HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread - LXXI - Everyone is better than us... except the Oilers!

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2013, 09:25 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
9 goals in 14 games for Cammy, a 53 goal pace, he's going to keep it up for sure.

Either that, or he's going to miss 25 games from his annual injury, come back, be mediocre for the remaining part of the season, and then hit the golf course.
Go to bed DA.

Old
11-19-2013, 09:27 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Go to bed DA.
In about 4 hours.

I'm at a telescope pulling an all-nighter (think about it), but the weather is awful tonight, so we're just hanging out hoping the clouds go away.

Old
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
bsl

Quote:
In about 4 hours.

I'm at a telescope pulling an all-nighter (think about it), but the weather is awful tonight, so we're just hanging out hoping the clouds go away.
Clouds in Aus? Hmm. Oh yeah, springtime there. You should move your scope to Alice Springs.

No worries, I hold the record for all nighters at McG Arci school. 45 I believe. But we had girls with us. Hope you do. Stay awake DA. We need to find that habitable planet, soon.

Hong Kong signs off.

Old
11-19-2013, 09:37 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Are you really comparing the two?

Cammalleri has a 39 goals season, another one with 34, two seasons over 80pts+.

His points production actually increases in the playoffs with a PPG rate and has a over 0.5G per game in the playoffs.

Not what I called a one year wonder like DD.
he played terrible his last year here: injured, soft, floater, and acting like a little *****. woohoo for him, he's good on a basement team. it was time to move him and he was then as he is now a bad fit worth 7,000,000. and magically, it's his contract year again. ta daaaaa

like i said: not impressed.

Quote:
In about 4 hours.

Old
11-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
he played terrible his last year here: injured, soft, floater, and acting like a little *****. woohoo for him, he's good on a basement team. it was time to move him and he was then as he is now a bad fit worth 7,000,000. and magically, it's his contract year again. ta daaaaa

What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about him right now. This is an out of town thread in case you didn't know. Some people needs to stop living in the past. I'm not suggesting to bringing him back or anything. No matter what yous said, he's a pure goal scorer and will be useful for any contender team that needs more scoring in the playoffs.

Cammalleri has been scoring goals all of his career. It's not like he stopped scoring in purpose. He was injured a lot when he was with us but in his first 2 years with us, he scored a good amount of goals for us in the games he played.

Again, your comparaison with DD is just ridiculous.

Old
11-19-2013, 11:17 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about him right now.
ok then:

Quote:
he was then as he is now a bad fit
Quote:
and magically, it's his contract year again
Quote:
granted it was kinda hidden in there...

Old
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Cammalleri is a better player than DD and a legitimate NHLer. That doesn't mean he fits our needs.
Well he fits our scoring needs.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

What happened to those posters who thought I was nuts for suggesting we sign Tom Gilbert? 7 points in 21 games, highest +/- on his team playing 21:33 and passes the eye-test as well. We could have had a bargain there. 600k less than our rough and tumble pressbox warmer, Murray, too.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What happened to those posters who thought I was nuts for suggesting we sign Tom Gilbert? 7 points in 21 games, highest +/- on his team playing 21:33 and passes the eye-test as well. We could have had a bargain there. 600k less than our rough and tumble pressbox warmer, Murray, too.
The reason Gilbert lasted so long on the market, like Hainsey, is he was expecting a multi year deal at 3-4 mil/year. He had to take a 1 yaer bargain basement deal because most teams were out of cap space.

Plus Murray was signed with the idea of replacing Emelin, unfortunately he got hurt and also missed a big chunk of the season. Gilbert is a completely different style player.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Well he fits our scoring needs.
With the current system in place Cammy would be even more hated than he was around the time he was traded. I fear what would happen to Price's stats if Cammy were on the ice when the opposing team has 3-4 minutes in our end.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:00 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Gilbert is not the type of defenceman we need. No thanks.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
i still think you're nuts regardless, bud *pat on the back*

Old
11-19-2013, 04:12 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Would rather Gilbert than Bouillon.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:27 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The reason Gilbert lasted so long on the market, like Hainsey, is he was expecting a multi year deal at 3-4 mil/year. He had to take a 1 yaer bargain basement deal because most teams were out of cap space.

Plus Murray was signed with the idea of replacing Emelin, unfortunately he got hurt and also missed a big chunk of the season. Gilbert is a completely different style player.
He's a completely different style player in that he's useful.

As for them being waited out, well, yeah. Of course they wanted/expected more. Who doesn't? Gilbert had actually just been bought out. Not sure how much he realistically could have hoped for considering nobody wanted him for free at 4m/year. Every year there are bargains to be had towards the end of the UFA period. Murray was another one who waited quite a while before signing, iirc. That doesn't change the fact that we went out and signed a useless player to fit a false narrative instead of identifying a possible steal of a signing instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Yeah, much better to have Murray eating hot dogs than someone effectively playing #2 defenseman minutes and looking good while doing it.

Not at all what we need.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Not sure if its real or photoshop

Old
11-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Would rather Gilbert than Bouillon.
By far. Gilbert would have been a smart signing and would look good on the 3rd pairing.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Jim Benning...could be a nice acquisition for Buffalo. Seeing teams interviewing them, just like Dallas did with Nill is just another proof that assistant GM DO have some kind of merit for their GM work....

Old
11-19-2013, 06:11 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Yeah, much better to have Murray eating hot dogs than someone effectively playing #2 defenseman minutes and looking good while doing it.

Not at all what we need.
Give me a ****ing break. He plays on Florida. Neither he nor the Panthers is any good. Diaz could play as their #2 and the results are the same. He's soft as butter.

If you think he would be a regular on the team, he won't displace coach favourite Cube and Diaz is about the same value to the team.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Halak 1 goal allowed on 1 shot... dude is killing me in my pools.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:22 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Not sure if its real or photoshop

Pretzeljaw.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:28 PM
sheed36

I've been reading a few posts from Flyer fans on HF lately saying that Couturier's offensive game is improving and he's looking much better.. Maybe it's just me but I still don't see the offensive potential many Flyer fans see in this guy. I even saw a post from a Flyers fan who said he wouldn't even trade Couturier for Shea Weber 1 for 1 at this point. Yeah right..

I just checked his stats and he as 4 assists in 19 games. I expected his numbers to be much higher TBH.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I've been reading a few posts from Flyer fans on HF lately saying that Couturier's offensive game is improving and he's looking much better.. Maybe it's just me but I still don't see the offensive potential many Flyer fans see in this guy. I even saw a post from a Flyers fan who said he wouldn't even trade Couturier for Shea Weber 1 for 1 at this point. Yeah right..

I just checked his stats and he as 4 assists in 19 games. I expected his numbers to be much higher TBH.
While his stats are pretty unipressive, it's hard to judge a player with limited viewing of him. I mean, a lot of people here thought Eller would be good despite him not getting points. But Couturier plays more than Eller ever did and does not produce, I'll give you that. He also plays for a really bad team where Claude Giroux has only 11 points in 19 games.

It's really hard to judge him.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Andy

Buffalo's GM search is aiming at names like Fenton, Botterill, Benning, Treliving...while the Canadiens can only search for guys like Mcguire, Bergevin, Brisebois.

So pathetic.

Old
11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
While his stats are pretty unipressive, it's hard to judge a player with limited viewing of him. I mean, a lot of people here thought Eller would be good despite him not getting points. But Couturier plays more than Eller ever did and does not produce, I'll give you that. He also plays for a really bad team where Claude Giroux has only 11 points in 19 games.

It's really hard to judge him.
That's true I guess.. The Flyers haven't been that great lately. Couturier is still very young and may very well reach his offensive potential one day but I just don't see what Flyer fans see regarding his offensive potential right now.

Old
11-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Buffalo's GM search is aiming at names like Fenton, Botterill, Benning, Treliving...while the Canadiens can only search for guys like Mcguire, Bergevin, Brisebois.

So pathetic.
In the end...nobody is as sure a candidate than the other. Bergevin had great credentials within one of the best organization in the league. I am high on Benning as I will always belive that the assistant GM has to be in sync with the GM.....I think Chiarelli is great hence I think Benning can't be bad.....but still we don't know he'll do in charge. Even if I had Benning in my list of candidates even if he surely doesn't speak the language. As of now, the only difference between your guys and the other guys you named is that....they are not bilingual. Unfortunately for the francos, the league is anglo. So most teams will hire their friends, which most likely will come from something they know, most likely not to be a Q product or a bilingual one. So the pool doesn't end up to be the biggest by talent....ends up being the biggest by friendship.

In the end, you can have 10 incredible candidates to choose from, you'll only pick 1 and chances are....you will have to redo-it in 3-5 years anyway.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 11-19-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Closed Thread