HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another deal with Phx?

Old
12-28-2006, 05:14 PM
wheeler1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Ryder + Niniimaa + 1st for Doan.
Take out Niniimaa and add a goalie prospect like Danis.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
You sound like your about to cry.
What??

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:16 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AY View Post
What??
The yotes are interested in goalies, along with young prospects. Please listen.

Old
12-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Garo

Quote:
Take out Niniimaa and add a goalie prospect like Danis.
I would think about it... I would prefer a 2nd though.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
The yotes are interested in goalies, along with young prospects.
Not UFA goalies, or UFA anythings unless they are salary dumps, like Niinimaa was in the Ryder, Niniimaa and a 1st proposal which works better if Ryder is still a RFA.

If Abby was the salary dump but the big return was the pick or prospect then fine.

Old
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
I would think about it... I would prefer a 2nd though.
The yotes could use the first round pick with Danis,Ryder for Doan. The first round pick is almost a given as a starting point.

Old
sonnytheman

Just throwing it out there....

Samsonov for Scatchard?

sonnytheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman View Post

Samsonov for Scatchard?
If Nagy was traded for picks/prospects I would consider this.

Old
12-28-2006, 05:21 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Not UFA goalies, or UFA anythings unless they are salary dumps, like Niinimaa was in the Ryder, Niniimaa and a 1st proposal which works better if Ryder is still a RFA.
Danis has alot of talent. My brother is a huge habs fan and he tells me that Danis has got loads of talent and Montreal also has alot of depth at goaltending postion. I would use a first round pick and Danis as a building block. One talented scoring prospect should get it done.

Old
12-28-2006, 05:22 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman View Post

Samsonov for Scatchard?
I would say done deal.

Old
12-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Danis has alot of talent. My brother is a huge habs fan and he tells me that Danis has got loads of talent and Montreal also has alot of depth at goaltending postion. I would use a first round pick and Danis as a building block. One talented scoring prospect should get it done.
But Danis is also a UFA at the end of the year. Why trade for someone you can try to sign for free if his being around won't help them this year?

Old
12-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Duster

Quote:
Wrong! Doan has played center before and he does all the little things. This year has been ruff for him, he missed 10 games with a sore back and this is the extent of his injuries for his whole career. Doan started slow last year too, and then went on a tear for the second half and finished with a 30 goal season. I don't think he wiil be dealt, he is the face of the coyotes and Gretzky likes him alot. Nagy,Comrie,Morris will go before him.
Um, you don't have to convince me about Doan's playing abilities. The team "may" be looking for a second line centre as a cheap rental and possibly a defenseman. Not an overpriced winger who can play centre on occasion who will walk away at the end of the season

Last edited by Duster: 12-28-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:52 PM
fredez

Doan is having a horrible year and he always seems to be in and out of the lineup due to injuries. I wouldn't risk any trade involving him.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:57 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
Doan is having a horrible year and he always seems to be in and out of the lineup due to injuries. I wouldn't risk any trade involving him.
He always starts off slow and then goes on a major hot streak. He missed 10 games with a back strain and that is the extent of his injuries for his career. Last season he played in every game and the year before that. He isn't even injury prone. He has been a horse for this team and usually doesn't miss games. I don't think Doan will be dealt anyway, he was quoted in a recent article for the arizona republic saying an extension for him and the yotes will get done.

Old
12-28-2006, 06:01 PM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlGuy View Post
What I don't understand is why are all of these threads keep showing up when we're winning?
you deal when you're in a postion of strength - the last time Gainey made a move for a top-line forward on a winning team it helped put the Stars over the top. The Stars were a winning team when Bob dealt Iginla to the Flames for Nieuwendyk; he helped take pressure off their top center Modano.

I'd like Doan or Comrie. If Phoenix will take Samsonov and Ryder for Doan.......

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Will Ryder be a RFA or UFA after the season?
RFA. Don't know if he's worth resigning with Latendresse, Grabovski and Kostistyn who could all be top 6 next season.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Ryder + Niniimaa + 1st for Doan.
Errr no.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
RFA. Don't know if he's worth resigning with Latendresse, Grabovski and Kostistyn who could all be top 6 next season.
He will be resigned for sure what you expect to go with a second year player and more rookies?

Old
12-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
He will be resigned for sure what you expect to go with a second year player and more rookies?
Hmm, Lats is catching up to Ryder in terms of points even while on the 4th line, with very rare icetime and even rarer PP opportunities. I don't think Ryder brings much more to the table than Lats does, other than a little experience. As far as passing and offensive awarness is concerned I do believe that Latendresse is already beyond Ryder, his shooting certainly isn't far off. If the guy sheds a few pds in the off-season and gains a little speed, their's no doubt in my mind that he'll be more effective than Ryder. We'll have more top 6 forwards than we can handle next season...so you'd have to think that someone will be dealt;

Ryder, Koivu, Latendresse, Higgins, Kovalev, Samsonov, Grabovski (is better than Plekanec as far as top 6), Kostitsyn (has to be on the team before next season). That's 8 guys that can easily be in the top 6 and it doesn't include someone who currently is in the top 6, Plekanec...Who I assume will return to 3rd line duties if Bonk isn't resigned.

I would hope that Gainey will try and trade Kovalev or Samsonov before dealing Ryder.... But if we're to try and re-sign Markov + Souray, we might need 11m$+.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 04:19 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
RFA. Don't know if [RYDER's]worth resigning with Latendresse, Grabovski and Kostistyn who could all be top 6 next season.

Hmm, Lats is catching up to Ryder in terms of points even while on the 4th line, with very rare icetime and even rarer PP opportunities. I don't think Ryder brings much more to the table than Lats does, other than a little experience. As far as passing and offensive awarness is concerned I do believe that Latendresse is already beyond Ryder, his shooting certainly isn't far off. If the guy sheds a few pds in the off-season and gains a little speed, their's no doubt in my mind that he'll be more effective than Ryder. We'll have more top 6 forwards than we can handle next season...so you'd have to think that someone will be dealt;

Ryder, Koivu, Latendresse, Higgins, Kovalev, Samsonov, Grabovski (is better than Plekanec as far as top 6), Kostitsyn (has to be on the team before next season). That's 8 guys that can easily be in the top 6 and it doesn't include someone who currently is in the top 6, Plekanec...Who I assume will return to 3rd line duties if Bonk isn't resigned.

I would hope that Gainey will try and trade Kovalev or Samsonov before dealing Ryder.... But if we're to try and re-sign Markov + Souray, we might need 11m$+.
It's a legitimate discussion to bat around whom to keep, whom to trade, and whom to try to make a spot for, either on the squad as a whole or on the two scoring lines.

But FIRST you sign all your RFA's unless they are of no value to ANYONE. So, OF COURSE you sign Ryder, even if you think, as I do, that he may be a person we could trade for the right return. You don't just let a proven 26 year old goal scorer walk when he is in the $2M or so range..

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 05:17 AM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
you deal when you're in a postion of strength - the last time Gainey made a move for a top-line forward on a winning team it helped put the Stars over the top. The Stars were a winning team when Bob dealt Iginla to the Flames for Nieuwendyk; he helped take pressure off their top center Modano.

I'd like Doan or Comrie. If Phoenix will take Samsonov and Ryder for Doan.......
Basically what I'm trying to say is why try to fix something that isn't broken? The team as it sits now has a great locker room chemistry and also on ice.
You supposedly go for the guy that puts you over the top, that move could ruin a lot of things.
You know I'm just very pleased where we are in the standings,how we keep winning our D,Goaltending is fantasic!
I think that everyones hopes are a bit high all things considered.
I've read enough here to know that if we get turfed in the 2nd round of the post season it'll be "Trade the whole damn lot" or a pile of finger pointing to a few key players that actually helped get us there in the 1st place.
I think we should be happy we have such a great team and it's a lot more quiet around these parts from the Leaf fans

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 06:37 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

True. The kid seems to have a boat load of talent, but maybe we should wait until he play a game or two in the NHL before saying he's better than guys that are already skating with the big boys.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 08:43 AM
PattyRoy

I thought we already had Shane Doan...

His name is Michael Ryder.

PattyRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 09:01 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
See now that I agree with!!! It would be much smarter to keep the younger and cheaper Ryder and trade off Kovy who has been good in the playoffs for us but has been every where from great to average during the regular season. With his salary he should be great most of the time.

Old
12-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Delat

If we get Doan or Comrie I'm pretty sure Perezhogin wil be included, it's one of my favorite player and I would be sad seeing him leaving...if not it's going to be a Kovalev type of trade, Locke + high pick vs Comrie, don't forget they are sellers not rubbers...they want young guys and picks. i wouldn't even trade Ryder for Doan right now... Ryder is good and for me is worth more than Doan acutally on the trade market.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote