Old
11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
c_robio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Hudon or Mantha yes plz thanks

We might as well go all-in this year.
I think Val D'or is playing well enough that they probably would keep Mantha. Hudon or Carrier seem like the best possibilities to be moved

Chicoutimi I think could make a run as soon as next year so maybe Fucale at the draft would interest them
Doesn't seem like a Cam move though.

If Ciampini stays on the top line, Corriveau from Cape Breton could be a good fit if he's not in their plans as a 20 next year. Big, can fight, though doesn't fight a lot, and can chip in offensively. Not sure if he's in their plans or not so maybe someone that follows cape breton more closely will chime in

Old
11-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Roz

We're ranked #8 nationally now - up two spots. BLB is still #1, and Baie-Comeau is still at #7. And no surprise, Jo is the CHL player of the week.

Last edited by Roz: 11-20-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old
11-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
We're ranked #8 nationally now - up two spots. BLB is still #1, and Baie-Comeau is still at #7. And no surprise, Jo is the CHL player of the week.
Something tells me this wont be the highest we see ourselves on this list. We're gunnin' for ya Blainville!

Old
11-21-2013, 11:37 AM
TheDinosaur

Is there a way that we can take the best timbit player from the game at intermission and have that kid take Ciampini's spot for that game?

Old
11-21-2013, 02:58 PM
MikeyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
Is there a way that we can take the best timbit player from the game at intermission and have that kid take Ciampini's spot for that game?
Nicely done...

Old
11-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Roz

Great game, but man did it suck watching Lovell go down again.

Old
11-22-2013, 08:20 PM
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch

Team needs more toughness IMO, when Ehlers took that stick to the face from that ********** grundy, nobody at all came in to stick up for him. Trey Lewis woulda beaten the sense outta him, but unfortunently he isnt on the roster anymore.

A guy who plays 4-6 D minutes or 3rd line minutes with toughness would be a very valuable addition to the roster.

Old
11-22-2013, 08:25 PM
NikoEhlers
Go Ducks! Go Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin25 View Post
Team needs more toughness IMO, when Ehlers took that stick to the face from that ********** grundy, nobody at all came in to stick up for him. Trey Lewis woulda beaten the sense outta him, but unfortunently he isnt on the roster anymore.

A guy who plays 4-6 D minutes or 3rd line minutes with toughness would be a very valuable addition to the roster.
Was Ehlers alright?

Old
11-22-2013, 08:28 PM
LeafDangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin25 View Post

3 players rushed over and were held back by the linesmen. The Moose got a PP.Then Drouin chirped him in the box. Then they scored and laughed at him. Sounds like the perfect scenario to me...

Old
11-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

28 points in Drouin's last 8 games. Not too bad.

Old
11-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Roz

There'd be nothing to be gained from any of the Mooseheads busting someone in that situation. Game's out of hand, the Titan are frustrated...just get out of the game without anyone getting suspended/injured. The stakes weren't high enough for anyone to be drawn into Grundy's ********. It was a cheap shot, but not a dangerous one. Grundy was trying to get someone to fight him and the Moose didn't give him that pleasure. I don't think even Trey Lewis would've bothered. He's tough as nails, for sure, but he also knows how to pick his battles. I think he would've seen that wasn't worth it.

That's not to say this team doesn't need a bit more toughness; they do. But I'm glad that they don't give in to that sort of blatant provocation. The best part about guys like Lewis and Fournier was that they were tough without being hot-heads. Guys who actively look for a reason to throw down are more trouble than they're worth IMO.

ETA: Jo's highlights from tonight's game. Ridiculous.

Last edited by Roz: 11-22-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old
11-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Quote:
There'd be nothing to be gained from any of the Mooseheads busting someone in that situation. Game's out of hand, the Titan are frustrated...just get out of the game without anyone getting suspended/injured. The stakes weren't high enough for anyone to be drawn into Grundy's ********. It was a cheap shot, but not a dangerous one. Grundy was trying to get someone to fight him and the Moose didn't give him that pleasure. I don't think even Trey Lewis would've bothered. He's tough as nails, for sure, but he also knows how to pick his battles. I think he would've seen that wasn't worth it.

That's not to say this team doesn't need a bit more toughness; they do. But I'm glad that they don't give in to that sort of blatant provocation. The best part about guys like Lewis and Fournier was that they were tough without being hot-heads. Guys who actively look for a reason to throw down are more trouble than they're worth IMO.

ETA: Jo's highlights from tonight's game. Ridiculous.

You're probably right but remember hockey is enteratinment and it would have been very entertaining to see someone like Shelley or Cormier dummy Grundy tonight.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Roz

I don't think anyone going home tonight was complaining about the lack of entertainment...unless they were Titan fans.

I think I'd agree that it would've been entertaining to see Grundy get some comeuppance if the team needed to give the crowd something to cheer about, but I guess I'm a "best revenge is on the scoreboard" kind of person - watching him make the loooong skate back to the bench after making a fool of himself with Ehlers is far more satisfying than watching him pull Trey Lewis's hair, lol.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Quote:
I don't think anyone going home tonight was complaining about the lack of entertainment...unless they were Titan fans.

I think I'd agree that it would've been entertaining to see Grundy get some comeuppance if the team needed to give the crowd something to cheer about, but I guess I'm a "best revenge is on the scoreboard" kind of person - watching him make the loooong skate back to the bench after making a fool of himself with Ehlers is far more satisfying than watching him pull Trey Lewis's hair, lol.
I noticed that Ducharme put his number one powerplay unit on after that. I thought that was interesting.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
I noticed that Ducharme put his number one powerplay unit on after that. I thought that was interesting.
Yeah, it reminded me of the game vs. London last spring: Late in the 3rd and the Kinghts are getting blown out, guys start taking way too many liberties with Moosehead players, Dom responds by putting out the top PP unit.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Quote:
Yeah, it reminded me of the game vs. London last spring: Late in the 3rd and the Kinghts are getting blown out, guys start taking way too many liberties with Moosehead players, Dom responds by putting out the top PP unit.
Yep. Versus the Drakkar as well in game one, I think.

Old
11-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Roz

Yeah. I think Dom usually only puts the 4th line out in that situation if he's actively worried about guys getting hurt, like in game 4 vs. the Drakkar, where he even subbed out Fucale.

Willy just tweeted that Cam said Lovell's knee seems okay, which is a relief.

Old
11-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Big relief. Lovell looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Old
11-23-2013, 07:18 PM
NikoEhlers
Go Ducks! Go Jets!

Ahaha, listening on radio coverage you were playing a danish song from beginning of the 90s in metro center. That was strange.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Roz

I want to shake the hand of whoever changed Luca Ciampini's batteries. He's been playing like he belongs out there the past couple of games. What a gift it would be to us if he could keep that up. Great seeing Lovell playing like business as usual too. I honestly thought his season was over the way he was writhing around on the ice last night.

I really want to see how this new attitude Mooseheads squad stacks up against some tougher competition. We play Quebec in the first week of December which will likely be before WJC selection camp but we don't play BC until the 13th, when each team's rosters will probably have some big holes.

Ducharme confirmed on the post-game show that Ehlers will be playing for Denmark in the Division 1 Group A tournament, which runs from Dec 15-21 in Poland. So we're definitely losing him for a couple of weeks at least in addition to Jo and (presumably) Zach.

ETA: 1 point for Mantha tonight to Jo's 2. He's now just 10 points out of first place.

Last edited by Roz: 11-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old
11-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoEhlers View Post
Ahaha, listening on radio coverage you were playing a danish song from beginning of the 90s in metro center. That was strange.
Lol which song?

Old
11-24-2013, 08:43 AM
NikoEhlers
Go Ducks! Go Jets!

Quote:
Lol which song?
http://youtu.be/vyIAfEqA220

Old
11-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Quote:
Classic 90's dance lol! Never knew it was Danish. Cool stuff.

Old
11-24-2013, 09:40 AM
NikoEhlers
Go Ducks! Go Jets!

Quote:
Classic 90's dance lol! Never knew it was Danish. Cool stuff.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:16 AM
angry pirate

Quote:
A long essential saturday night rink jam in the country.

So World Juniors...

Meier - Swiss?
Ehlers - Danes
Drouin/Fucale - Canadians
Weeger/Murphy - Selection camp???

Do they have a shot at the selection camp? I doubt they stick, but we could be down as many as 6 key players throughout December. And not nearly the depth to deal with it like last year. Could be rough.

Closed Thread