HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 21: Preds @ Red Wings | 6:30 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Back in the Motor City!!!

Old
11-19-2013, 10:21 PM
AintLifeGrand

vCash: 500
5 page GDT.. is this a new low for us?

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Kamikazepants

NHL.com pun machine- A Maz-terful performance?

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:25 PM
INDhockeyfan

Wings aren't very good. They've lost 7 in a row now. If it wasn't for all their OT points they'd be near the bottom. I don't care we won and that is all that matters. Guys have got their confidence back.

INDhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:28 PM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

I don't care if Detroit is 0-81-0, any time we beat them, I'm happy!

Red Wings Suck! Go Preds!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:30 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Very boring game. There wasn't much to say except for our 2 goals. There wasn't really much negative to say about the team so none of the negative people have got anything to say. You always get way longer GDT's when we lose and people complain about how bad they are.

INDhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:36 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Yeah, where is everybody? Usually we get fairly long GDT's against Wings.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ad.php?t=18971

i jest

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:50 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

That win made this stomach bug (so gross) a bit more tolerable. Let's string some together!

Go Preds!!!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:52 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
I thought he was going for a goal too.

Have we ever had a goalie scored goal? vokoun?
Officially Mason had a goal against the Yotes ... April 2006.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:10 PM
RomanEmpire

@WillyD1025: Remember to practice the new (correct) Pronunciation: Ma ZAHN nets. Or just call him #Maz.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:10 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

amazing what a little confidence will do for a team.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:25 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Great job Preds! Congrats to Maz for his first shutout!! He's the 3rd star of the night on nhl.com.

I couldn't tell you the last time a game against Detroit ended with the Preds having 6 PPs and Detroit only 2.

Stalberg and Samuelsson for holding, lol. They couldn't even call it roughing!

Always satisfying beating Detroit, IN Detroit, and especially with a shutout!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:15 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Let's not forget that this is the same team that lost on Long Island and pulled the goalie at Pittsburgh. We're seeing a more complete 200 ft game from the entire team over the past six periods and it's paying off but we're one bad period (if that long) from the next board meltdown.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Let's not forget that this is the same team that lost on Long Island and pulled the goalie at Pittsburgh. We're seeing a more complete 200 ft game from the entire team over the past six periods and it's paying off but we're one bad period (if that long) from the next board meltdown.
Fact of the matter is they are built to play against Chicago and Detroit. Happy for Mazanec, he's looked great the past two games. However withholding judgment on a turnaround until we get through this next stretch.

I felt the team played up to Colorado and throughout the West Coast portion of the road trip the past few weeks, but struggled mightily playing differently when they went East. Have Toronto and New York coming up now. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up over the next couple games...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:05 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Fact of the matter is they are built to play against Chicago and Detroit. Happy for Mazanec, he's looked great the past two games. However withholding judgment on a turnaround until we get through this next stretch.

I felt the team played up to Colorado and throughout the West Coast portion of the road trip the past few weeks, but struggled mightily playing differently when they went East. Have Toronto and New York coming up now. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up over the next couple games...
Curious Seth what kind/style of play do th east teams play with that the Preds had a hard time with?
It's seems like if they can beat Chi and Det you shouldn't have any problem with them.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Holy flashbacks.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Curious Seth what kind/style of play do th east teams play with that the Preds had a hard time with?
It's seems like if they can beat Chi and Det you shouldn't have any problem with them.
Not sure it has anything to do with the style of play, Chicago and Detroit are both built with Scotty Bowman's fingerprints all over them - Detroit obviously is starting to get away from that slightly as it's been nearly 5 years since he moved to Chicago, but the players largely remain the same. The Predators have long used those two teams as measuring sticks for themselves as they have been atop the Central Division and winners of multiple Stanley Cups in the past decade.

All I'm saying is that the team plays up to Chicago and Detroit and conversely played down a bit to Winnipeg, New Jersey, and the Islanders and had no confidence left when they took on Pittsburgh last week. The key moving forward is developing and playing with an identity game in and game out. None of this inconsistency. Regardless of who your opponent is, you dictate the style and pace of play and make them beat you. That has been a staple of Predators Hockey since their existence and what disappeared last season. That is what Chicago and Detroit do to teams when they are successful...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:50 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
This team is capable of big highs and lows, that's what you get with an emotional young roster. Younger rosters tend to play to the perceived level of the competition, which leads to games like the one in Long Island where you lose to a team you feel you should be able to beat. Or where we come out on fire vs DET and CHI. I think we'll be fine this year, maybe not a playoff caliber team yet but we're moving in the right direction still!

