HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hurricanes have made Ruutu & Tlusty available - Flames have made Backlund available

Old
11-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Dharvey33

vCash: 500
I bet the habs would be interested in Tlustly to play with Plekanec if he was available. But we don't have a bunch of pmd the best we can afford is Diaz.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Man Its crazy Tlusty was great last year, its scary how fast things change :O
In fairness, it's not a Tlusty issue. Other than Skinner (who just returned after missing 11 games with a wrist injury), the entire Canes roster has struggled to score and are really not any different than Tlusty (who is a complementary player anyhow).

Eric Staal: 48 point pace (where he has consistently been a 70-80 point player)
Semin: 37 point pace
Jordan Staal: 26 point pace
Tlusty: 22 point pace
Ruutu: 15 point pace
Dwyer: 12 point pace

About the only two forwards that are on a scoring pace at or above their expected averages are Skinner (67 point pace applied to 82 games); Gerbe (37 point pace).

It's a pretty dismal time to watch Hurricane hockey, especially if you like to see goals.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:06 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOllieC View Post
He hasn't played there really for the Canes. I think he was drafted as a C and has played LW since.

I'd say his ability to find open spots and score off feeds is his greatest asset. Go watch his goals from last year you'll see what I mean.
That's very intriguing actually. The Rangers seem to be able to find open guys easily it's the scoring that they can't seem to do. The Rangers need another finisher badly. The amount of chances Kreider has not finished now must be in the millions. So maybe a DZ for Tlusty trade with one side and/or the other side adding something may be beneficial to both teams.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

What about Michael Del Zotto, Taylor Pyatt and Ryan Bourque for Jiri Tlusty and Mike Murphy?

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:09 PM
bleedgreen

The reason tlusty goes in a trade is as much about him being rfa after the season as much as it's about him struggling. The canes have signed skinner, jstaal, semin to big deals and have Faulk coming up in the off season. They're already pretty maxed out with salaries. They won't be able to sign tlusty to real money, and since he hasn't been exactly essential this season it makes sense they move him for a need.

He is a very solid player. He doesn't turn over the puck, to the point of almost never taking risks which effects his numbers IMO. He always chips it deep instead of the middle,he's very defensively responsible. Scoring wise he can finish around the net very well. The line isn't clicking, and the style he plays doesn't create a lot of offense for himself. He can either be a checking line winger or a complimentary piece on a scoring line. Reminds me a lot of a more responsible version of vrbata before he got consistent. Somewhere like Nashville or Phoenix would probably be great for him, though he could complement a top line on a team like Detroit too.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
In fairness, it's not a Tlusty issue. Other than Skinner (who just returned after missing 11 games with a wrist injury), the entire Canes roster has struggled to score and are really not any different than Tlusty (who is a complementary player anyhow).

Eric Staal: 48 point pace (where he has consistently been a 70-80 point player)
Semin: 37 point pace
Jordan Staal: 26 point pace
Tlusty: 22 point pace
Ruutu: 15 point pace
Dwyer: 12 point pace

About the only two forwards that are on a scoring pace at or above their expected averages are Skinner (67 point pace applied to 82 games); Gerbe (37 point pace).

It's a pretty dismal time to watch Hurricane hockey, especially if you like to see goals.
What's scary to me is that you guys are less than 0.2 GPG worse than us.

Old
dogbazinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
What about Michael Del Zotto, Taylor Pyatt and Ryan Bourque for Jiri Tlusty and Mike Murphy?
No thanks

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Ryan Ellis / tlusty ?

11-22-2013, 07:13 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLKarlsson View Post
Why are the Flames giving up on Backlund so early? I mean sure, he's never going to be a high point producer, but he has all the tools to be an outstanding 3c.

I could see Edmonton being interested in Backlund.
We have a good third line center already, we don't need Backlund unless it is for dirt cheap. If we were interested, it probably would have worked into the Smid trade.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:14 PM
bleedgreen

Mdz wouldn't surprise me. If we didn't have Murphy then Ellis would make more sense. He's not a bad offer though. I'd go for gormley I think.

Old
11-22-2013, 07:14 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
The reason tlusty goes in a trade is as much about him being rfa after the season as much as it's about him struggling. The canes have signed skinner, jstaal, semin to big deals and have Faulk coming up in the off season. They're already pretty maxed out with salaries. They won't be able to sign tlusty to real money, and since he hasn't been exactly essential this season it makes sense they move him for a need.

He is a very solid player. He doesn't turn over the puck, to the point off almost never taking risks which effects his numbers IMO. He always chips it deep instead of the middle,he's very defensively responsible. Scoring wise he can finish around the net very well. The line isn't clicking, and the style he plays doesn't create a lot of offense for himself. He can either be a checking line winger or a complimentary piece on a scoring line. Reminds me a lot of a more responsible version of vrbata before he got consistent. Somewhere like Nashville or Phoenix would probably be great for him, though he could complement a top line on a team like Detroit too.
Would be very interested in Tlusty, but with DeKeyser down and really before that I don't see Detroit trading a D-man. Also most of our PMD are really not performing well.

Quincey and Tatar probably doesn't set your world on fire for a player like Tlusty. I don't think it is a bad offer, but not sure how Carolina fans would feel about it.

I don't think the Wings are holding on to both Tatar and Nyquist, so I think they are probably quietly shopping Tatar, if they can get the right piece back. They would probably be pretty interested in Gleason off the Canes as well, problem is Detroit has to send salary out right now have really put themselves behind the eight ball there.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

When you guys say that Tlusty is a good finisher, is it his shot or is he a good finisher around the net? Both?

Old
11-22-2013, 07:15 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Would LOOOOVE to see Ruutu in Edmonton with 1/2 salary retained.

Seeing him with fellow Fin Joensuu with Gordon in the middle would be a sweet checking line.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:17 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

I'm sorry, how exactly have we gone 5 pages without a mention of JML?

Hey Carolina, Leafs will trade you JML for really cheap

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Zirakzigil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
This is not what Dreger said at all for Backlund

He said that Backlund is no longer a prospect and 5 teams have inquired about him.

No sense in the word available.
That makes me feel better. Flames would be making a mistake to give up on him right now.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:19 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
backlund for klein?

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:19 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
When you guys say that Tlusty is a good finisher, is it his shot or is he a good finisher around the net? Both?
Good finisher around the net. He doesn't have a bomb but he has soft hands and is pretty accurate. Little one touches to the top shelf, quick to loose rebounds, rarely misses when set up with a half empty net from his linemates. Right place right time all year last year. He's smart, he knows where he needs to be. You won't ever see him beat anyone one on one, he won't even try. Chip it past and go dig, go to the front for a rebound or get a pass.

Old
11-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Excellent shot (not release, though) and excellent hockey sense around the net.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Would be very interested in Tlusty, but with DeKeyser down and really before that I don't see Detroit trading a D-man. Also most of our PMD are really not performing well.

Quincey and Tatar probably doesn't set your world on fire for a player like Tlusty. I don't think it is a bad offer, but not sure how Carolina fans would feel about it.

I don't think the Wings are holding on to both Tatar and Nyquist, so I think they are probably quietly shopping Tatar, if they can get the right piece back. They would probably be pretty interested in Gleason off the Canes as well, problem is Detroit has to send salary out right now have really put themselves behind the eight ball there.
I'm pretty certain they are shopping Gleason, as well.

Give Carolina a good prospect, a 2nd and Samuelsson and you have a deal.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheOllieC
Leadership

vCash: 620
Quote:
Both. He has a good shot.

Watch this video. Gets rebounds, has a good shot, Finishes out front.

This video makes me not want to trade him

TheOllieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:21 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
If JR has any kind of brain right now he's thinking Gormley or Stone for Tlusty if he's talking to the Yotes, and not a quality for quantity trade which is exactly what Rundblad + Lessio + 3rd is.
I'd do Gormley for Tlusty but that would be the end of the deal. Phoenix would not be adding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Tlusty is about to enter his prime and his style of play is a good fit for the Yotes, so yeah...that would be the max I'd go. But I'd probably see if we can swing it with Rundblad + Rieder + a pick first before having to part with Lessio.
Oh I would definitely agree with you.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Alpha
Q Up.

Ruutu for Booth imo

Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj View Post
I think this is a hunch that only Flames fans have. Gardiner has way more upside and Backlund is lucky if he'd slot in at #4 on the Leafs' center depth chart. The idea that Gardiner is available is based only on the premise that he could be packaged to return either an upgrade on D or C, not a 4C.
Well, you're not any more right or wrong that I am. Backlund has a lot of upside, and he's being severely underused by Hartley. You're really selling him short here.

As for Gardiner being available only for a packaged return, well, I'm not sure what to say to that. You're not the GM, you have no inside knowledge as to what Nonis is thinking, so don't speak like you know that as fact. It's very possible you can be completely wrong, and I'd wager to say you're fantastically off base.

But hey, to each their own opinion.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:23 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
I'd do Gormley for Tlusty but that would be the end of the deal. Phoenix would not be adding.
I'm pretty sure I remember JR trying to trade 3 2nds to move up and draft Gormley.

I think Carolina takes that deal. I think..

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

Thanks for your input guys.