HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion - Part II

Old
11-20-2013, 10:51 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
What? only 56? I hope KHL gets rid of RHF so they can finally have 70+ games season.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Faterson

That would simply be today's situation + 2 games against Jokerit for every team. Pretty humdrum. I want 70+ games, too.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:54 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That would simply be today's situation + 2 games against Jokerit for every team. Pretty humdrum. I want 70+ games, too.
It all depends on what happens after Olympics if KHL seperates itself from RHF then 70+ games is likely,because KHL leaders also want longer season,but the Federation doesnt allow it.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Peter25

I would not want 70+ games for a season in the KHL.

The only way Europeans can compete with North Americans is to have a higher practices to games ratio than North Americans. Europeans don't have the same resources as the North Americans so the training has to be better and generally Europeans have to train more.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 02:41 PM
obskyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post

The only way Europeans can compete with North Americans is to have a higher practices to games ratio than North Americans. Europeans don't have the same resources as the North Americans so the training has to be better and generally Europeans have to train more.
But the vast majority of the European players who are able to compete on the highest level have the same practices to games ratio as the top North Americans. They play in the same league.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
But the vast majority of the European players who are able to compete on the highest level have the same practices to games ratio as the top North Americans. They play in the same league.
Yes, but for younger KHL players it would be beneficial to play less and practice more.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:42 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

not sure if this is the right thread to put it...but this guy: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=849

who? is he any good?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 04:00 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
not sure if this is the right thread to put it...but this guy: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=849

who? is he any good?
no, not good

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Yes, but for younger KHL players it would be beneficial to play less and practice more.
No one would force KHL coaches to let every young player play all 70+ regular season games. They could rotate several young players, letting each young player play 50 games or so per season, like now.

What we need:
  • cancel KHL conferences, switch to a divisional format like the NHL has now
  • keep home-and-away games against every other KHL team = the current KHL model
  • to that, add another home-and-away game against every team in your division (that means 4 games per season between divisional opponents)
The result = a regular season of around 70 games, just what is needed, practical and logical.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:09 PM
metmag

Quote:
No one would force KHL coaches to let every young player play all 70+ regular season games. They could rotate several young players, letting each young player play 50 games or so per season, like now.

What we need:
  • to that, add another home-and-away game against every team in your division (that means 4 games per season between divisional opponents)
The result = a regular season of around 70 games, just what is needed, practical and logical.
I like it. I think KHL should have less than 80 but more than 65 games.
It seems to me like 50ish games are for smaller leagues with 14ish teams in them. Like the NLA or something.

As for the juniors, exactly the above. Rarely do rookies play a full season, except the ultra talented ones and those are a couple at most. Even then the NHL does not allow players under 18 at all while KHL teams ice 17 year olds all the time(even younger sometimes). If anything, a longer season with more games would mean more juniors would get to play for more games. With the league approaching 30 teams I think more games is a must.

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 05:36 AM
swosh
Im pink hair niггa

I think rule about junior works like a salary cap. It decreases gap between rich and poor clubs and help develope youngs, but it shouldnt apply on goalies

swosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 02:03 PM
thevreelander

Quote:

What we need:

I definitely think the divisional format needs to happen in the KHL. My opinion is the KHL doesn't capitalize on rivalry as much as they should either, so I really like your idea.

thevreelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 02:21 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevreelander View Post
I definitely think the divisional format needs to happen in the KHL. My opinion is the KHL doesn't capitalize on rivalry as much as they should either, so I really like your idea.
I agree with you. KHL had divisional model 2 or 3 yrs back, but had to change it due to international calendar and Sochi Games. Lets hope this "international schedulling" will allow KHL more games (cca 65-75) in future.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:

I totally agree with your points. The quality of hockey would be significantly greater with a higher practice- to game ratio. Unfortunately, more games generate more revenue, so I am guessing that they will continue to expand the number of games from season to season.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Riga pre-game

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

more Anisin hilarity

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 08:29 PM
JetsAlternate

How has Sergei Shirokov looked this season? From what I've read, he has been fairly frustrated; how did he look with CSKA Moscow earlier this season, and how has he been thus far with Avangard Omsk? A description of his play, his strengths, and his weaknesses would be much appreciated. I haven't seen him much since he left the NHL. Considering this is the final year of his current deal, I wonder if he would consider playing in Florida next season.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 11-24-2013 at 08:38 PM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 01:26 AM
alce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
What? only 56? I hope KHL gets rid of RHF so they can finally have 70+ games season.
In order to "get rid of RHF", KHL has to earn some money. Or at least it has to spend money that aren't belong to state-owned companies. Maximum what they can do now is trying to find a compromise with RHF, not ditch it.

alce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:42 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
How has Sergei Shirokov looked this season? From what I've read, he has been fairly frustrated; how did he look with CSKA Moscow earlier this season, and how has he been thus far with Avangard Omsk? A description of his play, his strengths, and his weaknesses would be much appreciated. I haven't seen him much since he left the NHL. Considering this is the final year of his current deal, I wonder if he would consider playing in Florida next season.
He is NOT an NHL caliber player. He is not a game breaker and heavily depends on his line-mates, has poor finishing and not extremely fast either. He's an ok KHL second liner, I think his NHL career is over without really getting off to a start

Old
11-25-2013, 08:16 AM
thevreelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
He sniped out the goalie pretty good a few nights ago against Riga.

thevreelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 11:51 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevreelander View Post
He sniped out the goalie pretty good a few nights ago against Riga.
I saw it on a crappy stream. Looked really like a poor positioning by our backup goalie. :/

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
metmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
He is NOT an NHL caliber player. He is not a game breaker and heavily depends on his line-mates, has poor finishing and not extremely fast either. He's an ok KHL second liner, I think his NHL career is over without really getting off to a start
He played really well in NA and the only reason he didn't solidify on the roster was because the Canucks were one of the best NHL teams in the west. IMO had he been on a team like Florida, or similar, he would have been permanently on the roster.

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Medo

http://www.khl.hr/hr/khl/khl-u-opasn...-ruskog-zakona

Interesting article about the possible ban on state owned companies financing professional sport in Russia. It seems like suicide for entire Russian professional sport?

Medo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2013, 10:47 AM
cska78

Russia-2 has suspended Gimaev for criticizing their hockey games line-up.

Old
11-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
http://www.khl.hr/hr/khl/khl-u-opasn...-ruskog-zakona

Interesting article about the possible ban on state owned companies financing professional sport in Russia. It seems like suicide for entire Russian professional sport?
Which/how many KHL teams would be affected by this?

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote