HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse fact and my scouting report

Old
12-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
in all honesty Latendresse could have very close to 30 pts right now if some of his linemates could start burrying half the chances he sets them up with(example Streit missing the open net last night off Gui's shot)

17 pts for Gui ,that is saying something considering he went scoreless in his first near dozen games .

he certianly is putting in a strong rookie campaign and it is exciting to see him improving on a nightly basis right infront of our eyes .

keep up the hard work Gui

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 12-28-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 12:31 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Most hits by forwards fit this description....

Most Forwards aren't hyped on this board as being the next Power forward in the league. I think that was buddy's point

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 12:39 PM
znk

I think you're underating his passing.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours View Post
Most Forwards aren't hyped on this board as being the next Power forward in the league. I think that was buddy's point
I don't know about that. The definition of a "power forward" to me is a guy who scores most of his goals off long cycles, or rebounds from jamming the net, as opposed to scoring off beautiful rushes or fancy passing plays. It's not really about how hard he hits the puck carrier or whether it was after the puck was gone. Examples of famous power forwards are John Leclair, Gary Roberts, and Cam Neely. Obviously a power forward has to be capable of acepting hits and giving some in his battles for the puck in the offensive zone, but the "power" designation comes from the type of goals scored, and not the FORCE of the bodychecks.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:14 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick

I don't know about that. The definition of a "power forward" to me is a guy who scores most of his goals off long cycles, or rebounds from jamming the net, as opposed to scoring off beautiful rushes or fancy passing plays. It's not really about how hard he hits the puck carrier or whether it was after the puck was gone. Examples of famous power forwards are John Leclair, Gary Roberts, and Cam Neely. Obviously a power forward has to be capable of acepting hits and giving some in his battles for the puck in the offensive zone, but the "power" designation comes from the type of goals scored, and not the FORCE of the bodychecks.
Now this makes sense. I agree with you 100%.

Also, at the beggining of the season alot of peopple were complaining because Tender would get caught out of position BECAUSE he was trying to go for the big hit, and now that he's playing smart people are complaining that he doesn't hit enough.

IMO, Tender uses his POWER very well, look at how he is able to protect the puck along the boards and drive to the slot and either get a good shot or make a nice pass. That is how he uses his power effectively.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I'm very impressed with his play and I really wasnt expecting him to be this good after the first 10 games.

Habsfan 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:59 PM
bipolarhabfan

At 19 years old, he has shown a good deal of maturity. On the ice, he has improved every game, has shown that he has great passing abilities (last night's goal by Dandenault), and the ability to protect the puck (a goal a few weeks ago against Boston). However, he needs to improve on puck control when he has received a pass and of course, his skating. All in all, I have been quite impressed by Tender's play this season and he will only get better as he is, as previously stated, only 19 years old.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

I was thinking while watching the Caps game; Why don't they give Latendresse more ice time? The guy makes things happen everytime he is out there

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Although I'm a fan of Gui, am I the only one that thinks our "powerforward" doesn't really hit at all?
He's only leading all rookies in hits... He's not a Steve Bégin type player, he'l hit when he's on the fly in the offensive more likely behind the goalie's net, he finishes his checks but he's no grinder, i'd rather watch him use his strengh to protect the puck rather then just trying to hit everything, i mean who's the last Habs player to use strengh to get rid of someone, Maurice Richard? Yesterday was a great example when he took the check and still left out with the puck, i'm just happy he has enough talent to use that strengh to the maximum, he's already in my humble opinion a top 10 deker and playmaker on our team, witch isin't why we kept him in the line-up in the 1st place. To me Ryder is simply outmnat hed fair and square, if they don't want to use Latendresse on the pp with Koivu and Kovy they should atleast put Higgins and play Tender with Samsonov and either Bonk/Pleckanek

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:57 PM
knuckles3030

He's certainly impressive, but the whole media blitz behind him left a bitter taste in my mouth concerning guillaume. Not his fault at all, but i just can't seem to be ecstatic about him. Anybody else feel the same?

knuckles3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:43 PM
GoGionta

Send a message via AIM to GoGionta Send a message via MSN to GoGionta
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Huh? Does he not have 6-7 pts in his last 5 games?
i thought getting many points were not a factor if a player plays well or not

ask ribeiro

GoGionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 10:06 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
when you put it that way it looks good. But imo when watching the game his hits aren't noticeable. To me, like 90 percent of his hits are little weak ones at the boards AFTER the player passes the puck.

I'm not trying to insult his play, but this is normally how his hits go down,

for example...

Dan Boyle is behind our net with the puck, Gui slowly skates to Boyle, but by the time Gui gets to him the puck is already gone. Gui delivers a tiny hit.

IMO, that's how it's been this year with Gui. Almost all of his hits are along the boards, after the player gets rid of the puck.

That being said, he is improving and seems to have great vision out there.
I think the coaches want him to play a better positioning game than a crash-n-bang one.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 10:07 PM
deandebean

The guy is freaking 19. That's what is so special about the kid. He still has baby fat and needs to grow up a bit. Imagine at 23.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote