HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brayden Schenn to Leafs?

Old
11-21-2013, 01:23 PM
FlyingPhilly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
But Phoenix wasn't going to part with Yandle for just JVR. The Flyers would have had to pony up big time and Phoenix wanted at least a 1st round pick plus prospects.

I'm more than content with Luke Schenn. Power skating lessons are probably a must this off season as well as shedding a few pounds (it's not like he's fat, but he's too heavy to be playing at 230 when he's only 6'2) to be better on his feet.

He played very well last season, so I'm not sure why there's hesitation with using him this season. I will say that I'm quite comfortable with John Paddock working with Luke because Paddock has a history of working well with defensemen.

As for JVR, never was and never will be a fan. He's already started to cool off after his hot start and the inconsistencies that plague him are starting to come back.
Yandle was just an example and I actually didn't want to give up the assets to get him then and still don't now. My point was the talent JVR had should have gotten a better return than LSchenn who is not as talented and also inconsistent. We traded one inconsistent player for another inconsistent one.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 01:32 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
We traded one inconsistent player for another inconsistent one.
True but who will be consistently more inconsistent? I hope it's not L Schenn. An inconsistent D man is way more maddening than a forward IMO....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 01:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Wonder if we could get Sbisa back somehow from Anaheim? He has started off slow since his return from injury. I was a huge Sbisa fan before we traded him for Pronger..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 01:43 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
True but who will be consistently more inconsistent? I hope it's not L Schenn. An inconsistent D man is way more maddening than a forward IMO....
If I had to guess overall it would be LSchenn who has 374 games played compared to 263 for JVR. D-men take longer to develop, but so do power forwards and big forwards. LSchenn has over 100 more games then JVR in the NHL and is still struggling with his consistency. I think JVR is more inconsistent within a season while LSchenn is more inconsistent from season to season. Which is better? No idea.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 02:19 PM
kjbhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Yandle was just an example and I actually didn't want to give up the assets to get him then and still don't now. My point was the talent JVR had should have gotten a better return than LSchenn who is not as talented and also inconsistent. We traded one inconsistent player for another inconsistent one.
This is the point I've been trying to make for a while. I had no problem giving up JVR but we got hosed in the return. There had to be a better deal out there somewhere.

kjbhockey is offline   Reply With Quote