HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott to the Leafs at the deadline

Old
11-20-2013, 04:09 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Ott to the Leafs at the deadline

What would it take to bring in Steve Ott? I think we have a solid team thix year that can go far with the quality of goaltending we've been getting and I think if we could add Steve Ott our team would be BUILT for the playoffs with Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Kadri, Raymond scoring goals

Throw Clarkson, Ott, Bolland and Kuelmin taking care of the grit aspect of the team I think we'd really be built up front for the playoffs.

I know people will say "we need D" so if a deal can't be reached for Ott, I'd also be interested in Ehrhoff (SP)

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 04:36 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
What would it take to bring in Steve Ott? I think we have a solid team thix year that can go far with the quality of goaltending we've been getting and I think if we could add Steve Ott our team would be BUILT for the playoffs with Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Kadri, Raymond scoring goals

Throw Clarkson, Ott, Bolland and Kuelmin taking care of the grit aspect of the team I think we'd really be built up front for the playoffs.

I know people will say "we need D" so if a deal can't be reached for Ott, I'd also be interested in Ehrhoff (SP)
Buffalo will want a 1st plus for ott more than that for ehrhoff and morefor trading to a division rival. I really don't see anyway buffalo risks recapture with ehrhoff let alone risks it with a division rival. For me a 1st and biggs for ott and weber

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 04:49 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Buffalo will want a 1st plus for ott more than that for ehrhoff and morefor trading to a division rival. I really don't see anyway buffalo risks recapture with ehrhoff let alone risks it with a division rival. For me a 1st and biggs for ott and weber

I don't think the division Rival thing is remotely relevant given where both teams are in the standings if they were close sure but they aren't.

As for recapture people make WAY to big of a deal about that too because again by the time that becomes even REMOTELY relevant you're looking at an 80+ maybe 90+ million dollar cap

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 07:53 AM
tsujimoto74

1st + meh prospect or late pick for Ott. Ehrhoff is pretty much untouchable because of the recapture on his contract. Buffalo needs to keep him so they have some avenues to control the possible damage down the line (either by buying him out or maybe by encouraging him to go all Kovy and bolt for Germany or whatever other clever ways GMs can come up with to avoid the recapture penalty, if he doesn't play out the contract's full length with the Sabres).

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:11 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Toronto 3rd line

Ott - Bolland - Clarkson

ouch

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:15 AM
tony d
The franchise

To Buf: a 2014 2nd, Brad Ross
To Tor: Steve Ott

11-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

TOR 1st would be more than enough IMO.

And it shouldn't be so hard to part with, as the pick is likely to be at #20 or so.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Djp

Many other teams will offer a 1st for Ott...the last team Buffalo trades him to is Toronto.

I think the last trade between the two teams was the Rick Vaive trade.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:53 AM
TorontoTrades

Dont want Ott hes a ****** bag and we're fine without him.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Many other teams will offer a 1st for Ott...the last team Buffalo trades him to is Toronto.

I think the last trade between the two teams was the Rick Vaive trade.
Dominic Moore

Fuhr-Andreychuk

Ott is a rental as a pending UFA. Sabres should take the highest offer but I don't think that offer will come from the Leafs.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:58 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I don't think the division Rival thing is remotely relevant given where both teams are in the standings if they were close sure but they aren't.

As for recapture people make WAY to big of a deal about that too because again by the time that becomes even REMOTELY relevant you're looking at an 80+ maybe 90+ million dollar cap
Its relevent when you're giving toronto first dibs at resigning him and making buffalo play against him for years to come. Likewise its important because if were asking for your first ott is the kind of guy to take u deeper into the playoffs devaluing said first.

And by the time the recapture comes around we will also be paying out the wazoo to lock up and the youngsters we will have amassed so it find it silly to dismiss that point. Its not like our guys will be on elcs forever

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
TOR 1st would be more than enough IMO.

And it shouldn't be so hard to part with, as the pick is likely to be at #20 or so.
We're already down picks from the Bernier, Bolland, Holland trades.

Leafs window to be a contender is just starting. Now is not the time to get short-sighted and overpay for a player like Ott.

A team like Vancouver or San Jose who have older players who only have a few elite level performance left are who should be trading 1sts for playoff rentals.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Delicious Dangles

This exact topic was discussed days ago.

Leafs don't want or need Ott, and especially don't want to pay what Buffalo fans think he's worth. There is literally zero room for him on a healthy roster, except MAYBE on the 4th line, and we are not giving up a 1st+ for a 4th liner.

He's a dirty player anyway.

Delicious Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Dangles View Post
This exact topic was discussed days ago.

Leafs don't want or need Ott, and especially don't want to pay what Buffalo fans think he's worth. There is literally zero room for him on a healthy roster, except MAYBE on the 4th line, and we are not giving up a 1st+ for a 4th liner.

He's a dirty player anyway.
Change Leafs to "I" and it would be closer to the truth. If Ott was offered to Toronto they would be stupid not to at least talk. I would rather have Ott on the third line than Raymond and Ott is money on the dot.

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Delicious Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Change Leafs to "I" and it would be closer to the truth. If Ott was offered to Toronto they would be stupid not to at least talk. I would rather have Ott on the third line than Raymond and Ott is money on the dot.
Raymond is our 2nd leading scorer, and member of our PK and PP. Also maybe on the best contract in the league this year, and fits in perfectly with our team with his speed.

48.7% is not "money on the dot", and our center line-up is more than full already.

LEAFS don't want or need Ott, especially for what Buffalo fans want in return.

Old
11-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
Dont want Ott hes a ****** bag and we're fine without him.
My feeling exactly. I get Ott is a talented player, but he is also a mouthy sack of ****. I really want no part of him.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Quares27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Who cares who you'd rather have? fact is Raymond is already there and he's playing better than Ott ever would for Toronto. BTW the fact that you'd rather have Ott than Raymond + a 1st is hilariously stsupid.

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I would assume we are trying to negotiate an extension with Ott and probably have been for a while now so I don't think he's available. I think there's a chance we have to move him if nothing looks like it'll get done but honestly, I see Ott being re-signed. I think our management will make him and Miller the top priorities to try to re-sign.

Ott has already been highly praised by Ted Nolan and he's a fan favorite and the whole city loves him. The team loves him. He's our captain and I think he loves being a Sabre. I don't see another Pominville or Vanek situation happening with him. It's not the same this time. The Weber connection should help. I feel the Sabres feel he's the type of player they need to have around to help this team get through these bad years. It's just up to Ott whether he wants to stay through the hard times and be part of a bright future. I understand if he feels like getting out and going to a contender but he's only 31 and he might be happy where he is (he's an NHL captain, he's beloved by everyone, and I believe he has a young daughter that he and his wife are raising here). Not to mention, the Sabres can and will pay him. We have plenty of cap space.

I for one will be extremely upset and disappointed if he's traded or walks. I want him re-signed at almost all costs. He's the heart and soul of this team and the unquestioned leader. He bleeds blue and gold on the ice and in the community. I want him to be around to help this team get back up to being respectable again. I think he's a guy who can help do that.

As for Toronto, even if he's going to walk and we have to move him, I doubt we get a deal done with the Leafs. I'm sure we'll be able to get at least a first for him and I don't see us trading him within the division unless the Leafs or any of the other teams are prepared to overpay. As for someone's proposal of Ross + second, the Leafs don't have a second, so absolutely not. Again, we'd want a first for Ott so I'd say Toronto's out.

I hope and think Ott remains a Sabre in the end.

Last edited by Rivet52: 11-20-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
My feeling exactly. I get Ott is a talented player, but he is also a mouthy sack of ****. I really want no part of him.
He may be a mouthy sack of **** when we face him....but i would love this mouthy sack of **** on my team if available. When we face him, i hate him just as the next leaf fan.

But lets Face it...ott is a valuable player and would look good in a leaf uniform

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Asif16*

A Ott-Bolland-Clarkson line would cause tremendous havoc...especially come playoff time. (If we make it that is)

And until bolland comes back.....a Lupul-Ott-Clarkson line would be great as well.

I doubt that sabres would trade him to the leafs though

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Trade for/resign Ott.
Resign Bolland.
Convince Komarov to come back.

Ice one of the most hated teams in league history since the old Flyers. Profit.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:23 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Just curious, what 3rd liners rental have been traded for 1st round picks in the past?

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:26 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
Just curious, what 3rd liners rental have been traded for 1st round picks in the past?
Paul Gaustad

11-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Delicious Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Paul Gaustad
One of the worst deadline deals in history is not precedent for all future deadline deals.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

The last thing Toronto needs is Ott, especially at the cost of our 1st. If we're giving up good assets it will be for a defenseman.

Drew311 is online now   Reply With Quote