HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Jason Labarbera: clears

Old
11-21-2013, 01:07 PM
VayaConDios

vCash: 500
with him in OKC which goalie will go to bakesfield and when will Bachman be back?

VayaConDios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 01:11 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
OKC also signed Chet Pickard and Rimmer. We have to make a deal. There has to be someone that needs a starter in the AHL in return for a forward for the AHL.

We simply have too many goalies.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
VayaConDios

Rimmer will be in Quad City all season and Pickard at most will be the 2nd/3rd string in Bakersfield with everyone healthy. Maybe one of our goalies can play spengler cup or something for Canada?

VayaConDios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 01:39 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by VayaConDios View Post
Rimmer will be in Quad City all season and Pickard at most will be the 2nd/3rd string in Bakersfield with everyone healthy. Maybe one of our goalies can play spengler cup or something for Canada?
We need to move one. Bachman is still young enough that you could develop him into something. Brossoit/Bunz can split with him while the other starts in Bakersfield. Spengler cup is for what 2 weeks? Would be a short term fix at best. Really need to trade Labarbra as it would be a shame for him to be getting games in the AHL when we have 3 other guys that I'd prefer getting action for developmental purposes.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Asher

Gee, I guess when I said signing Labarbera was a huge mistake I was on to something. Problem is, I wasn't alone. Just about everyone not named Craig MacTavish said the same thing.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 07:28 PM
DarthP0ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post

DarthP0ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 07:39 PM
harpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
WORLDS. GREATEST. GIF!!

I love this! I think I need to keep it forever.
Yeah that gif is amazing. For some reason it reminds me of Billy Corgan circa 1985.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 10:39 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
He cleared waivers. That a good sign of just what kind of backup goalie we signed.

Great job, Mac-T.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 02:38 AM
harpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
He cleared waivers. That a good sign of just what kind of backup goalie we signed.

Great job, Mac-T.
Didn't cost a lot of money. And really how many games did he lose for the team? Two?
Its an error, now rectified. Stuff like that happens in the NHL.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Pennertration

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Didn't cost a lot of money. And really how many games did he lose for the team? Two?
Its an error, now rectified. Stuff like that happens in the NHL.
Much as I dislike Labarbera, this is true ... Dubnyk is the one who really let us down. Although, given his recent play you wonder if a stronger backup would've pushed Dubnyk and prevented his rancid play. Either way, I think that's more on Dubnyk than MacT. He shouldn't need another goalie to make him play well.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
Much as I dislike Labarbera, this is true ... Dubnyk is the one who really let us down. Although, given his recent play you wonder if a stronger backup would've pushed Dubnyk and prevented his rancid play. Either way, I think that's more on Dubnyk than MacT. He shouldn't need another goalie to make him play well.
I don't know if there's a connection between the Bryz signing and DD playing better as of late, but during the summer I was loudly calling for them to sign a goalie that could push DD and even take over the starting spot if he faltered... a "tandem goalie," if you will. I was extremely upset when they brought in a "supporting goalie" like JLB (who I don't even think is a good backup unless he almost never plays) and predicted it would do serious damage to the team at some point this season.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Pennertration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I don't know if there's a connection between the Bryz signing and DD playing better as of late, but during the summer I was loudly calling for them to sign a goalie that could push DD and even take over the starting spot if he faltered... a "tandem goalie," if you will. I was extremely upset when they brought in a "supporting goalie" like JLB (who I don't even think is a good backup unless he almost never plays) and predicted it would do serious damage to the team at some point this season.
I was disappointed by the Labarbera signing (I preferred Khudobin) but I also thought he was a steady and half decent backup. And the one-year deal made it something I could stomach. That was then.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote