HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Devils - Sharks

Old
11-19-2013, 07:11 PM
OnlyRevolutions
Infinite Jest

vCash: 500
NJ already looks fairly old. I wouldn't touch this deal were I NJ. At least not 1-for-1. Havlat definitely has a good game when he's healthy, but he's had a fair number of injuries over the last few years.

OnlyRevolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:30 PM
kkurzcsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
Kevin Kurz, our Shark's "insider" (quotes used for irony) hates Havlat and said he played his last game as a Shark last season. He was wrong. No one who knows diddly "all but guaranteed it would happen". My guess is he will not be bought out, although I would not be surprised if it happens. Doug Wilson has tried very hard to make San Jose a place where players want to play, and using compliance buyouts would not further that agenda.
I never said definitively that he wouldn't play again. I suggested it as a possibility, as did Bret Hedican. And really, if the team hadn't run into big injury problems up front, he may not have gotten in - as we're seeing right now, there are major concerns whether he fits this team.

I don't hate Marty at all. No problem with the man personally, whatsoever. That's not how I cover the team. I would suggest I've been pretty spot on with my assessment of his play and role on the team, however.

kkurzcsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:05 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Breaking the sharks bank

Salvador + Merrill for Havlat @2.75 + Kennedy + 1st 2014
Merrill isn't going anywhere, unless for a legit top-3 forward prospect.

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:06 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Counter offer. Merrill, Henrique + 2nd 2015 for Hertl.

No? Didn't think so. If we're giving up our top prospect, you better believe it will be for a top player.
I wouldn't do that from the Devils side, especially not yet. Hertl's had some nice weeks and shown a lot - but putting Henrique in there is just silly.

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote