HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How the Mighty have Fallen

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2013, 02:46 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

vCash: 500
How the Mighty have Fallen

In my game room I have a poster of Jose Theodore in that classic picture with his toque over his goalie mask. It made me start thinking of past Habs 'greats' or those that should of, could of, etc that took off but never really went anywhere.

Granted Jose had Montreal by its 'tail' and his future sure looked bright. His trophys and accolades not withstanding.

How about others who should of done something but never did--I think of Mr October.. not reggie Jackson, but Brian Savage. Have a bunch of goals but then faded away by November 1st. A non Hab would be Chad Kilger--4th pick and never really got it going.

How about your Mightys..Who can you think of where reality never met the potential

Old
11-22-2013, 02:56 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD HABSFAN View Post
In my game room I have a poster of Jose Theodore in that classic picture with his toque over his goalie mask. It made me start thinking of past Habs 'greats' or those that should of, could of, etc that took off but never really went anywhere.

Granted Jose had Montreal by its 'tail' and his future sure looked bright. His trophys and accolades not withstanding.

How about others who should of done something but never did--I think of Mr October.. not reggie Jackson, but Brian Savage. Have a bunch of goals but then faded away by November 1st. A non Hab would be Chad Kilger--4th pick and never really got it going.

How about your Mightys..Who can you think of where reality never met the potential
Dainius Zubrus was always a frustrating player to watch. He'd show these elite glimpses and then dissapear. He's had a decent career, but he should have been a much better player with his natural abilities and size.

Gilbert Dionne looked like he could be something special at the start of his career, but that fizzled away into nothing.

Benoit Brunet was a very talented player, but every time he started to get on a role he got hurt..and always serious injuries pretty much

Old
11-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Karl Pilkington

I paint pictures of jerseys.. My dad has a whole bunch of habs ones I've done for him... Richard (9), Lafleur (10), Koivu (11), Beliveau (4)....... Thedore(60)... lol that one seems really out of place; I just did him a Subban one. That one will only seem out of place if he gets run out of Montreal.

What ever happened to Juha Lind?

Old
11-22-2013, 03:10 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

More recently, I've been very disappointed by Andrei Kostityn. This guy had ALL the tools to be a top powerforward in the NHL: size, hands, hockey sense, speed and could play tough. He never (rarely) knew how to use them and I even suspect he didn't know he had all of those.

As for Theodore, I really feel for the guy. His personal life must have been tough to deal with in the last years and he still had to find a way to keep playing.

Old
11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
More recently, I've been very disappointed by Andrei Kostityn. This guy had ALL the tools to be a top powerforward in the NHL: size, hands, hockey sense, speed and could play tough. He never (rarely) knew how to use them and I even suspect he didn't know he had all of those.

As for Theodore, I really feel for the guy. His personal life must have been tough to deal with in the last years and he still had to find a way to keep playing.
Yes he went thru tough times.. but before that if i remember his downfall started with a motorcycle gang and then there was pics of him and paris hilton etc. Thats when the cookie started to crumble

Old
11-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Alexander Perezhogin.

Too bad he was only used with Bonk.....

Old
11-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Terry Ryan (head injuries)...
Maybe could have been Ryane Clowe befroe Ryane Clowe

Old
11-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Strat

Quote:

I don't want to be that guy, but this was painful to read...

It's ;

- could've (as in "could HAVE")
- should've (as in "should HAVE")
- trophies
- notwithstanding
- roll (not role) <-- for the 2nd poster.

I know this isn't English class but it really doesn't take much effort to spell correctly.

Old
11-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
Yes he went thru tough times.. but before that if i remember his downfall started with a motorcycle gang and then there was pics of him and paris hilton etc. Thats when the cookie started to crumble
Also, testing positive to propecia.

Old
11-22-2013, 04:26 PM
LeHaboholique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat View Post

It's ;

- trophies
- notwithstanding

I know this isn't English class but it really doesn't take much effort to spell correctly.
thx u gramr gawd. ur 2 gud fr us. wre naut wrthy

Old
11-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Strat

To answer your question, I find that the Habs organization really shoots itself in the foot (or at least it used to) by presenting us every player as being some type of savior (especially French-Canadian ones).

We could easily have a huge list of these players even listing guys like Hossa (no, not the good one). lol!

A lot of these picks were either not chosen well or were not well developed. I do remember that I ranted a few times about how the Habs (up until now) would take any player with offensive potential from Hamilton and just bury that guy on the 4th line with players who had zero hockey sense. These Hamilton players would obviously not be able to produce any sparks and would then be sent back down.

Talk about setting people up for failure. I am positive that the Habs sacrificed a whole bunch of players who could have potentially had a good career in the NHL by handling them the way they historically did.

Old
11-22-2013, 04:28 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

delete

Last edited by BRAD HABSFAN: 11-22-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old
11-22-2013, 04:29 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:

It's ;

- trophies
- notwithstanding

you are right

Old
11-22-2013, 04:32 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

I'm with strat on this one. If English is your first language, just because you're writing online does not mean you shouldn't make an effort to not write like a third grader.

Good grammar and spelling is seriously underrated.

On a side note, if you're the kind of person that does online dating, that's one of those things that will get you ignored quickly by that which you seek.

Just keep that in mind.

Old
11-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

It's ;

- trophies
- notwithstanding

what is this a dating site? .. you're really "reaching" with these "errors" ... he put a space between not and withstanding and all of a sudden the grammar police, no, SWAT team shows up? sheesh :/

Old
11-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
I'm with strat on this one. If English is your first language, just because you're writing online does not mean you shouldn't make an effort to not write like a third grader.

On a side note, if you're the kind of person that does online dating, that's one of those things that will get you ignored quickly by that which you seek.

Just keep that in mind.
I'm not with you on this one.
People on this forum are either
A) Not very educated (No shots at anyone, thats how it is.)
B)French
C) Have a disorder of some sort that prevents them of writing perfectly (Like me)

Really think again... It's not like he's using abbreviations or something and anyway those errors are really minor...

He's not writting an essay of some sort.

Oh yeah, IDK... don't mention dating sites ?

Old
11-22-2013, 04:53 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post

On a side note, if you're the kind of person that does online dating, that's one of those things that will get you ignored quickly by that which you seek. Just keep that in mind.
I tried that but my wife was not to happy.

As far as grammar and spelling; I appreciate everyones concern about it, but people figured out what I was trying to say and answered. If people are here to correct so be it; I did not sign up for grammar/spelling class; I joined to talk hockey. If you can not accept that, then just ignore my post..And I do find it funny that Strat criticised me in one post, then answered in another.

Old
11-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I remember seeing Marcel Hossa in one of his first games... thought he was going to be awesome.

I always thought Brian Savage would turn out better than he did (though he was still a good player.)

Chris Higgins... see Brian Savage.

Komisarek - Hey wha happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Alexander Perezhogin.

Too bad he was only used with Bonk.....
Too bad he was coached by Carbo. He absolutely ruined him. That was hard to watch.

Old
11-22-2013, 04:56 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Wait. This ISN'T a dating site??

Old
11-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Saku was really something before that first knee injury. Very good player, but really could have been something special.

Old
11-22-2013, 05:05 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm not with you on this one.
People on this forum are either
A) Not very educated (No shots at anyone, thats how it is.)
B)French
C) Have a disorder of some sort that prevents them of writing perfectly (Like me)Really think again... It's not like he's using abbreviations or something and anyway those errors are really minor...

He's not writting an essay of some sort.

Oh yeah, IDK... don't mention dating sites ?
Thats me.. my thoughts are faster then my typing. Again if it offends dont post anything--just ignore. O well [wait is it O or Oh??]

Old
11-22-2013, 05:07 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
It has been in the past.

Old
11-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Let's ask our resident females if they feel hit on :-p

Also, need I remind our veterans of that time, many years ago.... the Beakermania & Lil Winger saga? :-p

Also, anarmandaleb told me a couple times she wanted to have a drink with me, heh, never happened.

Old
11-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Avengers*

I'm ready and available for an expensive dinner tonight.

Old
11-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Given the pages of posts about Subway girl the other day , if this place were a dating site it would be lavaloaf.com

Closed Thread