HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

some fiddler 411

Old
12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
irisheyes555

vCash: 500
some fiddler 411

next should be vokoun or maybe mikko. what do we do with rads if all of the forwards are healthy? what do we do with leighton when tomas comes back? i would like to trade him back to the ducks. wouldn't that be some salt in the wound. besides rads is there anyone else we can send down w/o having to clear waivers?

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS02/61228013

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 02:32 PM
PredDave

My guess is that Trotz will rotate between Fiddler, Smithson, Tootoo, and Hordichuk (playing 3 of the 4; matchups based on our opponent).

Once Nichol is back from suspension & Upshall is healthy, we will be in a pickle! I simply don't think Poile would return Radulov to the minors -- it would be stupid. Maybe he tries to send Hordichuk or Smithson or even Tootoo down to the minors (via waivers)? Maybe he sends Upshall out of town in a trade for a draft pick or future considerations?

I definitely think Leighton goes on waivers once it is shown that Vokoun is healthy enough to play.

Oh yeah, defenseman Mikko Lehtonen is also free to go up and down without being exposed to waivers...

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 02:37 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
My guess is that Trotz will rotate between Fiddler, Smithson, Tootoo, and Hordichuk (playing 3 of the 4; matchups based on our opponent).

Once Nichol is back from suspension & Upshall is healthy, we will be in a pickle! I simply don't think Poile would return Radulov to the minors -- it would be stupid. Maybe he tries to send Hordichuk or Smithson or even Tootoo down to the minors (via waivers)? Maybe he sends Upshall out of town in a trade for a draft pick or future considerations?

I definitely think Leighton goes on waivers once it is shown that Vokoun is healthy enough to play.
I would absolutely love a situation where Trotz had to consider sending Radulov back to Milwaukee. Because that would mean we'd be completely healthy at forward!

That being said, I think these things tend to solve themselves. I think if push comes to shove, you absolutely send Radulov down, almost regardless of how he is playing. Why? Because he'll only be down for a short period of time before someone gets injured and he comes right back up. I love the way our forward core is set up right now. Unlike the defense, it doesn't need any changes to win the Cup. I'd love to enter the playoffs with all of our current forwards. No need to keep Radulov up at the risk of losing anyone because I think we'll regret it in the end.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Thats a tough pill to get down, but I agree. It's naive to think that we won't be hurt by the injury bug again, so much so, that it's crazy to not plan for them. It'd probably be a maximum of two weeks before he got called back up again. But, at the same time, if we were able to get something good in return for Upshall, I'd entertain the idea.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:16 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I haven't seen anything on Upshall's status but I think he's been pretty much replaced by Radulov.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
We don't really need to send down or get rid of anyone at this point in time, even when all of our injuries are healed and Nichol gets back from suspension...

With Lehtonen down in Milwaukee, we are only carrying six defensemen. With Vokoun back, Leighton is waived or traded (the former being the most logical option) so we are back down to two goalies. And with all of the injured/suspended forwards back we are at 15 forwards.

Now obviously 15 forwards is A LOT of forwards to be carrying, but Upshall will undoubtedly agree to a two-week conditioning stint in Milwaukee (he wouldn't have to clear waivers for that purpose, but would still take up a Nashville roster spot) and as has been mentioned our "energy" line would be formed based on the strengths/weaknesses of our opponents.

The problem will be if a defenseman gets dinged up and is not ready to play, but not injured enough to be put on IR. In that event, we are going to have to make a roster decision and thankfully I'm not the one that has to do it.

Sending Radulov down at this point is not an option. He is growing with confidence each game as is his role on the team. His ice time is increasing and his line seems to be forming a lot of chemistry working together.

Personally, if I had to make a decision...it would come down to either Smithson, Fiddler, or maybe Nichol down. I really like Smithson and believe given the proper role he can be an effective fourth-line center, but at the same time Fiddler has shown his ability to play on scoring lines in limited doses over the past two seasons and has also (like the other two) shown his worth on the PK and in the faceoff circles. Nichol is an option purely because I think we might be able to sneak him down coming off of this "Spacek" incident and some teams will be hard-pressed to justify to their fanbase why they picked him up. I don't think Nichol is going anywhere though because he would not survive recall waivers and we would lose him and be stuck for half his salary.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:44 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post

Oh yeah, defenseman Mikko Lehtonen is also free to go up and down without being exposed to waivers...
i keep forgetting that while he isn't new to hockey, he is new to the NHL. so assuming he gets his head right, we should be able to yo-yo him on the defensive side and rads on the offensive for any IRs. i know that is a big assumption on mikko's part since he may have lost his confidience as part of the brain bruise. of course we could always call up another AHL defenseman to do the same thing should we have someone go down on that side. don't like the idea of sending rads down, but it is better than losing someone outright AND having to pay for half the salary. we should learn that lesson from what we did to the ducks. after all with 15 forwards it is almost assurred that someone is going to get dinged sooner or later, maybe almost consecutively(then we can keep rads up indefinetly). i just don't like the thought of telling him to find a place to live in nashville and then sending him back to the "land of shotz" after his dad shows up. of course it would be just as bad for any player who has even more permanent residence in nashville. part of the business i guess.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote