up so I doubt Kane is really a problem for the Jets and their fans.

If you think Kane is a headache is a problem for the Jets, I guess PK is also a problem for the Habs?

Kane is not a guy that depends on his linemates to be productive, he will crash the net and create his own space/chances, unlike Max who is more of a sniper and needs someone to feed him the puck.
I don't care if Jets fans think Kane is the second coming of Mario Lemieux.

The front office would trade him if they could get face value for him, and they won't, so they keep him. He's worse than Seguin off ice and it's not just about internet photos. Hvaing a guy like that in Montreal is just asking for trouble.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
TT1

just trade plek for stewart+ and beaulieu+ for simmonds. adds size/toughness/decent scoring to our top 6(and it gives us 4 top 6 wingers), agewise they would fit perfectly with our core
resign diaz, eller, subban, markov
trade bourque and do w/e with DD

stewart - galchneyuk - gallagher
pacioretty - eller - simmonds
bournival - briere - prust
moen - white - xxxxx (ufa)

markov - subban
emelin - gorges
tinordi - diaz

each of those lines has really good balance, and its not like those trades are super far-fetched or anything

Old
11-19-2013, 02:55 PM
puckhead212

Bergevin should trade a couple young prospects to florida for Thomas Fleishman,he signed for 2 more years and could play on a line with fellow czech Plekanac.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:57 PM
puckhead212

Bergevin should also try to get rid of Desharnais and Bourque by taking back some money and throwing in young prospects like Brady Vail,Tim Bozon,Greg Pateryn and draft picks,and of course he will have to buy out Briere at the end of the season,huge mistake to sign a player with no size who had 6 goals last year.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Odelein24

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead212 View Post
Bergevin should also try to get rid of Desharnais and Bourque by taking back some money and throwing in young prospects like Brady Vail,Tim Bozon,Greg Pateryn and draft picks,and of course he will have to buy out Briere at the end of the season,huge mistake to sign a player with no size who had 6 goals last year.
I don't see Briere being bought our with just 1 year left on his contract. DD on the other hand...

Old
11-19-2013, 03:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I don't care if Jets fans think Kane is the second coming of Mario Lemieux.

The front office would trade him if they could get face value for him, and they won't, so they keep him. He's worse than Seguin off ice and it's not just about internet photos. Hvaing a guy like that in Montreal is just asking for trouble.

What exactly is 'a guy like that'? What private information are you privy to that the rest of us haven't heard? Patty Kane can beat up a cabby and still be a solid character guy, winning cups every 2 years

Old
11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What exactly is 'a guy like that'? What private information are you privy to that the rest of us haven't heard? Patty Kane can beat up a cabby and still be a solid character guy, winning cups every 2 years
It's not private information. Things have leaked out numerous times that the Jets brass was not happy with Kane. They have put out the word on a few occasions that he was available, teams don't usually do that with core players. Habs have never done that with Price Plekanec Subban Markov Pacioretty etc

Old
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
puckhead212

Chris stewart has real been struggling the last few seasons in st.louis might need a change of scenery he has 1 year left after this season at 4.15 million,Rene Bourque makes 3.33 million,and is a proven back to back 27 goal scorer in the western conference and Ryan white makes 700 thousand.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead212 View Post
Chris stewart has real been struggling the last few seasons in st.louis might need a change of scenery he has 1 year left after this season at 4.15 million,Rene Bourque makes 3.33 million,and is a proven back to back 27 goal scorer in the western conference and Ryan white makes 700 thousand.
I find Stewart gets massively overrated on these boards. He has size and skill but is maddeningly inconsistant similar to Bourque and AK46.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Draft

Quote:
I find Stewart gets massively overrated on these boards. He has size and skill but is maddeningly inconsistant similar to Bourque and AK46.
I wouldn't expect him to be "the answer" but I think he would make for a good addition to the team. Stewart playing in an offensive system might really boost his confidence and production.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I wouldn't expect him to be "the answer" but I think he would make for a good addition to the team. Stewart playing in an offensive system might really boost his confidence and production.
What is this offensive system you speak of

Old
11-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
What is this offensive system you speak of
Not necessarily ours, we've been pretty disappointingly defensive. I just think he has potential if he plays with offensively talented players on a more offence-oriented team.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Not necessarily ours, we've been pretty disappointingly defensive. I just think he has potential if he plays with offensively talented players on a more offence-oriented team.
Unfortunately he's just way too inconsistent at this point. It's a shame, just like it's a shame Bourque is so inconsistent despite his size, speed, and shot.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Andy

Habs have scouts yet again in Colorado.

They also have Mellanby at the Flyers-Sens game, this one probably has to do with the fact they the habs are facing the Flyers on the 12th. However, tsn recently reported that Brayden Schenn is quietly available: http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=132836

The Colorado scouting is interesting. The habs have been scouting them rigorously for the past few weeks. What makes it more interesting is that they don't face the Avalanche until March.

Last edited by Andy: 11-19-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old
11-20-2013, 07:40 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
This has probably been asked already but would you do Desharnais for Liles?
Still no. Too redundant even for Desharnais.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:49 PM
yoteshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

They also have Mellanby at the Flyers-Sens game, this one probably has to do with the fact they the habs are facing the Flyers on the 12th. However, tsn recently reported that Brayden Schenn is quietly available: http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=132836

The Colorado scouting is interesting. The habs have been scouting them rigorously for the past few weeks. What makes it more interesting is that they don't face the Avalanche until March.
Brayden Schenn for Raphael Diaz and Christian Thomas. Make it happen Marc!

Old
11-20-2013, 08:00 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

why not take a chance on stewart...buy low.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:

Who would Colorado want?

I know Roy was often on l'atichambre not sure if he had favorite players tho..... Hopefully he knows DD and believe in him.

Old
11-20-2013, 09:01 PM
FazChenyuk

With the 3 goals of Pacioretty now I dont think so we will trade him. I Say keep Pac and trade for a top 6 forward

Old
11-20-2013, 09:04 PM
MXD

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Who would Colorado want?

I know Roy was often on l'atichambre not sure if he had favorite players tho..... Hopefully he knows DD and believe in him.
.... I look at that Avs lineup and...
Well....
One of Stastny or O'Reilly is redundant (considering cap and all).

Old
11-20-2013, 10:18 PM
nags

Quote:
It's not private information. Things have leaked out numerous times that the Jets brass was not happy with Kane. They have put out the word on a few occasions that he was available, teams don't usually do that with core players. Habs have never done that with Price Plekanec Subban Markov Pacioretty etc
I find this really hard to believe. There is no way the Jets brass operate like this. Sorry it is not an accurate reflection of their past and present way of doing business.

Your making this up.... admit it.

Old
11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Milhouse40

Briere and Bournival can't stay on the 4th line, that's a non-sense.
Even then, it means White and Parros are healthy scratch.

On defence, Murray won't be a healthy scratch all season, that's also non-sense.
And Tinordi shouldn't spend all season in Hamilton.....

Bergevin is in a position to make a good "package" and get 1 better player!
He can't just give propects and picks and add a forward or a D
Trading 1 for 1 barely make any sense right now. Too much players right now!

He'll soon have a couple of unhappy players in the room....and i think it already started.

Old
11-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

They may not want to try trading DD if it continues clicking with Patches. But I could easily see Briere going cause he's the odd man out right now.

Closed Thread