HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 12-27-06 Stars at Avalanche 7 PM MT

Old
12-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by volaju View Post
I thought that in order for a goalie to receive the L, he has to be in net when the game winning goal was scored. So I don't really think you can blame those losses on Theo, the team gave Budaj a chance to win in those games.

How about the 4-5 goals that THeo let in beforehand? If he didn't let those in, maybe Budaj won't be on the hook for the replacement?

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:34 PM
volaju

Yeah, but that's just way too much speculation for me. The fact of the matter is, the game was tied at some point for the backup to give up the GWG. If he can't make the stops to give his team the win, he gets the L.

I see what you're saying and I partially agree, but it's too much "woulda, shoulda, coulda". Yeah, it's not exactly fair, but who knows what would have happened if he had started the game.

volaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by volaju View Post
Yeah, but that's just way too much speculation for me. The fact of the matter is, the game was tied at some point for the backup to give up the GWG. If he can't make the stops to give his team the win, he gets the L.

I see what you're saying and I partially agree, but it's too much "woulda, shoulda, coulda". Yeah, it's not exactly fair, but who knows what would have happened if he had started the game.
Well, i have to disagree with your point of view. I guess I am pretty sensitive to those who defend Theo at this time, because of last night's game.

For example, the room is too small for the backup goalie to make mistake, especially if the game is tied. IF he gave up one more goal, that will be his losing record.
In that sense, I disagree on your point on the backup getting the L. I don't think it was fair.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:01 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico View Post
Nothing personal, but did you actually see the game? How many goals against Theo were scored with someone camped on the doorstep picking up a loose puck and shoveling it in? Answer: none.

The team was plenty aggressive - even with a lead - last night, and it was NOT defensive breakdowns that led to the goals against. It isn't every game that can be said, but this was one of them.
I have to agree. There have been many times--and I mean many--this year when the goaltenders have been ripped after the team defense was really to blame for a horrible performance. This was not one of those nights. Despite a so-so first period, the team played plenty well enough to win.

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote