HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part V: Zib-a-dabba-do

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

vCash: 500
i need one more scoring forward that can skate for the top 9 i have mdz clearly as the guy to make it happen

just don't screw it up slats and we'll be ready to make a serious push this year imo

Old
11-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Zuuuuc

Did anyone else just get a Bleacher Report email saying the Rangers have interest in Marty Havlat?
He's old and injured all the time. Also this year and next year at 5M per. I'd only do it for a late round pick with MINIMUM 2.5M per year retained by SJ and hope he's healthy when we have a top 9 injury because you know he won't play 82 games

Old
11-20-2013, 03:48 PM
dccuse

bleacher report

I got that.

I usually never look at their stuff and dont totally buy this...

BUT... i dont think i want havlat. where does he slot in? who does he kick out? Then next year is he tradable? If not, does he block kristo/miller/fast or yogan?

Not the move im hoping for. Much prefer the young investment with long term return.

Old
11-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
Did anyone else just get a Bleacher Report email saying the Rangers have interest in Marty Havlat?
He's old and injured all the time. Also this year and next year at 5M per. I'd only do it for a late round pick with MINIMUM 2.5M per year retained by SJ and hope he's healthy when we have a top 9 injury because you know he won't play 82 games
Puke.

If we get Havlat, it had better be part of a much larger deal, one that involves quite a bit of deadwood coming from our side as well.

Old
11-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Off Sides

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
If a player is rewarded over $1.5 mill in arbitration the team can't turn it down, and can't trade him until after the first year of his new contract, IIRC
Actually

Teams can't walk away from any award of less than $3.5 million

Old
11-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/bu...-marty-havlat/

Old
11-20-2013, 03:54 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I want Zibs and Lazar

MDZ and what else?

Old
11-20-2013, 03:58 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I still prefer Perron as an option as I believe that with all of the warts that MDZ carries, when helathy and playing well, you are not going to get a player that has consistently produced 50-60 points.

Perron is young (25) has multiple 20+ goal seasons, was on pace for 56 points before last nights 4 point night (now on pace for 70 points)

No matter the player we get back, there will be warts with him as much as there are with MDZ.

Old
11-20-2013, 04:19 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Rangers aren’t necessarily dangling Del Zotto, but they’re sure taking calls on him. Any number of teams are seeking a puck-moving defenseman to jump-start the offense and join the attack. Of course, the Rangers are one of them.

At this point, the club hasn’t received an offer that has piqued their interest. The only way for the 23-year-old defenseman to increase his value is to improve his play. The thing is, if he does that, there’d be little reason for the Rangers to move him.
Quote:
Of course, if Del Zotto does pick up his game, it’s also possible Vigneault next will be talking about the player the Rangers obtained in a trade.
Quote:
The defenseman, the 20th overall selection in the 2008 Entry Draft who burst onto the scene as the October 2009 Rookie of the Month as a 19-year-old, said he does not want to be traded but that he was “surprised” at sitting out three straight.

“I’m not happy about it,” Del Zotto told The Post. “I could understand maybe one game being a message and getting right back at it like [with Mats Zuccarello], but I wasn’t expecting three games.
http://nypost.com/2013/11/20/del-zot...-reservations/

Old
11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
That's the point of a benching. Being punished. What good does it do if you expect a one game suspension, are fine with it, and continue playing like you have a pool noodle as a stick?

Old
11-20-2013, 04:24 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Minnesota in Ottawa tonight. One stop scouting.

Old
11-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
That's the point of a benching. Being punished. What good does it do if you expect a one game suspension, are fine with it, and continue playing like you have a pool noodle as a stick?
Being benched and being scratched are 2 different things.

Being scratched for 3 games when you're better than both options currently on the 3rd pair is yet another different thing.

Old
11-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Being benched and being scratched are 2 different things.

Being scratched for 3 games when you're better than both options currently on the 3rd pair is yet another different thing.
Not living up to expectations warrants a scratch.

In my opinion, being benched in an NHL game is far worse than being scratched. By being benched, i'm using Tortorella's Enver Lisin benching several years ago as my basis point, where he dressed him and didn't play him at all.

MDZ needs to play better. He was scratched a game already this season. Marginally improved his play. He's supposed to be the puck mover we're lacking. He's been making boneheaded plays all season long. Needs a wake up call.

Wake up calls happen when you're punished worse than you expect. The surprise is the wake up call. If you expect your punishment you likely won't be motivated in the same way.

Old
11-20-2013, 04:45 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

What if Falk and Moore were being rewarded for good play in MTL and LA games? Now with a game where they were not so hot, you can fluctuate the lines some more. Have Moore sit one or two out. Give Falk a shot to play, see what is there. The bottom pairing should be fluid with the reserve D. Adds pressure to players to get their game going or they will be watching like MDZ.

Dubinsky is sitting tonight for Columbus. He has an A. Does he stay out long or 1 game enough? Each player is different. DZ might need more than Zuke and so on. Zuke had less of a role on the previous teams unlike DZ. Maybe the 1 game was enough because he knows this is possibly his last shot. DZ sits and comes back after 1 game and might treat it as though nothing happened. He now realizes he is replaceable and the organization can go on without him. Might see a different MDZ next game.

Old
11-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Jim Ramsay

I still have a tough time trying to figure out what exactly has happened to Del Zotto... When he burst on to the scene his rookie year he was making great passes, throwing some beautiful hits and netting some goals....

Now, most of the time I notice him is for all the wrong reasons.

His foot speed seems like it has declined and he isn't making any thing happen on offense so far that is making up for his glaring defensive mistakes.

I would be very eager to trade del zotto if it means that we are getting a left-winger with scoring finish, but I also wonder if I might be over-valueing him in thinking he could fetch a second liner....

Old
11-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I still prefer Perron as an option as I believe that with all of the warts that MDZ carries, when helathy and playing well, you are not going to get a player that has consistently produced 50-60 points.

Perron is young (25) has multiple 20+ goal seasons, was on pace for 56 points before last nights 4 point night (now on pace for 70 points)

No matter the player we get back, there will be warts with him as much as there are with MDZ.
I don't know why Edmonton trades Perron, who they just acquired in the offseason. I would have loved to have gotten Perron or Bobby Ryan in the offseason but both of those ships have probably sailed.

The names that make sense now are Zibanejad, Coyle, Connolly, etc if they are gettable. If not maybe you can get Zucker, Nyqvist, etc.

Old
11-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
I don't know why Edmonton trades Perron, who they just acquired in the offseason. I would have loved to have gotten Perron or Bobby Ryan in the offseason but both of those ships have probably sailed.

The names that make sense now are Zibanejad, Coyle, Connolly, etc if they are gettable. If not maybe you can get Zucker, Nyqvist, etc.
those are some good prospects. I wont mind if they can pull off a DZ plus Pyatt or Pouliott for a stop gap RD and one of those good young Forwards

Old
11-20-2013, 05:33 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Give me Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, and Zucker or give me death

Old
11-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Josh3217

I'd like Zibanejad, Smith, Greening from OTT and MacDermind on waivers. Change up the bottom six. Get rid of Pyatt/Pouliot/Moore

Old
11-20-2013, 05:47 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
What if Falk and Moore were being rewarded for good play in MTL and LA games? Now with a game where they were not so hot, you can fluctuate the lines some more. Have Moore sit one or two out. Give Falk a shot to play, see what is there. The bottom pairing should be fluid with the reserve D. Adds pressure to players to get their game going or they will be watching like MDZ.

Dubinsky is sitting tonight for Columbus. He has an A. Does he stay out long or 1 game enough? Each player is different. DZ might need more than Zuke and so on. Zuke had less of a role on the previous teams unlike DZ. Maybe the 1 game was enough because he knows this is possibly his last shot. DZ sits and comes back after 1 game and might treat it as though nothing happened. He now realizes he is replaceable and the organization can go on without him. Might see a different MDZ next game.

Falk's first game was pretty good (I was surprised at how well he played, actually). The other two games? Disasterpiece theatre. I lost count of the number of times he tried to check a guy and ended up just slamming himself into the boards. He's a physical guy, but the only person carrying bruises from a Falk hit is Falk. Frankly, before the benching, Del Zotto was playing fine. Not as good as he would be on the proper side, but much better than the first batch of games. He DID respond to his earlier benching, which made the second (perpetual) benching all the more head-scratching.

Also--Dubinsky is out with a foot injury. It's not a scratch.

Old
11-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So if Del Zotto gets traded to Ottawa, does that mean his plane will shoot wide and he'll end up in Toronto?
**rimshot**

Old
11-20-2013, 06:06 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

@TSN1050Radio: .@DarrenDreger - Glen Sather is making calls and receiving calls on Del Zotto

Where there's smoke there's fire

Old
11-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Jim Ramsay

The more days that pass with del zotto rumors circulating with beat reporters and media makes me think the less likely he gets traded....

Old
11-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Wolfpack21

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
@TSN1050Radio: .@DarrenDreger - Glen Sather is making calls and receiving calls on Del Zotto

Where there's smoke there's fire
Obviously this doesn't meant THAT much because GMs listen to offers all the time but this is a pretty legit source right?

Old
11-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
I'd like Zibanejad, Smith, Greening from OTT and MacDermind on waivers. Change up the bottom six. Get rid of Pyatt/Pouliot/Moore
can we have some patience please? They finally put Moore, Boyle, Dorsett together..............Brassard ,Hagelin and either Pyatt/Pouliott is not bad either............cant break up the Stepan line and Nash needs to stay on the same line for now.

They will bounce back guys

Closed Thread