HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2013, 09:51 AM
  #26
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,959
vCash: 500
What? only 56? I hope KHL gets rid of RHF so they can finally have 70+ games season.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:51 AM
  #27
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
That would simply be today's situation + 2 games against Jokerit for every team. Pretty humdrum. I want 70+ games, too.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:54 AM
  #28
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That would simply be today's situation + 2 games against Jokerit for every team. Pretty humdrum. I want 70+ games, too.
It all depends on what happens after Olympics if KHL seperates itself from RHF then 70+ games is likely,because KHL leaders also want longer season,but the Federation doesnt allow it.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 11:38 AM
  #29
Peter25
Registered User
 
Peter25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
I would not want 70+ games for a season in the KHL.

The only way Europeans can compete with North Americans is to have a higher practices to games ratio than North Americans. Europeans don't have the same resources as the North Americans so the training has to be better and generally Europeans have to train more.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:41 PM
  #30
obskyr
Registered User
 
obskyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Karelia
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
I would not want 70+ games for a season in the KHL.

The only way Europeans can compete with North Americans is to have a higher practices to games ratio than North Americans. Europeans don't have the same resources as the North Americans so the training has to be better and generally Europeans have to train more.
But the vast majority of the European players who are able to compete on the highest level have the same practices to games ratio as the top North Americans. They play in the same league.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:49 PM
  #31
Peter25
Registered User
 
Peter25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
But the vast majority of the European players who are able to compete on the highest level have the same practices to games ratio as the top North Americans. They play in the same league.
Yes, but for younger KHL players it would be beneficial to play less and practice more.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 02:42 PM
  #32
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,334
vCash: 500
not sure if this is the right thread to put it...but this guy: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=849

who? is he any good?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  #33
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
not sure if this is the right thread to put it...but this guy: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=849

who? is he any good?
no, not good

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:04 PM
  #34
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Yes, but for younger KHL players it would be beneficial to play less and practice more.
No one would force KHL coaches to let every young player play all 70+ regular season games. They could rotate several young players, letting each young player play 50 games or so per season, like now.

What we need:
  • cancel KHL conferences, switch to a divisional format like the NHL has now
  • keep home-and-away games against every other KHL team = the current KHL model
  • to that, add another home-and-away game against every team in your division (that means 4 games per season between divisional opponents)
The result = a regular season of around 70 games, just what is needed, practical and logical.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:09 PM
  #35
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
No one would force KHL coaches to let every young player play all 70+ regular season games. They could rotate several young players, letting each young player play 50 games or so per season, like now.

What we need:
  • cancel KHL conferences, switch to a divisional format like the NHL has now
  • keep home-and-away games against every other KHL team = the current KHL model
  • to that, add another home-and-away game against every team in your division (that means 4 games per season between divisional opponents)
The result = a regular season of around 70 games, just what is needed, practical and logical.
I like it. I think KHL should have less than 80 but more than 65 games.
It seems to me like 50ish games are for smaller leagues with 14ish teams in them. Like the NLA or something.

As for the juniors, exactly the above. Rarely do rookies play a full season, except the ultra talented ones and those are a couple at most. Even then the NHL does not allow players under 18 at all while KHL teams ice 17 year olds all the time(even younger sometimes). If anything, a longer season with more games would mean more juniors would get to play for more games. With the league approaching 30 teams I think more games is a must.

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 04:36 AM
  #36
swosh
Im pink hair niггa
 
swosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Prague
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
I think rule about junior works like a salary cap. It decreases gap between rich and poor clubs and help develope youngs, but it shouldnt apply on goalies

swosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 01:03 PM
  #37
thevreelander
Registered User
 
thevreelander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
No one would force KHL coaches to let every young player play all 70+ regular season games. They could rotate several young players, letting each young player play 50 games or so per season, like now.

What we need:
  • cancel KHL conferences, switch to a divisional format like the NHL has now
  • keep home-and-away games against every other KHL team = the current KHL model
  • to that, add another home-and-away game against every team in your division (that means 4 games per season between divisional opponents)
The result = a regular season of around 70 games, just what is needed, practical and logical.

I definitely think the divisional format needs to happen in the KHL. My opinion is the KHL doesn't capitalize on rivalry as much as they should either, so I really like your idea.

thevreelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 01:21 PM
  #38
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevreelander View Post
I definitely think the divisional format needs to happen in the KHL. My opinion is the KHL doesn't capitalize on rivalry as much as they should either, so I really like your idea.
I agree with you. KHL had divisional model 2 or 3 yrs back, but had to change it due to international calendar and Sochi Games. Lets hope this "international schedulling" will allow KHL more games (cca 65-75) in future.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 02:36 PM
  #39
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
I would not want 70+ games for a season in the KHL.

The only way Europeans can compete with North Americans is to have a higher practices to games ratio than North Americans. Europeans don't have the same resources as the North Americans so the training has to be better and generally Europeans have to train more.
I totally agree with your points. The quality of hockey would be significantly greater with a higher practice- to game ratio. Unfortunately, more games generate more revenue, so I am guessing that they will continue to expand the number of games from season to season.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 03:39 PM
  #40
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Riga pre-game

Sokil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 03:49 PM
  #41
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
more Anisin hilarity


Sokil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:29 PM
  #42
JetsAlternate
Registered User
 
JetsAlternate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,679
vCash: 500
How has Sergei Shirokov looked this season? From what I've read, he has been fairly frustrated; how did he look with CSKA Moscow earlier this season, and how has he been thus far with Avangard Omsk? A description of his play, his strengths, and his weaknesses would be much appreciated. I haven't seen him much since he left the NHL. Considering this is the final year of his current deal, I wonder if he would consider playing in Florida next season.


Last edited by JetsAlternate: 11-24-2013 at 07:38 PM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:26 AM
  #43
alce*
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
What? only 56? I hope KHL gets rid of RHF so they can finally have 70+ games season.
In order to "get rid of RHF", KHL has to earn some money. Or at least it has to spend money that aren't belong to state-owned companies. Maximum what they can do now is trying to find a compromise with RHF, not ditch it.

alce* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 05:42 AM
  #44
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
How has Sergei Shirokov looked this season? From what I've read, he has been fairly frustrated; how did he look with CSKA Moscow earlier this season, and how has he been thus far with Avangard Omsk? A description of his play, his strengths, and his weaknesses would be much appreciated. I haven't seen him much since he left the NHL. Considering this is the final year of his current deal, I wonder if he would consider playing in Florida next season.
He is NOT an NHL caliber player. He is not a game breaker and heavily depends on his line-mates, has poor finishing and not extremely fast either. He's an ok KHL second liner, I think his NHL career is over without really getting off to a start

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 07:16 AM
  #45
thevreelander
Registered User
 
thevreelander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
How has Sergei Shirokov looked this season? From what I've read, he has been fairly frustrated; how did he look with CSKA Moscow earlier this season, and how has he been thus far with Avangard Omsk? A description of his play, his strengths, and his weaknesses would be much appreciated. I haven't seen him much since he left the NHL. Considering this is the final year of his current deal, I wonder if he would consider playing in Florida next season.
He sniped out the goalie pretty good a few nights ago against Riga.

thevreelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:51 AM
  #46
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 3,273
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevreelander View Post
He sniped out the goalie pretty good a few nights ago against Riga.
I saw it on a crappy stream. Looked really like a poor positioning by our backup goalie. :/

ozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 03:17 PM
  #47
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
He is NOT an NHL caliber player. He is not a game breaker and heavily depends on his line-mates, has poor finishing and not extremely fast either. He's an ok KHL second liner, I think his NHL career is over without really getting off to a start
He played really well in NA and the only reason he didn't solidify on the roster was because the Canucks were one of the best NHL teams in the west. IMO had he been on a team like Florida, or similar, he would have been permanently on the roster.

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 07:46 PM
  #48
Medo
Registered User
 
Medo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Croatia
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
http://www.khl.hr/hr/khl/khl-u-opasn...-ruskog-zakona

Interesting article about the possible ban on state owned companies financing professional sport in Russia. It seems like suicide for entire Russian professional sport?

Medo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  #49
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Russia-2 has suspended Gimaev for criticizing their hockey games line-up.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2013, 10:27 AM
  #50
Jussi
Hey everyone
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 55,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
http://www.khl.hr/hr/khl/khl-u-opasn...-ruskog-zakona

Interesting article about the possible ban on state owned companies financing professional sport in Russia. It seems like suicide for entire Russian professional sport?
Which/how many KHL teams would be affected by this?

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.