HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luca Sbisa

Old
11-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I duno about that... the guy has less PPG then Schenn through over 250 games, gets more PP time than Schenn, and has been sheltered in terms of minutes played each year in Anaheim.

He is also liability defensively quite frankly, (maybe harsh, but he has been constantly one of Anaheims worst two defenders from a defensive standpoint since he went there) and is soooo passive Flyers fans would hate him within 10 games ('****ing soft-ass euro'... etc (not saying it is right but that is what would happen, he is not soft persee, he hits, has grit, but just, 'passive'... when he was a rookie that was accepted, it would not be now.)

He also takes a lot of stupid penalties. (More PIM per game than Schenn even though he fights almost half as often... (9 in 244 (1 every 27) vs 24 in 374 (1 every 15))

Schenn has shown he is a #3-4 in this league in 3 of his 5 and a half years, and a #5 in the other years.

Sbisa has had one 25 point year (factored) and not had more than 20 again (in three years), the other two he has looked like a bottom pairing D man and not created offence even with some PP time. 3 of his 8 points last year were on the PP.

Schenn 23, 22, 19, 17 and 16 points (factored) with almost no PP time.

There is also less than 3 months between them in age.

I would take Schenn every time really. He is better at most aspects of hockey.
This is why I say "meh." I check on him at Behindthenet occasonally, and I've yet to see anything impressive. I know that alone isn't the same as stats combined with observation, but still...meh.

11-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Schenn is skating with two left feet....

I wouldn't mind adding Sbisa to the roster at the right price. Wouldn't necessarily be an either or situation (Schenn vs Sbisa). I still think Sbisa has some decent upside under the right conditions but yeah Schenn has proven himself more..albeit inconsistently.
I do understand that... any time we could add defensive potential I am game for the right price... and one thing he has is tools and potential to round them. This time last year I would be very tempted, his offence seemed to be coming round.

But I don't know where he would fit, as Gus has played better than him both offensively and defensively both this year and last at a year older... and he would probably be the worst D man we would have defensively, and would not get on our PP or PK.

$2.2 million as well, for a 5-6 atm, would be hard to swallow.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 03:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
sbisa is more Italian than luke schenn
Fixed.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This is why I say "meh." I check on him at Behindthenet occasonally, and I've yet to see anything impressive. I know that alone isn't the same as stats combined with observation, but still...meh.
His cool italian name maybe has me partial...

But seriously, I really like what I saw out of him when he was a rookie. I wouldn't write him off though considering how we all know it takes D men a good amount of time to get established and be consistent.

How bout Rosehill for Sbisa?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I just realized how good of a year 2008 was for defensemen:

Drew Doughty
Zach Bogosian
Alex Pietrangelo
Luke Schenn
Erik Karlsson
Jake Gardiner
Luca Sbisa
Michael Del Zotto
John Carlson
Slava Voynov
Roman Josi
Travis Hamonic
Michael Stone
TJ Brodie

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 03:48 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post

Drew Doughty
Zach Bogosian
Alex Pietrangelo
Luke Schenn
Erik Karlsson
Jake Gardiner
Luca Sbisa
Michael Del Zotto
John Carlson
Slava Voynov
Roman Josi
Travis Hamonic
Michael Stone
TJ Brodie
Isn't Del Zotto being shopped? Obviously at a price....

Old
11-21-2013, 03:54 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I do understand that... any time we could add defensive potential I am game for the right price... and one thing he has is tools and potential to round them. This time last year I would be very tempted, his offence seemed to be coming round.

But I don't know where he would fit, as Gus has played better than him both offensively and defensively both this year and last at a year older... and he would probably be the worst D man we would have defensively, and would not get on our PP or PK.

$2.2 million as well, for a 5-6 atm, would be hard to swallow.
Murray has always been good with international type D men developmentally. If they got him maybe he could get a reset of sorts like Mason. He could work with Murray and Paddock.

Old
11-21-2013, 03:58 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

This was an interesting article on Sbisa and the comments from Streit

oh and check out the reader comments...lol

Quote:
The last game before I went to the Olympics I broke my [right] fibula," Sbisa said. "But I didn't know it was broken at the time. I just wanted to play so bad."

Despite any pain he might have been feeling, Sbisa played all five games, had seven shots on goal and averaged 17:03 of ice time, third among the team's defensemen behind Mark Streit (26:58) and Severin Blindenbacher (21:15).

"I remember he was still young but he played really solid hockey, good hockey. Like a veteran almost," Streit told NHL.com. "He knew how to play defense and was a great puck mover. He's big and strong so he can play physical. He has the whole package. The first Olympics for him. I was impressed.

"He hadn't been on the national team before. He got in and felt comfortable right away. He had good confidence, which was really important, and he was a really nice guy that worked hard and he listened. It was a really fun tournament to play, to get to know him better."

Sbisa said being around older players on his team like Streit and Hnat Domenichelli, who had extensive NHL experience, was one of the best parts of the Olympic experience for him.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=692159

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 11-21-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old
11-21-2013, 04:54 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I would love to have Sbisa back if we traded Mez. I like Schenn at D if he can get back into hockey form and become a little smarter out there with his positioning. Currently the Flyers have too many d-men though which is a good thing.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post

Drew Doughty
Zach Bogosian
Alex Pietrangelo