HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lights + Paramore last night = Habs beat the Wild 6-2 tonight!

Old
11-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
I know we won yesterday but I was not impressed by our defense last night. They looked shaky for a good portion of the game, they were soft (physically and on the puck), they were out of position in the offensive zone, they looked nervous every time they handled the puck (especially Emelin but that's absolutely normal for a guy in his situation). Anyway the offense was great and DD made an amazing no look pass on Pacioretty's 2nd goal. It was our best game of the season but I felt that it spoke more about the Wild's performance than ours.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:28 AM
sventington

Yeah our defense left something to be desired. It almost seemed like they were working against Price's shot at a shutout once the third period started. Oh well, I guess that's something to work on until Friday.

sventington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:34 AM
MontrealFans

We can't have price having a 940 save % that would mean our team is under performing

MontrealFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:42 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
First game this year at The Bell and what a game...

Have to say this first: great lines by Thérien.

Emelin is back, he's making a difference out there. Price #1, Desharnais great game, now we need a couple like that in a row.

Gallagher is back healthy, Galchenyuk is shooting. Passing game was perfect yesterday.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Blank Space

vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Extended bathroom break?

"In case I need it"
Just stupid drama.

You can PM me if you want to know more, don't want to be too OT in this thread.

11-20-2013, 08:45 AM
la25ecoupe

What was the nicest goal?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Blank Space

vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Briere's goal sticks out in my head, but most of them were pretty nice.

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Rickkins

Plan the parade...!!!

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Lshap

Unsung heroes: Moen and White. Don't underestimate the importance of an effective 4th line. Moen and White are a huge upgrade over Parros, Desharnais or whoever else was put on the 4th line as a punishment. It's a role that requires defensive skill, physical toughness and a bit of offense, which Moen and White bring almost every game.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Desharnais' two assists came as a result of two beautiful passes to Pacioretty. Gotta hand it to DD -- it goes to show how much of this game is fuelled by confidence.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Pacioretty's second was a nice shot off a sweet feed by DD and Galchenyuk's was a wicked top drawer wrister like we've been waiting to see from him.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Unsung heroes: Moen and White. Don't underestimate the importance of an effective 4th line. Moen and White are a huge upgrade over Parros, Desharnais or whoever else was put on the 4th line as a punishment. It's a role that requires defensive skill, physical toughness and a bit of offense, which Moen and White bring almost every game.
Definitely agree with this. Moen and White have been good 4th liners this year and play their role very well. I'd like to have Bournival play a more offensive role but for the time being I'm ok with him on the 4th line.

Problem arises with a full healthy lineup who to sit. White seems to be that guy but he is better suited for 4th line duty and PK.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:03 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Desharnais needs to cash in a few games like that one in a row otherwise it'll all be for nothing. I mean, sure, right now we're singing his praise and we should be but truth is, he's still at 3 points in 20 game as a #1/#2 centerman who's been given all opportunities to produce.

His point total will be atricious no matter what, but he really needs to step it up long term if he has any chance of helping this team.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Uber Coca

Couldn't watch the game but I'm happy the boys showed up last night. Desharnais is looking to get out of his slump recently... Could we finally have the balanced offense we thought we had?

Also, Prust is money.

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:13 AM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Definitely agree with this. Moen and White have been good 4th liners this year and play their role very well. I'd like to have Bournival play a more offensive role but for the time being I'm ok with him on the 4th line.

Problem arises with a full healthy lineup who to sit. White seems to be that guy but he is better suited for 4th line duty and PK.
The way Bourque has been playing, he can sit for a few games or can be traded for a pick.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bournival
Briere - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - White - Prust
Parros

Subban - Markov
Emelin - Gorges
Murray - Diaz

Price
Budaj

go_habs_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
My 4th star goes to Gallagher. He's the one that created space for MaxPac and DD by crashing the net. He might have only one assist but he had a lot of impact on that line... or any of the line he's playing for that matter. He's the proof that crashing the net is a very effective play in hockey.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:18 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Couldn't watch the game but I'm happy the boys showed up last night. Desharnais is looking to get out of his slump recently... Could we finally have the balanced offense we thought we had?

Also, Prust is money.

he could've landed a couple massive body shot mid fight.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
My 4th star goes to Gallagher. He's the one that created space for MaxPac and DD by crashing the net. He might have only one assist but he had a lot of impact on that line... or any of the line he's playing for that matter. He's the proof that crashing the net is a very effective play in hockey.
You're right, except for me there's nothing 'unsung' about Gallagher. I've written folk songs about him.

Old
11-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
You're right, except for me there's nothing 'unsung' about Gallagher. I've written folk songs about him.
Well we only heard how Pacioretty's hat trick and DD assists.. but not much about Gallagher but the mvp on that line is Gallagher IMO.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:30 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealFans View Post
We can't have price having a 940 save % that would mean our team is under performing
Price is a top tier goalie, one that can maintain a 93-94% saves for stretches. The only thing going against him stats wise for last few years is that, the few stretches when the team played bad it really hurt his overall stats, and that's the same for every goalie, but what happens with Price is that he can be the best but he also can be really bad when off his game.

Habs are good defensively this year, they might be soft and have almost no physicality, but stats prove that they move the puck well (points from D), the team's goal differential is good and Subban / Markov is probably the most lethal pairing of the league offensively. Seriously, our defense is one big tough guy that can skate (I really thought Murray had more left in the tank, thought it was a decent pick) to replace Bouilion on third pairing away from being one of the best top6 in the league right now. And by tough I mean, not with fists but tough stay-at-home defenseman that can play PK and against top lines. Hopefully one of Pateryn or Tinordi developps as such. It's against big physical teams that this defense is exposed, not teams like the Wild. We'll see the true face of this team when we play more of our division.

Last edited by PKtrollban: 11-20-2013 at 09:36 AM.
PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:40 AM
LePoche69

I was at the game last night.

Even after the first period ending at 0-0, my friends and I were noting how dead looked the Wild. But anyway, Habs played very well.

Please, another 4-5 games like that from Desharnais, then trade him! He's not part of the future. He played very well, but the guy need to play with the 2 best wingers at the top of their game to perform. And Wild's d-men were quite slow last night. Won't happen everygame.

Emelin was the worse d-man last night, lots of mistakes, but still, his presence is felt. Few more games to find his legs and his decision making, and he will make a big difference.

I really don't know what Briere brings to the game anymore. He's not fast, not big, not gritty, not a great passer. Above average shot, that's it.

The fourth line was great. Having Bournival on that line changes everything as he brings speed. I always believed in having a roadrunner on a fourth line, with 2 big nasty grinders. If you don't have a speed component on a 4th line, it becomes way too easy to play against them.

I love Subban and he's clearly the best d-man the team had since a long time. But when you look closely, game after game, period after period, shift after shift, play after play, Markov remains the most effective d-man the team has in almost every aspect of the game. Subban is the better talent wise, but Markov's experience showed.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:52 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post

Also, Prust is money.

Yep, having Prust around is awesome.

Middleweight tough guy that can play hockey, and some people critiscize how much he's making, mostly not Habs fans though. He made an awesome saucer to Galchenyuk yesterday who couldn't finish, but he is a good hockey player that can play on any line in the bottom 9. He also puts his body on the line every game / every shifts.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:09 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Well we only heard how Pacioretty's hat trick and DD assists.. but not much about Gallagher but the mvp on that line is Gallagher IMO.
Oh cmon now. Gally played well and drove the net as always well but Patches was the one winning all the 1vs1 battles in the corner to create space for the other 2. Patches was a physical force and boy was he hard to pin along the boards last night. And Im not taking away credit from gally or DD, but last night the wilds Ds were in all kinds of trouble with max.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:26 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Had to leave halfway through the period for a reason I didn't want to deal with at all and I wish had never happened.

Was 6-1 when I left. Glad we won, although it was kind of given at the point I was forced to stop watching.
Fascinating.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Oh cmon now. Gally played well and drove the net as always well but Patches was the one winning all the 1vs1 battles in the corner to create space for the other 2. Patches was a physical force and boy was he hard to pin along the boards last night. And Im not taking away credit from gally or DD, but last night the wilds Ds were in all kinds of trouble with max.
And you don't think that Max crashing the net instead of playing his usual perimeter game has anything to do with him scoring his 3 goals? Or that gally had any effect in sparking that line? It would be pretty ****ing embarrassing for Max if your 5'9 guy was the one doing all the work. Very nice to see them both go to the net. Has potential to be the new Pac-DD-Cole.

Bryson is online now   Reply With Quote