HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
So this means that having prospects like Collberg, Lehkonen and Hudon, with prospects like McCarron, Crisp and De la Rose to make room and get them the puck, is a great thing? IMO it's these prospects and those in Hamilton that will win the Habs next Stanley Cup, along with the Egg line, Price, Subban and Markov.

Markov will hopefully be here teaching Beaulieu the finer points of winning and quarterbacking the PP. Another point I would like to make is the Habs drafting Alexis Vanier & Carl Neill for the future defence, they would make a great 3rd pairing while apprenticing on the Hab blueline.
I don't see what people see in Neill. To me he looks fat and not very involved. Maybe I just saw one of his bad games...

Old
11-20-2013, 01:47 PM
zzoo

McCarron: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...7_accueil_POS3

Quote:
«Michael McCarron a du talent, croyez-moi, poursuit Hunter. On doit simplement améliorer la vitesse à laquelle il fait ses jeux. Mais les joueurs costauds se développement plus lentement. Ils doivent "apprivoiser" leur gabarit. Il réussira à percer, car ses habitudes de travail sont irréprochables. Il fait tout ce qu'on lui demande. Il deviendra un attaquant de puissance dans la LNH, un peu à la façon de David Clarkson ou Wayne Simmonds

Old
11-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
In terms of his scoring, I do think that will come around, to greater or lesser extent. He seems to know where to go and what to do, but as Hunter describes hasn't quite had the jump to get it done in time. He'll adjust. And he'll move up the lineup. And all will one day seem better on that front than at present.

What worries me more (this is low key, early days "worry", so let's not read that as too big a deal either) is his physical play/fighting. He obviously has the size. I'm assuming there's strength as part of that size package. But I don't see him using it as well/much as I was expecting. I thought he would be a more "intimidating" player at the OHL level, anyway, even in these early days. Does he lack a "killer instinct" to really be that kind of player? He doesn't seem to play "angry" so far. His PIM totals with Team USA were high, so I thought maybe he was more naturally aggressive than I've seen so far in the OHL...

Old
11-20-2013, 02:41 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
In terms of his scoring, I do think that will come around, to greater or lesser extent. He seems to know where to go and what to do, but as Hunter describes hasn't quite had the jump to get it done in time. He'll adjust. And he'll move up the lineup. And all will one day seem better on that front than at present.

What worries me more (this is low key, early days "worry", so let's not read that as too big a deal either) is his physical play/fighting. He obviously has the size. I'm assuming there's strength as part of that size package. But I don't see him using it as well/much as I was expecting. I thought he would be a more "intimidating" player at the OHL level, anyway, even in these early days. Does he lack a "killer instinct" to really be that kind of player? He doesn't seem to play "angry" so far. His PIM totals with Team USA were high, so I thought maybe he was more naturally aggressive than I've seen so far in the OHL...
By all accounts, he hurt that shoulder and said that he's been hitting with his other shoulder. I think that type of hesitation, which shoulder do I hit this guy with, how do I angle in to hit him.. will reduce the opportunities to punish people. I think we'll see his physical game ramp up later on in the year.. his fighting needs to improve but he's shown a willingness to do so.

Old
11-20-2013, 04:28 PM
FazChenyuk

Thats encouraging let him develop and get quicker

Old
11-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
By all accounts, he hurt that shoulder and said that he's been hitting with his other shoulder. I think that type of hesitation, which shoulder do I hit this guy with, how do I angle in to hit him.. will reduce the opportunities to punish people. I think we'll see his physical game ramp up later on in the year.. his fighting needs to improve but he's shown a willingness to do so.
Interesting, I hadn't heard about the shoulder. Fighting is getting harder to do effectively in the OHL as well... I watched him tangle with Tyler Hill who also has bigness, but no real fighting or toughness track record... and thought he seemed tentative and un-intimidating in that matchup, for example. It's still not a big deal to me, the game will continue to evolve and hitting and just driving the net consistently are the main things I want from him, not fighting. But if he could become effective at that, it would at least give him a bare minimum foundation for his career aspirations.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:37 PM
EveryDay

Is it me or Gregoire look so big on the ice on that Subway series?

Old
11-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Absolutely! I think he made a good case for himself for, at least, an invitation for Team Canada Camp.

Old
11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
He has been that size since joining the 'Q. He's committed to his training. What impressed me tonight, seeing him live for the first time this year, he looked much more explosive on skates, great to see.

Old
11-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He has been that size since joining the 'Q. He's committed to his training. What impressed me tonight, seeing him live for the first time this year, he looked much more explosive on skates, great to see.
They said something interesting on Sportsnet, that the Habs had somebody look at his skating stride on computer and he was skating too upright so they set him up with orthodics in his skates which helped his foot speed.

What I like about him is he plays the power game and is not affraid of traffic. Once he gets offensive chances he has above average skill to finish. His game reminds me of Dubinsky who is now with CBJ. Similar size and skills.

Old
11-21-2013, 08:19 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I thought he would be a more "intimidating" player at the OHL level, anyway, even in these early days. Does he lack a "killer instinct" to really be that kind of player? He doesn't seem to play "angry" so far. His PIM totals with Team USA were high, so I thought maybe he was more naturally aggressive than I've seen so far in the OHL...
Uh. Habs drafted him in first round, and don't want his career ended in a stupid OHL fight, and have told the knights that? Maybe?

Old
11-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Really tired of reading posts like these... it wont matter in 5 years when fighting is abolished anyways... nobody NEEDS to improve their fighting to MAKE it in the NHL...unless your a 4th liner.. but again, its GOING to be abolished soon enough anyways so i sincerely hope he focusses on other aspects of his game instead of "fighting"

Old
11-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Good for Thrower man, really having a decent comeback year so far

last year in 54 games, 6 goals 21 assists 27 points

so far this year 20 games, 8 goals , 13 assists 21 points

glad to see that offensive touch coming back

Old
11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Uh. Habs drafted him in first round, and don't want his career ended in a stupid OHL fight, and have told the knights that? Maybe?
You think NHL teams tell junior teams that they don't want their big tough prospects to fight? Really? Interesting. It may not be the major selling point on McCarron as a prospect, but it definitely was a consideration in drafting him, there's no way it couldn't have been. And he does have a lot of room to improve there. Fighting in the OHL is one way to get that improvement. He could have gone the NCAA route, after all.

Old
11-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
So people were happy that he was not going to go the NCAA route because he wouldn't be able to play HIS game and yet, he will be told to play in the OHL like he'd be playing....in the NCAA? Makes no sense. If his game is to go all in, he should go all in. Problem is that from his own admission, he's so not there yet. He is just trying to keep the pace. Looks to me that you might see what McCarron is all about in year 2....like we saw with Tinordi.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:

Do you really think the Habs or any other NHL team would ever attempt to tell a junior GM not to let a player fight? And to then add a headshake..like you'd be dumb not to think it's the case? It's not how the hockey world works. I could well imagine how Dale Hunter would react to such a ludicrous request.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

DLR #9 white/blue

forgot to post as it's already late in the 1st. DLR is listed on the 4th line.

Last edited by montreal: 11-23-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old
11-21-2013, 04:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

dat hipcheck

Old
11-21-2013, 08:36 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I don't see what people see in Neill. To me he looks fat and not very involved. Maybe I just saw one of his bad games...
Depending on where the Habs draft and if Vanier was the Habs property, then it might behoove them to wait until next year and get his partner Nicolas Meloche. Truly Meloche will be a good pick for 2015, if the Habs continue playing the way they are this year, a 20-25 pick may be in the cards for the 2014 draft.

Forwards may be the best route in that case, here are three that the Habs might be able to draft;

1st round - RW - Conner Bleackley or Alex Tuch
2nd round - RC - Eric Cornel or Christian Dvorak
3rd round - LW - Matt Mistele or Daniel Audette / if not then Alex Vanier on LD.

These picks aren't as impressive as the players from the last two drafts, but then without a 3rd OV and extra 2nd round picks, fans can't expect to be spoiled this year.

Old
11-22-2013, 08:25 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Do you really think the Habs or any other NHL team would ever attempt to tell a junior GM not to let a player fight? And to then add a headshake..like you'd be dumb not to think it's the case? It's not how the hockey world works. I could well imagine how Dale Hunter would react to such a ludicrous request.
GM I respect your views, but come on, this is big money, big risk, first round pick. Generally your are correct, it is hockey, but come on man, you think Habs will be happy if Mc breaks his jaw in a fight, or is seriously concussed, in the OHL?

I think Habs have told Mark Hunter to not **** with Mc's health. Yes. I do think that. He is an at risk prospect. And I think Hunter would have no problem with that. You seriously think Hunter thinks the bloody London Knights are more important than developing a potential massive Habs prospect, when Mc not fighting will not make a difference to this OHL team losing or winning anyway? I don't. Hunter knows the score, come on man.

If you were Habs GM, how happy would you be if he was concussed 3 times in fights in the OHL?

I am actually really surprised at your answer, given your knowledge of the hockey world. It makes me wonder how much you really know.

Not impressed.

Old
11-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
GM I respect your views, but come on, this is big money, big risk, first round pick. Generally your are correct, it is hockey, but come on man, you think Habs will be happy if Mc breaks his jaw in a fight, or is seriously concussed, in the OHL?

I think Habs have told Mark Hunter to not **** with Mc's health. Yes. I do think that. He is an at risk prospect. And I think Hunter would have no problem with that. You seriously think Hunter thinks the bloody London Knights are more important than developing a potential massive Habs prospect, when Mc not fighting will not make a difference to this OHL team losing or winning anyway? I don't. Hunter knows the score, come on man.

If you were Habs GM, how happy would you be if he was concussed 3 times in fights in the OHL?

I am actually really surprised at your answer, given your knowledge of the hockey world. It makes me wonder how much you really know.

Not impressed.
Yeah but you're just one of those troll guy thingies... the fact that YOU say "i wonder how much you really know" to someone like Grant just makes YOU look like you know even less and willingly admit to it

You're just trying to bait Grant and i get it, but honestly, you simply look like a shmuck lol, nice try tho.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:49 AM
HCH

Quote:

Not impressed.
I can't believe anyone would actually post something like this.

Old
11-22-2013, 10:55 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Just found a link to watch Lehkonen live,

#62 black

Should have a link for Collberg's game later today and McMillan's tonight if anyone wants to watch North Dakota vs BC but it's on the same time as the Habs and Dogs.

Last edited by montreal: 11-23-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old
11-22-2013, 12:50 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Stittsville Royals trade Eric Malloy, Alex Bouchey and a 16-yr old card in 14-15 to Athens Aeros for Kurtis Keohane and Keegan Rowe.

Old
11-22-2013, 01:19 PM
overlords
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnybrook19 View Post
Stittsville Royals trade Eric Malloy, Alex Bouchey and a 16-yr old card in 14-15 to Athens Aeros for Kurtis Keohane and Keegan Rowe.
...okay?

Closed Thread