HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
...okay?
hey... ALL useless information has a chance to become useful ONE time!

Old
11-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Just so we dont get too high on Hudon, this latest comment should put our expectations of the player back to where they should be considering his size and where he was drafted:

Charles Hudon, Montrealís 2012 fifth-rounder from Chicoutimi, was a under-20 pick before injury last year, so you figure he should be a lock if healthy this year. He looked to be that with a nice performance with a couple of goals in the Qís win in the first leg of the Subway Super Series in Gatineau this week. In Sherbrooke though, he looked flat and lacked the speed to give Russia defenders much of a problem. As one scout said: ďA good junior and Hockey Canada-type player, but if he makes the roster that doesnít mean heís a NHL prospect. He doesnít do anything well enough to project him as anything other than a journeyman.Ē

I still like him, but lets not all get too carried away with him. I havent seen the kind of bite out of him that Gallagher has. Without it, i dont think Gallagher would have ever succeeded in the NHL.

Old
11-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Macbeth

Quote:
...okay?
That's the randomest post I've seen in a good, long while.

Old
11-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Just so we dont get too high on Hudon, this latest comment should put our expectations of the player back to where they should be considering his size and where he was drafted:

Charles Hudon, Montrealís 2012 fifth-rounder from Chicoutimi, was a under-20 pick before injury last year, so you figure he should be a lock if healthy this year. He looked to be that with a nice performance with a couple of goals in the Qís win in the first leg of the Subway Super Series in Gatineau this week. In Sherbrooke though, he looked flat and lacked the speed to give Russia defenders much of a problem. As one scout said: ďA good junior and Hockey Canada-type player, but if he makes the roster that doesnít mean heís a NHL prospect. He doesnít do anything well enough to project him as anything other than a journeyman.Ē

I still like him, but lets not all get too carried away with him. I havent seen the kind of bite out of him that Gallagher has. Without it, i dont think Gallagher would have ever succeeded in the NHL.
we have enough 5"9 forwards shining in our system , be it reway, andrigetto, collberg, or hudon ... i agree that if you dont have the gallagher SPARK, you wont make it. I certainly am not freaking out about Hudon of all people lol..

Old
11-22-2013, 01:47 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:

Doesn't do anything well enough? He has hockey sense up the wazoo.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Doesn't do anything well enough? He has hockey sense up the wazoo.
Yeah that was the part i didnt agree all that much with. Still, i think he needs to add a bit of an edge to his game if he wants to be a top 6 player in the NHL.

Old
11-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
I never understood the hype towards Hudon especially this year. Guy is a PPG player at 19 in the Q.
He's very similar to Dumont in size and style and Dumont was able to produce at a 1.5 PPG pace in the Q in his last season.

I'm sorry I just don't see Hudon with the Habs in the future. He might be called up on occasion but he'll be good for Hamilton. I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm way more intrigued in a guy like Reway tbh. Yes, he's small but he might be the second most skilled guy in the organization after Galchenyuk.

Old
11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I never understood the hype towards Hudon especially this year. Guy is a PPG player at 19 in the Q.
He's very similar to Dumont in size and style and Dumont was able to produce at a 1.5 PPG pace in the Q in his last season.

I'm sorry I just don't see Hudon with the Habs in the future. He might be called up on occasion but he'll be good for Hamilton. I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm way more intrigued in a guy like Reway tbh. Yes, he's small but he might be the second most skilled guy in the organization after Galchenyuk.
also scored 50 goals lol..

Reway is intriguing yes...but we'll see..

Old
11-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
also scored 50 goals lol..

Reway is intriguing yes...but we'll see..
And just to prove how hard it is to make the NHL, Dumont also plays with a bit of nastiness--and still cant break in with the club. If you're undersized, its almost obligatory that youre a bit of a #$@! disturber. Martin St. Louis is a huge (pun intended) exception to the rule.

Old
11-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

Quote:
And just to prove how hard it is to make the NHL, Dumont also plays with a bit of nastiness--and still cant break in with the club. If you're undersized, its almost obligatory that youre a bit of a #$@! disturber. Martin St. Louis is a huge (pun intended) exception to the rule.
Dumont's knack has always been his skating and his size, he was always projected as a 4th liner in the mold of Maxime Talbot. I don't see the ressemblance between him and Hudon, Hudon has much better hands, better shot, better vision. Dumont benefited from playing with Couturier in Drummondville.

Old
11-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Dumont's knack has always been his skating and his size, he was always projected as a 4th liner in the mold of Maxime Talbot. I don't see the ressemblance between him and Hudon, Hudon has much better hands, better shot, better vision. Dumont benefited from playing with Couturier in Drummondville.
Speaking of which, what the hell happened to this kid anyway??

Old
11-22-2013, 04:39 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Speaking of which, what the hell happened to this kid anyway??
Not sure if serious.

Old
11-22-2013, 05:05 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I can't speak to the Hudon of this year but last year he was ridiculous. In the Subway Series he made Yakupov look useless, stole the puck off Grigorenko and pretty much made something happen every shift while most of the time looking like the best player on the ice for both sides.

He's no Drouin skill wise but they're good enough that coupled with his insane hockey sense he could be a very dangerous player.

If he doesn't grow stronger or faster or continues to get hampered by injuries then he'll run into some issues.

All I know is if he's playing injured (he says he isn't now) then FFS someone should force him to sit till he's FULLY recovered. I don't care if it's not the done thing, he's WAY to valuable a prospect. He needs a full offseason dedicated to training and getting stronger so these types of injuries can stop happening otherwise the vicious cycle will only continue.

Old
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Reway is insane... 2 pts so far. At this rate, he might be at 2PPG by the end of the month.

Old
11-22-2013, 08:10 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Reway is insane... 2 pts so far. At this rate, he might be at 2PPG by the end of the month.
yep and Hudon 1G 2A so far today!

Edit 1 more goals for Hudon 2G 2A and GWG

Last edited by EveryDay: 11-22-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
yep and Hudon 1G 2A so far today!

Edit 1 more goals for Hudon 2G 2A and GWG
Not worried about Hudon potential.. for me there is 2 things that worries me about him.

1. Durability (man does he gets injured often)
2. Size (he needs to get stronger. really, that might help durability)

He oozes hockey vision and production isnt such a big thing with him, he is clutch and will click with NHL'ers no doubt. But those concerns are really big question marks specially for this year.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:02 PM
LeMAD

Barring injuries, Hudon will be a NHLer. Too much hockey sense to fail.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:14 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Hudon doing his best Reway impersonation: 2g,3a.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:17 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Gregoire with a goal, Crisp with a goal. Vail continuing to do nicely with 1g, 2a.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:25 PM
That

Charles Hudon's 5 Point Performance against Charlottetown. The second goal was a beaut.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:38 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Charles Hudon's 5 Point Performance against Charlottetown. The second goal was a beaut.

Amazing GWG!!!!

Old
11-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Hudon did that with Dauphin suspended, they needed to step it up and he did. Good stuff.

Fucale with 2 goals allowed on 27 shots in another win. 3rd straight solid game, seems to be back on track.

Caught a few minutes of the Spitfires game on Sportsnet, saw 2 of Vail's assists. He looked solid, Bournival-esque I would say. They were playing a Guelph team that was scoring 5 goals a game on average and limited them to 2, no doubt Vail had a huge part in that.

Turns out That has the video up.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:47 PM
That

Vail's 3 Points.

EDIT: Beaten on my own ****ing video. Damn you Marc.

Old
11-22-2013, 10:00 PM
blueberry

I've only seen Hudon couple of times and he looks good from the blueline in. Can someone who see's him often tell me how come his junior points are mediocre? Should he not be tearing it up?

Old
11-22-2013, 10:07 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
I've only seen Hudon couple of times and he looks good from the blueline in. Can someone who see's him often tell me how come his junior points are mediocre? Should he not be tearing it up?
Well there's a couple of reasons why he hasn't been incredible this year. First off, Chicoutimi is a lot weaker this year. Losing Asselin, Sedlak, and Gagnon really hurt them offensively. But his team isn't the only excuse. This year he doesn't appear to have quite the same compete, or intensity to his game that he had last season. Hudon has also been fairly selfish in my viewings (taking lots of penalties, carrying the puck for too long), but he's improved on that as of late. Lastly, his shooting percentage is just 8.0% (it's steadily improving), while his average in his three previous season is 12.73%.

Closed Thread