Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Old
11-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Bank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
I seriously do not understand Anaheim. They have sent Freddy down to Norfolk, just to keep two goalies that performs well below his average level. If they want to be a serious contender they should play the best goalie at any given moment, not have two goalies up that cant keep an above 90 % SVS.

I understand that they wants to gets as much as they can for Hiller in a trade, but imo they should then just send Fasth to the pressbox until matters are solved. For now Freddy is rotting away in Norfolk because they want to get as much experience to Gibson as possible.

Just my opinion.
Asset management. You gotta get what you can. You don't rush a trade to a bad return(See the Goligoski/Neal-trade) I think we as Danes might overrate the damage done by Frederik Andersen being in the AHL. Taking it slow could be okay. And remember Fasth is last years Frederik Andersen... Consistency is a lesson well learned. If they trade either Fasth or Hiller before the deadline it'll hardly be remembered. That's 5 or 6 loose arguments to go easy for some time.

In a few months it's all aboard the "Fire Murray"-trade...

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 11:11 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Asset management. You gotta get what you can. You don't rush a trade to a bad return(See the Goligoski/Neal-trade) I think we as Danes might overrate the damage done by Frederik Andersen being in the AHL. Taking it slow could be okay. And remember Fasth is last years Frederik Andersen... Consistency is a lesson well learned. If they trade either Fasth or Hiller before the deadline it'll hardly be remembered. That's 5 or 6 loose arguments to go easy for some time.

I think you misunderstood

There is nothing wrong with Andersen in AHL.. But with Gibson flying, will Andersen get to play enough, even at AHL level?

That is my concern.. He hasn't played yet since returning.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 12:14 PM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Quote:

I just don't think that they can get anything from Hiller nor Fasth. There are more good goalies available than teams who need them. And they are both "old" and hiller's contract is expiring.

admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
I think you misunderstood

There is nothing wrong with Andersen in AHL.. But with Gibson flying, will Andersen get to play enough, even at AHL level?

That is my concern.. He hasn't played yet since returning
I agree that it could be a concern of not playing as many matches as he could! Gibson might even get first priority in AHL.
So it could be a lost year if they keep Hiller and Fasth season out. Gibson might go for NHL next season so where does it leave him then?!
Still wonder why Anaheim couldn't get a trade of with NY Islanders that really seem to need a goalie desperately.......

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 03:27 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I agree that it could be a concern of not playing as many matches as he could! Gibson might even get first priority in AHL.
So it could be a lost year if they keep Hiller and Fasth season out. Gibson might go for NHL next season so where does it leave him then?!
Still wonder why Anaheim couldn't get a trade of with NY Islanders that really seem to need a goalie desperately.......
Exactly...

The least Andersens needs to do is play..
But it must be a horrible luxury problem to have... A complete goalie logjam, where several goalies progression are in danger of being stunted.

Old
11-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Bank

As you'll see some pages ago I'm as concerned with Gibsons growth as the next guy, but in the big picture a couple of months wont mean a whole lot. A) The patience shown with the Andes Mountains should apply to Gibson to. So as stated by the Anaheim fan I quoted he might not be in the NHL for a couple of seasons. The contract structures seems to point to that. B) They'll likely split time - as they did before - if not a 60/40 kinda thing in favor of the Dane.

The there's asset waste thing in cap world...

Just saying I see where Anaheim's coming from and that while this obviously not a good thing for Andersen, IMO it's not something that will stall his career several years. At least not anything that's happened in past few weeks

Old
11-22-2013, 07:50 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
As you'll see some pages ago I'm as concerned with Gibsons growth as the next guy, but in the big picture a couple of months wont mean a whole lot. A) The patience shown with the Andes Mountains should apply to Gibson to. So as stated by the Anaheim fan I quoted he might not be in the NHL for a couple of seasons. The contract structures seems to point to that. B) They'll likely split time - as they did before - if not a 60/40 kinda thing in favor of the Dane.

The there's asset waste thing in cap world...

Just saying I see where Anaheim's coming from and that while this obviously not a good thing for Andersen, IMO it's not something that will stall his career several years. At least not anything that's happened in past few weeks
I don't think anybody is bashing Anaheim.. There is really not much fault here.. Is just unlucky circumstances..

I don't think Andersen playing in the AHL even 50/50 will do him bad.. But I do think that if he does not play at least 50% of the games, it could stunt his progession...

This is not about him being sent back down to Norfolk imo, but about him actually outplaying most of the goalies in the system, and him actually being the one affected mostly by the logjam.

Old
11-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Bank

I'm not suggesting anybody is bashing Anaheim There's a lot of understanding for the situation in here... I was just trying to argue that while this situation might seem concerning in contrast to a week ago, this is part of a long process(Especially since we dealing with goalies and a cap league) where things might take a few months or more to settle down and then it'll be remembered as a speed bump on the way. Nothing in the last few weeks(Gibson was there before to) should turn on any serious red lights in terms of the Crown Prince(I like the double meaning for Danes on this one ) IMO. Not trying to duel anything out here, just placing my self on the more calm side of the thoughts here

Old
11-22-2013, 05:03 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I'm not suggesting anybody is bashing Anaheim There's a lot of understanding for the situation in here... I was just trying to argue that while this situation might seem concerning in contrast to a week ago, this is part of a long process(Especially since we dealing with goalies and a cap league) where things might take a few months or more to settle down and then it'll be remembered as a speed bump on the way. Nothing in the last few weeks(Gibson was there before to) should turn on any serious red lights in terms of the Crown Prince(I like the double meaning for Danes on this one ) IMO. Not trying to duel anything out here, just placing my self on the more calm side of the thoughts here
Well you know me... Calm is like Russian to me

Old
11-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Justinov

Wins for Vancouver and Montreal, though no points for either Jannik Hansen or Lars Eller.
NY Islanders lost and Frans Nielsen & Peter Regin was also without points. Frans Nielsen also had to leave the match after a cross check to his back.

In AHL Frederik Andersen didn't play for Norfolk (Gibson instead).
Markus Lauridsen only Dane with a point, 1A.

In WHL: Oliver Bjørkstrand has 2A in Portland's 6-4 win over Spokane.
In QMJHL: Halifax won 9-2 and Nikolaj Ehlers scored 1G.

Old
11-23-2013, 11:53 AM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Quote:
And I appreciate that...Good to be reminded of the big perspective. I think a big part of our dismay is simply due to the simple fact that it was AWESOME to see a danish goalie do so well, even if it is on a team that is playing very, very well at the moment. We should probably just be positive that Freddy not only did good in our eyes, but he also made a small name for himself. Not that it will be remembered one bit if he does badly when he gets a shot again, but it is rather amazing that he managed to create (among fans at least) discussions about actually trading either Hiller or Fasth. He will get his shot at being a starter at some point. He is simply too talented and committed for anything else in my opinion.

Old
11-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
And I appreciate that...Good to be reminded of the big perspective. I think a big part of our dismay is simply due to the simple fact that it was AWESOME to see a danish goalie do so well, even if it is on a team that is playing very, very well at the moment. We should probably just be positive that Freddy not only did good in our eyes, but he also made a small name for himself. Not that it will be remembered one bit if he does badly when he gets a shot again, but it is rather amazing that he managed to create (among fans at least) discussions about actually trading either Hiller or Fasth. He will get his shot at being a starter at some point. He is simply too talented and committed for anything else in my opinion.
I'm actually gone flip-flop here... One thing did change the last few weeks. I agree Frederik Andersens chances of a NHL-career rose a lot. A) He made it clear to not only Anaheim but the entire league that he's gonna be in the NHL full time one day B) He made it clear that he might be the best goalie in the Ducks system right now. The stars are perfectly aligned for a trade.

Because of that we're feeling the impatience to move on to the next point on the agenda

Old
11-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Bank

Regin scratched tonight. First time in NY right?

Old
11-23-2013, 05:10 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Well good news... Or not really good news.. That's cruel..

Ill try this..

News everybody.. Fasth is injured again.. Good chance we'll see Freddy up again soon.

Old
11-23-2013, 08:23 PM
NikoEhlers
Let's Go Nikolaj!!!

vCash: 50
Yea, hes listed as backup now.

NikoEhlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Regin scratched tonight. First time in NY right?
Yes Regin was out but Frans Nielsen was in, so luckily not an injury.

Otherwise yet again a Danish NHL day without any points, even though both Lars Eller, Frans Nielsen, Mikkel Bødker & Jannik Hansen was on the ice.

Old
11-24-2013, 01:05 PM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Quote:
Well good news... Or not really good news.. That's cruel..

Ill try this..

News everybody.. Fasth is injured again.. Good chance we'll see Freddy up again soon.
Ugh.....Well, its very tough to celebrate that. There already seems to be a big worry about him being injury prone and this isn't going to help that. Its lower body AGAIN and he is out 3-4 weeks. It starting to sound chronic at this point.

This might not even be good news for Freddy in the long term. The plan seemed to be to either trade Hiller and have Frederik backup and compete with Fasth or extend Hiller and trade Fasth. But Fasth has zero trade value at this point even if he comes back and plays well...He's 31 and have been out with the same injury(Or at least an injury in the same area) quite a few times in the last year. Fasth was extended not that long ago so they might keep him as a backup and extend hiller.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Bank

Quote:
Ugh.....Well, its very tough to celebrate that. There already seems to be a big worry about him being injury prone and this isn't going to help that. Its lower body AGAIN and he is out 3-4 weeks. It starting to sound chronic at this point.

This might not even be good news for Freddy in the long term. The plan seemed to be to either trade Hiller and have Frederik backup and compete with Fasth or extend Hiller and trade Fasth. But Fasth has zero trade value at this point even if he comes back and plays well...He's 31 and have been out with the same injury(Or at least an injury in the same area) quite a few times in the last year. Fasth was extended not that long ago so they might keep him as a backup and extend hiller.
Once again... completely agree. He's getting hard to trade. The road-map laid out by the contract structures in Anaheim would have Fasth being the starter next year, but with his injury history you'd have to wonder if Anaheim want to rely on him. The obvious solution if they can't trade Fasth is to extend Hiller which rips the road map(If they are thinking like this) apart and opens a pandora's box of challenges. For one a doubt he'd take a one year contract.

If anybody has given up on Anaheim trading a goalie in this season(I haven't) they'd have to hope for Fasth to get back and play like a starter and thereby give Anaheim the confidence to release Hiller and moving everybody else a notch up... yeah it's a weird world if you wants it to be

For now all Frederik can do is add to the CV one game at a time. Go get them big fella!

Old
11-26-2013, 02:19 PM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Quote:
Once again... completely agree. He's getting hard to trade. The road-map laid out by the contract structures in Anaheim would have Fasth being the starter next year, but with his injury history you'd have to wonder if Anaheim want to rely on him. The obvious solution if they can't trade Fasth is to extend Hiller which rips the road map(If they are thinking like this) apart and opens a pandora's box of challenges. For one a doubt he'd take a one year contract.

If anybody has given up on Anaheim trading a goalie in this season(I haven't) they'd have to hope for Fasth to get back and play like a starter and thereby give Anaheim the confidence to release Hiller and moving everybody else a notch up... yeah it's a weird world if you wants it to be

For now all Frederik can do is add to the CV one game at a time. Go get them big fella!
Hope he plays againts Dallas tonight. Fasth could be back in 3 weeks.

Old
11-27-2013, 06:00 AM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Anaheim was punished for not starting Andersen by Hiller letting in 3 goals in 53 seconds......He was apparantly very good for the first two periods but that doesn't matter

Old
11-27-2013, 07:39 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

I really hope Andersen starts Saturday

And Admire, I completely agree with what you write in reply to me

Old
11-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Justinov

Forgot to mention that Mikkel Bødker scored his 5'th goal some days ago, and that Markus Lauridsen has scored his first AHL goal against a stone cold Nickas Jensen.

Old
11-27-2013, 04:50 PM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Quote:
Forgot to mention that Mikkel Bødker scored his 5'th goal some days ago, and that Markus Lauridsen has scored his first AHL goal against a stone cold Nickas Jensen.
Jensen seems to have been cold for a long time now

Old
11-28-2013, 04:06 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
And his 6th last night

Quote:
Jensen seems to have been cold for a long time now
Jensen is a tough nut to crack.. Utica is the 2nd least scoring team in the A, and Jensen is suffering from that.

He has been snakebitten, as he get's the shots off and plays well.
Im not 100% sold on Jensen though... So time will have to tell.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Jensen is a tough nut to crack.. Utica is the 2nd least scoring team in the A, and Jensen is suffering from that.

He has been snakebitten, as he get's the shots off and plays well.
Im not 100% sold on Jensen though... So time will have to tell.
Nicklas Jensen's production has been almost very low since his time with AIK and that is actually quite worrying that if he can't produce in AHL he is nowhere near an NHL career.
So hopefully it will turn around soon.....