HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDIT: MTL-COL, MTL-STL, MTL-PHILLY. + Bourque available, goes to the highest bidder

Old
11-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
we're 3rd overall in goals agaisnt and hes our best defensive dman, legit top 4 D-Man who blocks shots and eats minutes. nothing fancy but hes really effective
Yeah, he's primarily partnered with Diaz right? So he might make a good partner for Tyson Barrie...

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Avsboy

As an Avs fan living in Montreal, after having seen him play many times I have no interest in Gorges. None.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 04:15 PM
LOLKarlsson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
would drewiske/murray do it?
Nope

LOLKarlsson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
I don't think Plekanec is really a fit for the Blues. He's not the true #1 this team really needs. If the blues will make a trade for a center it'll be for a more prolific scorer. For this, they'd just keep Stewart and the 2nd.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 05:40 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Caps accept -- no take backs. BRB driving Brouwer and Erskine to the airport.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
CharlesHabsFan

Flyers won't do Simmonds I think. As for the Blues, I feel like we get completely smashed by trading our most reliable center for a 30 points guy... and we even put it on 1st line with the kids ? How does that help us ? The Capitals trade doesn't really help us all that much either... and playing with Brière ? Might as well put Prust there instead ! Or Bourque, who's doing fairly well this year, it's just unfortunate he doesn't score a little more.

Then Gionta, Desharnais, Bouillon and Murray disappear into thin air ? We wouldn't even have the cap to do the trades hereby mentionned.

I don't get any of this at all. Why is Bourque appearing all of a sudden in every trade I see ? Everyone doesn't want to put Desharnais so Bourque should be the new scapegoat ?

Seriously, all I've been seeing these days by us, Habs fan, are either trades that are completely shameful for other teams, demolishing Desharnais, searching for absolute nonsensical overtoughness or not making any sense at all for us.

Everyone is healthy now, we are much bigger with Emelin, Murray, Prust, Moen and White. Pacioretty, Bourque and Eller are also three big guys that maybe don't hit much but still can play big. We don't need to be insanely tough, that's not what gives us goals. And goals is what we really need right now. Let's bring in actual guys that don't let themselves be shaken around but actually put the puck in the net. Let's let the guys play a little and let everyone get on pace, then we'll see what happens. We're not doing that terrible...

CharlesHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Capitals accept once Erskine is off of LTIR, although I'm not really sure why you want Erskine when you already have Murray.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:18 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHabsFan View Post
Flyers won't do Simmonds I think. As for the Blues, I feel like we get completely smashed by trading our most reliable center for a 30 points guy... and we even put it on 1st line with the kids ? How does that help us ? The Capitals trade doesn't really help us all that much either... and playing with Brière ? Might as well put Prust there instead ! Or Bourque, who's doing fairly well this year, it's just unfortunate he doesn't score a little more.

Then Gionta, Desharnais, Bouillon and Murray disappear into thin air ? We wouldn't even have the cap to do the trades hereby mentionned.

I don't get any of this at all. Why is Bourque appearing all of a sudden in every trade I see ? Everyone doesn't want to put Desharnais so Bourque should be the new scapegoat ?

Seriously, all I've been seeing these days by us, Habs fan, are either trades that are completely shameful for other teams, demolishing Desharnais, searching for absolute nonsensical overtoughness or not making any sense at all for us.

Everyone is healthy now, we are much bigger with Emelin, Murray, Prust, Moen and White. Pacioretty, Bourque and Eller are also three big guys that maybe don't hit much but still can play big. We don't need to be insanely tough, that's not what gives us goals. And goals is what we really need right now. Let's bring in actual guys that don't let themselves be shaken around but actually put the puck in the net. Let's let the guys play a little and let everyone get on pace, then we'll see what happens. We're not doing that terrible...
reading this post gave me headache, i knew i should have stopped once you said stewart is a 30 point player

TT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Funny, because Gorges is Montreal's overall toughest defenceman that can play hockey. (Not including Murray)

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Funny, because Gorges is Montreal's overall toughest defenceman that can play hockey. (Not including Murray)
No he's not.

Aceekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:28 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb View Post
funny, because gorges is montreal's overall toughest defenceman that can play hockey. (not including murray)
emelin?

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:13 PM
phlocky

I'd do the Flyers deal. With Hartnell and Downie playing a similar style to Simmonds we can afford to trade him and I think this is fair value for him.

I know that you can't always just build for tomorrow (the Flyers have done a lot of that recently) but you can't just live for today either and I think that the hurt we'd suffer today by trading Simmonds would be somewhat minimal while the gains for the future are much greater.

I'd pull the trigger on this one.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHabsFan View Post

Who is this 30 point player you are talking about? Because it's certainly not Stewart.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

0 chance I'd do this from a Flyers POV. Their simply isn't a realistic offer for Wayne Simmonds that can be made. He adds another element to our top six, and your kidding yourself if you think Downie could step in and play that role.

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Who is this 30 point player you are talking about? Because it's certainly not Stewart.
Maybe he's talking about the 29 or 39 point center since only the worst seasons count when making statements about players.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:06 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRosehillforMVP View Post
0 chance I'd do this from a Flyers POV. Their simply isn't a realistic offer for Wayne Simmonds that can be made. He adds another element to our top six, and your kidding yourself if you think Downie could step in and play that role.
hmm.. you guys need a solid PMD tho, you wont have timonen forever
and our pick is gonna be in the 10-15 range so.. thats pretty good value imo

edited the op again

Last edited by TT1: 11-19-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old
11-19-2013, 10:27 PM
CharlesHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Sorry about that, I went ahead and looked too fast in the midst of anger towards other Habs fans. Stewart had 30 and 23 points in 2011 with two teams which led to confusion.

Though, aside from adding strength, Plekanec is rather on par with him and I'd still rather keep Plekanec for the moment than trade anything ONLY to add size...

As of TT1, reading one of yours was just as a headache, cause it's plainly ridicule. Adding size is not the means to everything and that's the only thing I've seen so far in threads. Good for Stewart if he can pull seasons of 50-60 points, but so can Plekanec.

Last edited by CharlesHabsFan: 11-19-2013 at 10:35 PM.
CharlesHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Teuras
Registered offender

Avs fan declines offer. Don't want to give up either of McGinn or Elliott for Gorges

Teuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:50 PM
PAZ

If Gorges was playing to up to par, i'd do it. But judging by all the comments and how he gets bashed by Habs fans pretty consistently this season, I'm not trading McGinn for him.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:53 AM
TT1

lol he really hasnt, check his advanced stats

Old
11-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Flyers would be getting good value for Simmonds in the deal but I'm not sure if they would deal him for pieces that won't bring immediate help to the back end.
Yup...it leaves a hole in the top 6 and on the PP and gives Philly 9 D-man. Philly only does this deal in the offseason or with another deal in place to trade a d-man for a F.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote