HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Nov. 21, 2013|Sabres 1 at Flyers 4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2013, 09:28 PM
  #51
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,845
vCash: 500
Once Giroux misses a shot he gets extremely gun shy for the rest of the game, when he makes a dumb pass he just continues to keep passing regardless of how many bad passes he makes. I don't get it.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:35 PM
  #52
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
I would say give Voracek and Giroux some time apart. Both are adept at carrying the puck up the ice, which is something sorely needed on the wings of the second line, as both Schenn and Simmonds are poor at it and neither of them can receive a pass while skating with any speed.

Giroux and Voracek have both passed up way too many chances to shoot in order to try to find each other and are generally just too fancy with the puck when simple plays to the net can be made. They regularly enter the zone with speed and the puck on their sticks, (Giroux and Voracek are the only guys who can regularly do this) but after that, it's usually a turnover.
So are you saying the lines should be

Harntell-Giroux-Simmonds
Schenn-Vinny-Voracek

That first line just doesn't have a good enough skater for Giroux IMO. Maybe just switch the centers?

Schenn-Giroux-Simmonds
Harntell-Vinny-Voracek

I think for now, while they are winning, I would not change a thing. They have been playing great team hockey and have been winning which is most important

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:35 PM
  #53
tymed
Registered User
 
tymed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Hey missed my first game of the season. Could someone maybe summarize the Goods and Bads please???

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:37 PM
  #54
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
A good 2 points from a trap game.

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
  #55
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,580
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
A good 2 points from a trap game.
playing the worst team to play in the nhl i maybe the past 5 years is not a trap game.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
  #56
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,779
vCash: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
Hey missed my first game of the season. Could someone maybe summarize the Goods and Bads please???
Slow start.

Buffalo scored in the first period on the powerplay.

Hartnell took a bad 4-minute penalty early in the second which was killed.

Read scored twice late in the second in under two minutes.

Couturier, Downie and Read excelled.

Flyers failed on parts of two 5-on-3 situations.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:46 PM
  #57
GiggityGiggityGoo
Registered User
 
GiggityGiggityGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 206
vCash: 516
We dont need Berube to start over tweaking these lines. Let the current lines ride out until we start losing games.

GiggityGiggityGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
  #58
flyersfan02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan02 Send a message via Yahoo to flyersfan02
G needs to be ****ing selfish, and start shooting more. Other than that, 2 points


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-21-2013 at 09:57 PM.
flyersfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:59 PM
  #59
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,246
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
playing the worst team to play in the nhl i maybe the past 5 years is not a trap game.
I think he meant that we didn't overlook them. We came out with a great effort (45 shots I think), and didn't drop a game to a team we are clearly better than.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 10:20 PM
  #60
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,155
vCash: 500
It's amazing that, with this win, the Flyers vault 4 teams. Plus, they are 1 point behind the New Jersey OTLs, and 2 behind the Rangers.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 10:33 PM
  #61
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,836
vCash: 500
Late to the party here, and im sure everyone else noticed this as well, but... Damn couturier was a BEAST tonight.

Real strong on the puck and was playing with more confidence than I've seen from him in a while.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 11:13 PM
  #62
Funf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
I want the Couts line to keep the moustaches going all year. I think it's been key to their success.

Funf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 11:49 PM
  #63
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
The Read-Couturier-Downie line has been the teams best line since Downie was put on that line.

Just a dominant puck possession line right now.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 12:09 AM
  #64
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,635
vCash: 50
good team win.
seemed to settle down after a ragged first period.

2 more points

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 12:24 AM
  #65
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,886
vCash: 500
Coots line was good for sure. A guy I think that I think had a strong game was Coburn. He was a force out there.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 01:46 AM
  #66
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
So are you saying the lines should be

Harntell-Giroux-Simmonds
Schenn-Vinny-Voracek

That first line just doesn't have a good enough skater for Giroux IMO. Maybe just switch the centers?

Schenn-Giroux-Simmonds
Harntell-Vinny-Voracek

I think for now, while they are winning, I would not change a thing. They have been playing great team hockey and have been winning which is most important
I'd like to see Voracek go to the second line and Schenn go to the top line. Simmonds would need to play on the left side, but I think it's manageable. Lecavalier is probably this team's best shooter, and I don't know if anyone else notices it, but it seems he's always looking to feed Schenn. I think he's trying to be the good vet and all, but this team lacks scorers and they need Lecavalier to be scoring. Playing him with a great passer like Voracek would maximize his goalscoring potential at even strength.

I don't believe in waiting for them to start losing games before making changes. Neither line has been producing much and the team needs their big guns to start getting on a roll. They've played some mediocre to bad teams lately and the guys who should've been destroying these teams (Giroux, Voracek, etc) have still been real quiet. They shouldn't be relying on their third line to beat a terrible team like Buffalo.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 01:58 AM
  #67
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Late to the party here, and im sure everyone else noticed this as well, but... Damn couturier was a BEAST tonight.

Real strong on the puck and was playing with more confidence than I've seen from him in a while.
I agree. I was like "WOW"! Who cares if he doesn't get 30 goals a season.

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 02:06 AM
  #68
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Basically the third line won that game. Really impressed with them.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 04:35 AM
  #69
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
I'd like to see Voracek go to the second line and Schenn go to the top line. Simmonds would need to play on the left side, but I think it's manageable. Lecavalier is probably this team's best shooter, and I don't know if anyone else notices it, but it seems he's always looking to feed Schenn. I think he's trying to be the good vet and all, but this team lacks scorers and they need Lecavalier to be scoring. Playing him with a great passer like Voracek would maximize his goalscoring potential at even strength.

I don't believe in waiting for them to start losing games before making changes. Neither line has been producing much and the team needs their big guns to start getting on a roll. They've played some mediocre to bad teams lately and the guys who should've been destroying these teams (Giroux, Voracek, etc) have still been real quiet. They shouldn't be relying on their third line to beat a terrible team like Buffalo.
Thing is the Lecavalier line actually works right now, so splitting them up would be a risk of ending up with two line not working instead of one.
I wouldn't change a thing right now, and for the next line change if want line 3 and 4 untouched and 1 and 2 look like this:

Hartnell-G-Lecavalier
Simmonds-Schenn-Simmonds

Schenn is twice the player at center ice as he is on wing.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 06:26 AM
  #70
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Thing is the Lecavalier line actually works right now, so splitting them up would be a risk of ending up with two line not working instead of one.
I wouldn't change a thing right now, and for the next line change if want line 3 and 4 untouched and 1 and 2 look like this:

Hartnell-G-Lecavalier
Simmonds-Schenn-Simmonds

Schenn is twice the player at center ice as he is on wing.
I really don't see why Schenn is a center. For me he isn't great with the puck on his stick.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 06:54 AM
  #71
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 50
Frustrating win really... they almost seemed tired. What I think happened is they under-estimated buffalo... thank goodness buffalo is so bad they still couldn't win.

Poor buffalo fans.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:28 AM
  #72
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,773
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Frustrating win really... they almost seemed tired. What I think happened is they under-estimated buffalo... thank goodness buffalo is so bad they still couldn't win.

Poor buffalo fans.
The Flyers had ~15 bad minutes at the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd IMO. The rest they were dominant but Miller stood on his head. 45 shots vs anyone is pretty good creation of offence.

G post, save on V, save on Couts, save on G were all prime scoring chances that did not go in... there was another one or two great saves by Miller as well, Buffalo had about 1 more good chance after the one they scored... and if Emery controls the rebound on the first (it was bizarre, kinda fell out of him) Buffalo don't score.

I think the 1st 5 mins were so easy it looked like it was a romp, so some players just decided to be a bit too tricky on zone entries, passes etc.

When Buffalo scored it woke them all up.

But always hard to judge how well a team really played vs such an awful one. It was sloppy in parts.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:28 AM
  #73
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
playing the worst team to play in the nhl i maybe the past 5 years is not a trap game.
Tell that to the Kings and Leafs.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:06 AM
  #74
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Thing is the Lecavalier line actually works right now, so splitting them up would be a risk of ending up with two line not working instead of one.
I wouldn't change a thing right now, and for the next line change if want line 3 and 4 untouched and 1 and 2 look like this:

Hartnell-G-Lecavalier
Simmonds-Schenn-Simmonds

Schenn is twice the player at center ice as he is on wing.
And I guess Simmonds is twice the player on wing.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:14 AM
  #75
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
I wouldn't mess with a damn thing...

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.