HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers should make a move for Kulikov

Old
11-17-2013, 09:27 PM
ahthorne

vCash: 500
For a team that's had a rough go out of the gate, it would be wise to hold onto our young core even if they aren't 'scoring'. A guy like Wayne Simmonds brings a lot more than scoring.

As has been echoed, the only way I'd try and get Kulikov is if he could be had for prospects and picks without damaging the core of the current roster. Laughton, Morin, Hagg, Stolarz, and possibly Alt would be the prospects that I consider off-limits.

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:42 PM
PhilaFlyers

From the article
Quote:
Now the Flyers have put together a nice little winning streak over the past week or so, but there team is still far from perfect. The patchwork defense is far and away their biggest drawback.
How has that been "far and away" their biggest draw back? The defense is by no means perfect but definitely not the biggest problem. This team is 29th in the league in goals per game and 24th in PP%, a trade based around Voracek or Read for Kulikov is beyond stupid. I don't think I'd even consider trading Simmonds unless Florida added more (which they probably wouldn't).

Also
Quote:
It might be too early to give up on him, but much like Kulikov, a change of scenery might do him a world of good.
Do you think? He was almost PPG last year and he has really picked up his play over the past few games. But yeah, let's trade him for a pretty much unproven defenseman who has really struggled.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:06 PM
flyersfan02

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan02 Send a message via Yahoo to flyersfan02
The price for kulikov is probably high. So, No, I don't think Homer will do it. If it its the Pathers, I think they could target Brian Campbell towards Trading Deadline, since Kimmo wont last and probably retired at the end of season. Plus they need a replacement for Kimmo. Campbell has 2 years left on contract, but high Cap hit. It'll be interesting to see wat Homer will do at the end of season.

flyersfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Ryker

I'm hugely biased in favour of Russians, but I'd say no to Kulikov. I don't really see any tremendous skill in his game, and as far as puck moving defensemen go, he's not really that good. Even if we restrict ourselves to Russians, there's plenty of better all-around defensemen playing in the KHL, so I'd rather see someone else traded here if we are to get a defenseman that can provide offense and organize plays, or, better yet, seeing as how that won't happen, just snag a Russian guy from the KHL like Edmonton did with Belov. Those guys are better on the defensive end than Kulikov and aren't overpriced.

But, yeah, no thanks to Kulikov, unless he's signed as a free agent.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:42 AM
DecadesofFutility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
I'm certainly willing to admit my bias against investing quality assets in Russian hockey players....Simply just would not do it. They've done everything they possibly can in my mind to make the argument for me.

That aside, he's far from the piece we need on the back end if were going there. He'd be expected to fill a certain role to a degree of competence that he's really just not cut out to be.

Would he be an upgrade to our backend at this time? I could see arguments from both sides and just not enough pros to make it worth it.
I like his upside but we've got that in spades around here now. Considering the pricetag, I would label the move as being sideways at best.

If Florida of all teams already has this guy on the block in the state of their franchise, then for me there's already enough writing on the wall all-things considered.
I gotta agree, Flyers have had very bad results with the Russian players they have brought into the organization. I would not be in favor of trading for him.
Just do not think it would benefit the team this year or in the future.

DecadesofFutility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:56 AM
FLYERSFAN18

I think we should be interested in Brian Campbell if the panthers are willing to take some of his caphit. If we could get his caphit down to about 5 mil the defense next year would look pretty good

Campbell-Coburn
Grossmann-Streit
Gus-Schenn

I don't know what the panthers would want in return, but I would think that Campbell wants another chance to compete for a cup and Florida isn't really two place for that over the rest of his contract.

FLYERSFAN18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I think we should be interested in Brian Campbell if the panthers are willing to take some of his caphit. If we could get his caphit down to about 5 mil the defense next year would look pretty good

Campbell-Coburn
Grossmann-Streit
Gus-Schenn

I don't know what the panthers would want in return, but I would think that Campbell wants another chance to compete for a cup and Florida isn't really two place for that over the rest of his contract.
Obviously they'd want picks and prospects. I'd think Gus would go, maybe Laughton, there would most likely be a 1st Rounder somewhere, not this year, maybe next.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote