HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about Avalanche road jersey

Old
12-19-2006, 08:52 PM
DC-1

vCash: 500
Question about Avalanche road jersey

I'd like to get a nice collection of thoughts on this from you guys (and gals) if I could.

How do you think the Avs uniform (road) would look if they reversed the Burgandy color with the blue color on the sweater?

DC-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 11:41 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-1 View Post
I'd like to get a nice collection of thoughts on this from you guys (and gals) if I could.

How do you think the Avs uniform (road) would look if they reversed the Burgandy color with the blue color on the sweater?
You do realize that the road jersey is the white one..I hardly think there is enough burgandy or blue on it to make much difference if the colors were reversed.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Commander Enigma

I need a photoshop job. I can't visualize it.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-1 View Post

Did you mean the actual current (white) road sweater, Dino? Or are you referring to the dark sweaters that were traditionally the road unis?

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:34 AM
volaju

He has to be talking about the dark sweater.

But I agree, a photo-chop is in order, I can't picture it. I do miss the pretty Nords jerseys, they just had a calming effect. Very nice to look at. If the Avs' jerseys looked anything like that, I'd be happy.

volaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy View Post
I need a photoshop job. I can't visualize it.
agreed. I must also add they should switch back to having the White Uni's be the Home Uni's.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 11:41 PM
DC-1

Yes, I am talking about both sweater's - I'm sorry, I should have clarified, I think that if they changed the burgandy & blue, the look may look more crisp. Don't get me wrong I like their jersey just fine, but I'm wondering that as rumors make the rounds that they'll be revising something for next year, would a switch in their two primary colors look good?

DC-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Doctor No
Retired

I think it'd be interesting enough that it's worth taking a look at. I like the current look, but the switch would undoubtedly grow on me.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul755 View Post
agreed. I must also add they should switch back to having the White Uni's be the Home Uni's.
I agree. I never liked the idea of the home team wearing the darker jersey's. There's more symbolism behind the white jersey's being better for the home team. Similar to military white uniforms for formal events, or the good guys wearing white, or just the fact that when they wear lighter jersey's they stick out more, and the home team is the team you want to focus on more anyway.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

I prefer colored jerseys at home. Let the visitor wear plain old white, while the home team proudly displays their colors for the home-team fans.

Line up 30 players -- one from each team -- in white, and they all look pretty much alike. Line 'em up in their colors, and you can pick your guy out easily. It's the colors that distinguish them from everyone else.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 10:29 AM
dwkdnvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul755 View Post
The 3rd jersey trend is what drove the change, since most of them are dark-color based, and road teams don't want to travel with 2 sets of stuff. If you don't get rid of the 3rd jersey (big money-maker, so not going anywhere I'd guess), then switching back probably won't happen.

dwkdnvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 02:17 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkdnvr View Post
The 3rd jersey trend is what drove the change, since most of them are dark-color based, and road teams don't want to travel with 2 sets of stuff. If you don't get rid of the 3rd jersey (big money-maker, so not going anywhere I'd guess), then switching back probably won't happen.
I don't know...I think the AVs could get away with a lighter colored third jersey. Keep the same look but go with a cream or very off-white color and COLORADO spelled out in burgundy block letters much the same way it currently is. I think it would look good and still maintain that retro look...I'd be proud to buy and wear a number #26 like that.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:36 PM
theswede

Here's a quick & dirty PS of the color switch

And the original

Personally I think they should pick a dominant color and go with it. Like the 3rd jersey. So when you see them on TV, you know instantly what team it is. Flyers, Redwings, and Rangers come to mind.

theswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Subzero

I think they should get rid of the burgandy all together. It looks weak and out of place. Maybe change it to crimson and change the blue to a Navy. Idealy they should change their jerseys to look like the Maine Black Bears. Best uniforms in college hockey.leveille.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AwayJersey-c.jpg‎ (18.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HomeJersey-c.jpg‎ (18.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ThirdJersey-c.jpg‎ (19.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Subzero: 12-23-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Subzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd rather they do something solid burgandy. The blue piping seems to get swallowed up in the red.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Commander Enigma

If they're going to change the jerseys they should definitely do something more dramatic than flipping the colors. I tend to agree with the thoughts about picking a dominant color. I really like the third jerseys.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:49 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswede View Post

And the original

Personally I think they should pick a dominant color and go with it. Like the 3rd jersey. So when you see them on TV, you know instantly what team it is. Flyers, Redwings, and Rangers come to mind.

Maybe it's because I'm used to it, but I like the way it is now, as opposed to reversing the colors. I like the 3rd jersey better though. In fact, I think I'll start a poll on the 3rd jersey. I've been thinking about doing so for a while just to find out how many people like/dislike it. It seems very split.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 12-23-2006 at 04:58 AM.
Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 03:57 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:

And the original

Looks too much like a canucks jersey...or atleast there old 3rd jerseys

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:

And the original

You need to wash that jersey...it has some kind of scribbling on the number.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 06:10 PM
theswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
You need to wash that jersey...it has some kind of scribbling on the number.
I wish it were mine, it's courtesy of Google image search. If Sen. McCain has his way, HFBoards would be getting sued.

theswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:17 PM
The_Hockey_Guy18

I think this might of been stated in another thread, but I think they should make a new jersey all together, and try to incorporate the big foot as the main logo, like the Sabres did with the swords. Couldn't imagine how it would be done, or the colors, but try to change it up from the old style home and away. Maybe try a cream color, with burgandy and navy piping, something that no one else has.

The_Hockey_Guy18 is offline   Reply With Quote