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:00 AM
sighthndlady

I must say the vast majority of DRW fans have no idea how to deal with a struggling team. Show up late, leave early, dis the team while you are there, refuse to do anything to pump them up when they have a pretty good stretch of play. Generally act like a whole arena of spoiled children who "deserve" a win. And then boo the loss - loudly. Not very classy. You should have seen the daggers in the look from the gal in front of me when I cheered the second Preds goal. If they don't turn their results around pretty quick, their attendance is going to tank. I had fun, anyway! And a great visit with my Mom. She looks so cute in her Zetterberg jersey. She's a little tiny old lady and has to roll up the sleeves about 3 times.

sighthndlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:00 AM
drwpreds

When you think about everything that has gone wrong this year- Rinne being out, horrible team defense, near the bottom of the league in goals AGAIN, getting almost no productivity from most of our forwards, Josi missing time, etc, etc.

All of that plus a brutal schedule……

If you had told me before the season that all of that would happen, I would guess that our record would be something like 6-15.

But somehow we have managed to go 10-9-2, which is really not bad considering all the adversity plus the youth on this team. (And, we are 5-5-1 since Pekka went down- with the schedule we have faced, I think everyone would have taken a .500 record in that stretch)

It’s gonna be tough to make the playoffs in the loaded West, but I still think we can be a pretty good team, especially if we can somehow get Pekka back for the second half of the year. If we can manage 10-9-2 with all the issues we’ve had, we are bound to be better than that in the second half………

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:22 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Mah-zah-nits. It's pronounced, "Mah-ZAH-nits".

First NHL Shutout.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
I must say the vast majority of DRW fans have no idea how to deal with a struggling team. Show up late, leave early, dis the team while you are there, refuse to do anything to pump them up when they have a pretty good stretch of play. Generally act like a whole arena of spoiled children who "deserve" a win. And then boo the loss - loudly. Not very classy. You should have seen the daggers in the look from the gal in front of me when I cheered the second Preds goal. If they don't turn their results around pretty quick, their attendance is going to tank. I had fun, anyway! And a great visit with my Mom. She looks so cute in her Zetterberg jersey. She's a little tiny old lady and has to roll up the sleeves about 3 times.
There were two women shown on TV, one of which I believe was an older lady in a Wings jersey and another lady to her right in a gold Preds jersey. Just throwing it out there, but did anyone say they saw you on TV?

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:47 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
There were two women shown on TV, one of which I believe was an older lady in a Wings jersey and another lady to her right in a gold Preds jersey. Just throwing it out there, but did anyone say they saw you on TV?
I saw this to. That Gold jersey stuck out about 10 rows up from preds bench.

Old
11-20-2013, 10:50 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Not sure it has anything to do with the style of play, Chicago and Detroit are both built with Scotty Bowman's fingerprints all over them - Detroit obviously is starting to get away from that slightly as it's been nearly 5 years since he moved to Chicago, but the players largely remain the same. The Predators have long used those two teams as measuring sticks for themselves as they have been atop the Central Division and winners of multiple Stanley Cups in the past decade.

All I'm saying is that the team plays up to Chicago and Detroit and conversely played down a bit to Winnipeg, New Jersey, and the Islanders and had no confidence left when they took on Pittsburgh last week. The key moving forward is developing and playing with an identity game in and game out. None of this inconsistency. Regardless of who your opponent is, you dictate the style and pace of play and make them beat you. That has been a staple of Predators Hockey since their existence and what disappeared last season. That is what Chicago and Detroit do to teams when they are successful...
Thanks i was just curious if it was a style of play or just the Preds playing to competition and out of system.
I wasn't sure if you saw a different style of play out of the northeast teams that the Preds have trouble with. Wanted to pick your brain..

Old
11-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I am using this game as a start to begin indoctrinating the lady with an appreciation for Preds hockey (saying you will make dinner apparently works well for getting the fairer sex to sit down for a televised game). I just hope we make a game of it for her first one.
Apparently I need to have her watch more often. Great game; well done Maz.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote