HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 12/23/06...NYR @ Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2006, 10:41 PM
gobolt7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHanson View Post
Can you give a HINT of what happened? Did they throw Boyle's hatty puck into the stands, and it landed a seat over from you?
I can give a hint, they were playing like **** and I found my way to the exit. Then Dan Boyle decided to ruin my evening. I think he dislikes me as much as I dislike him.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:43 PM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
I can give a hint, they were playing like **** and I found my way to the exit. Then Dan Boyle decided to ruin my evening. I think he dislikes me as much as I dislike him.
Thats what I was guessing. That sucks, I never leave a game/NASCAR race until the final whistle/flag (except for my high school teams', because they suck so badly).

I think your sig is a little inaccurate now.

Old
12-23-2006, 11:39 PM
NickHanson

Boyle #1 star of the night on NHL.com!

Old
12-23-2006, 11:53 PM
shaner89

Holmqvist....... should be the starter

Old
12-24-2006, 01:13 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Seems like I missed a hell of a game. Tampa is finding a way to win right now, and that's the kind of thing they need to do. Although, I'll reserve more praise for when they can do it more than 3 games at a time. We've all seen them win 3 in a row before, and we all know how it ended up.

Old
12-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Hockeyfan02

Count me in as another who missed the game. Saw the Gators beat down the Bucknuts at the O'Connell center and couldn't catch the game after. New plan for GDT's because it's working:

A)Kristia makes the GDT
B)Maria talks about faith while Sarichfan says there is none.
C)I miss the game...hey I haven't watched the last 3. Mishkin for me against the Trashers.

I'm glad for Boyle. He's caught some heat here and really stepped up tonight. It's about time these third period meltdowns go in our favor for a change. Richards is starting to get back on track quietly: points in 7 of the last 8 games. Vinny just continues to roll along. 3 game winning streak.

Old
12-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Congrats to Boyle for the hat-trick!

12-24-2006, 08:14 AM
NickHanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Count me in as another who missed the game. Saw the Gators beat down the Bucknuts at the O'Connell center and couldn't catch the game after. New plan for GDT's because it's working:

A)Kristia makes the GDT
B)Maria talks about faith while Sarichfan says there is none.
C)I miss the game...hey I haven't watched the last 3. Mishkin for me against the Trashers.

I'm glad for Boyle. He's caught some heat here and really stepped up tonight. It's about time these third period meltdowns go in our favor for a change. Richards is starting to get back on track quietly: points in 7 of the last 8 games. Vinny just continues to roll along. 3 game winning streak.
I think it also helps that gobolt7 mentions Marty having a huge night, even if he doesn't have one.

Old
12-24-2006, 08:21 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
I think it also helps that gobolt7 mentions Marty having a huge night, even if he doesn't have one.
I think it also helps when I am a dope and.... oh nevermind.

Old
12-24-2006, 08:24 AM
NickHanson

Quote:
I think it also helps when I am a dope and.... oh nevermind.
It's Christmas Eve, Mike. Be cheery for 2 days, then you can go back to the pits of depression.

Thanks.

Old
12-24-2006, 08:26 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
It's Christmas Eve, Mike. Be cheery for 2 days, then you can go back to the pits of depression.

Thanks.
Hahaha...easier said then done, my friend.

Old
12-24-2006, 10:07 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Hahaha...easier said then done, my friend.
You've at least watched the highlights at NHL.com haven't you? That Vinny L goal was an absolute rocket, no way in hell HL makes that stop. The Rangers fans are ripping Lundqvist but there was really only one goal in there I felt he should have stopped and that was Boyle's 3rd and even that looked like it went through a partial screen. His first one he beat him on the long side with Lundqvist leaning the wrong way and the second one was a weird bounce that ended up on Boyle's stick blade through a Christmas Miracle. And like I said, no way he stops Vinny's blast. Once that one got through traffic I don't think a goalie in the league makes that stop.

I wish we had goaltending like the Rangers had last night. Lundqvist was awesome through 2 periods and a few lucky screens, bounces and a torcher from Vinny cost them the game. But all of us here know that when things are going bad they just flat suck. I wouldn't count the Rangers out just yet.

Old
12-24-2006, 10:10 AM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
You've at least watched the highlights at NHL.com haven't you? That Vinny L goal was an absolute rocket, no way in hell HL makes that stop. The Rangers fans are ripping Lundqvist but there was really only one goal in there I felt he should have stopped and that was Boyle's 3rd and even that looked like it went through a partial screen. His first one he beat him on the long side with Lundqvist leaning the wrong way and the second one was a weird bounce that ended up on Boyle's stick blade through a Christmas Miracle. And like I said, no way he stops Vinny's blast. Once that one got through traffic I don't think a goalie in the league makes that stop.

I wish we had goaltending like the Rangers had last night. Lundqvist was awesome through 2 periods and a few lucky screens, bounces and a torcher from Vinny cost them the game. But all of us here know that when things are going bad they just flat suck. I wouldn't count the Rangers out just yet.
Agreed.

Old
12-24-2006, 11:02 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
Seems like I missed a hell of a game. Tampa is finding a way to win right now, and that's the kind of thing they need to do. Although, I'll reserve more praise for when they can do it more than 3 games at a time. We've all seen them win 3 in a row before, and we all know how it ended up.
Yea, I'm not getting my hopes up either. BUT, we have Atlanta, who we've handled quite well so far this season, and Philly (I won't jinx it with a comment) so this could turn into a nice little (dare I say) win streak.

Old
12-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 375
Awards:
wooooo hoooo... What a third period..I slipped in the den at the party and caught the 3rd (when I saw they were down by 3 almost went back to the party..glad I didn't ) I was jumping and yelling so loud half the people my husband works with probably think I'm nuts...

As I'm at the Out-laws up in the GA Mountains it's going to be tricky to do the GDT for tuesday but will TRY to(don't want to mess anything up)..Oh and I'm going to get to watch the game on sportsouth as I found out they get it here..woooo hoooo..

12-24-2006, 05:54 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
wooooo hoooo... What a third period..I slipped in the den at the party and caught the 3rd (when I saw they were down by 3 almost went back to the party..glad I didn't ) I was jumping and yelling so loud half the people my husband works with probably think I'm nuts...

As I'm at the Out-laws up in the GA Mountains it's going to be tricky to do the GDT for tuesday but will TRY to(don't want to mess anything up)..Oh and I'm going to get to watch the game on sportsouth as I found out they get it here..woooo hoooo..
That's lucky. I was visiting some friends in Albany, GA last week and we didn't get the game against Washington on anything. We tried calling a few sports bars, but that basically ended up with questions that might as well have been "what's hockey?" It was like we were speaking French to them. Most asked if it was on "regular TV", which I can only assume means local channels, which makes no sense—why would I call to ask if you're showing a game I can get on any TV!? I told the people who asked me that 'no' and one of them replied with something that resembles "then nyunh-uh" which must have been "then no." I'm glad you're having better luck than we did

It's good to be back home.

Old
12-25-2006, 11:07 AM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post

I watched the game all the way through and was about to switched to the season finale of Doctor Who (2 hours!) that I had recorded when 1 goal...2 goals...3 goals...4 goals...win.

And Santa Roy! Anyone see that? I thought he looked familiar...

Old
12-27-2006, 06:00 PM
missK

gobolt - five words of advice. Never Leave A Hockey Game! It's one of our favorite chants in 309.

Old
12-27-2006, 06:08 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
gobolt - five words of advice. Never Leave A Hockey Game! It's one of our favorite chants in 309.
I am staying 30 minutes past the final whistle tomorrow night.

Old
12-27-2006, 06:14 PM
missK

Quote:
Sounds like you learned your lesson!! Enjoy the game!!

Old
12-27-2006, 06:48 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Damn straight! Bring the luck!

Closed Thread